Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello- Currently booked for BC Oct 27- Nov 4, but seriously considering changing our res. to a CSR preferred room instead. It looks like it might be up our alley, and is much more affordable.

Anyone ever stay here for FD? We are keeping our fingers crossed for FD for this trip. Is the availability of rooms during FD impacted by conventions- currently it doesn't look as if much is going on at CSR during our stay- but we are more than 180 days out still. Things can change in the blink of an eye.

My only hang-up at the moment is transportation. I read somewhere the MK is a 20 min trip on the busses. Is this correct? I do like that CSR has dedicated busses to the resort and doesn't share with other resorts.

I am thinking about trying out CSR this May but there are two conventions listed for the time we would be there. In your experience, how much do conventions affect the bus travel to the parks? How about the crowds at the pools? I can't decide if going when you know that there are conventions is a good idea or if I should just pick another moderate. I don't want the pool to be so crazy crowded that we can't enjoy our time there. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

I personally would not worry about the conventions. The only complaints I see here on the boards regarding conventions interrupting their pool/bus enjoyment is Grainger. I would NEVER go during this convention as it seems they take over the whole resort and honestly CSR should not book keisure guests during this time IMO. I believe that convention was last quarter?? There were conventions going on when we were there last Oct but the only inconvenience for us was trying to get breakfast items at Cafe Rix in the morning. Made for long lines in that tiny shop. Other than that we never saw them at the pools or on the buses. Poor souls are in meetings most of the day which means no competition for the pool and buses with leisure guests:cool1:

Hello- Currently booked for BC Oct 27- Nov 4, but seriously considering changing our res. to a CSR preferred room instead. It looks like it might be up our alley, and is much more affordable.

Anyone ever stay here for FD? We are keeping our fingers crossed for FD for this trip. Is the availability of rooms during FD impacted by conventions- currently it doesn't look as if much is going on at CSR during our stay- but we are more than 180 days out still. Things can change in the blink of an eye.

My only hang-up at the moment is transportation. I read somewhere the MK is a 20 min trip on the busses. Is this correct? I do like that CSR has dedicated busses to the resort and doesn't share with other resorts.

We stayed at CSR for FD end of last Oct. I had prebooked a room only preferred. When the FD came out I called that morning and had no problem rebooking as a FD package preferred room. If need be, you could always change your room type at CSR to standard, preferred, or waterview to increase the options. If you are deadset on only one room type then yes--it could increase the chances of that category being sold out for the FD offer. There were conventions going on during our stay but they did not affect us at all except during the morning rush at Cafe Rix for bfst items.

CSR buses were very good IMO--and we are not really "bus lovers." Our longest wait was 20 minutes one morning. Otherwise it was usually a 5-7 minute wait. The bus stops are very nice with some built in benches, ceiling fans, vending machines, and a roof for shade.

I am thinking about trying out CSR this May but there are two conventions listed for the time we would be there. In your experience, how much do conventions affect the bus travel to the parks? How about the crowds at the pools? I can't decide if going when you know that there are conventions is a good idea or if I should just pick another moderate. I don't want the pool to be so crazy crowded that we can't enjoy our time there. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

I can honestly say I have never even noticed a convention at our two stays at CSR. Like mentioned above as long as it isn't a massive event like Grainger I wouldn't worry about it. Do a little Internet research and see what you can find about the scope of the two on your dates.

I agree with saskdw.

Anyhoo.....we loved our location in Casitas 3 last Oct. It was not exactly what we asked for but we loved it better than what I had wanted :rotfl2: I requested "high floor, Casitas 3 or 1" and we got ground floor, Casitas 3, water view, corner room next to a cut-thru walk way. LOVED it. Room 3147 to be exact :goodvibes

Our first stay at CSR we requested Cabanas 9A or 9B and we paid for a waterview. We were literally horrified when we got there and we're assigned Ranchos 7B. The day we arrived they were doing a Disney wide computer software update and were unable to make any changes until the next day. Tired from a long day of traveling we begrudgingly headed to our room thinking this is really going to suck. To make a long story short, we ended up in a room overlooking the quiet pool in 7B that had a beautiful view. We were 2 mins from the dig site and 2 mins from busstop 4. We realized the walk to El Centro was really only 5-7 mins (greatly exaggerated by alot of people). We ended up staying in the room for the whole 9 nights, loved it, and had a great time!

Last trip we stayed in Casitas 4 and that is probably the perfect location for our family as we use the Fitness club. I would prefer not to stay in Ranchos 6 or 7A, but other than that I would stay in any other buildings at CSR and have a great time.

Maybe if you get on the bus at the Casitas and have to wait at the other 3 stops, then MAYBE it's 20 minutes. We had an early-morning ADR for Crystal Palace last May, got on the bus at 7:00 AM at the Cabanas stop and were walking up to the front of MK by 7:15. We were among the very first in line.

MK is the longest bus ride of any of the parks - it's only about 7 minutes to Epcot and DHS and probably 5 to AK. CSR is really in a very central location, being on the main drag through property. It really doesn't take long to get there - no worries!

Seasideteacher - re: taxis and car seats: From what I've read you will have to request a taxi that has a car seat in it. You can do this by either calling the taxi company yourself and requesting it or have bell services call for you.

Hi! Can someone please explain to me how the Pepper Market works? I read the sticky and the menu and am still a bit confused!

How does this work with the quick service dining plan? And can I get Mickey waffles for my daughter (only 2, so she isn't on the dining plan with us) like I could at Pop for about $5-ish?

I'm confused how they consider this "buffet style" if your still being charged for exactly whatever you grab.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi! Can someone please explain to me how the Pepper Market works? I read the sticky and the menu and am still a bit confused!

How does this work with the quick service dining plan? And can I get Mickey waffles for my daughter (only 2, so she isn't on the dining plan with us) like I could at Pop for about $5-ish?

I'm confused how they consider this "buffet style" if your still being charged for exactly whatever you grab.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pepper Market is a quick service location. For breakfast and lunch, it is a buffet - you can eat whatever and as much as you want for one QS credit (or for one price if you are not on the dining plan). They do have Mickey waffles as part of the buffet. Since your daughter is 2, you can get her whatever she wants at no charge during breakfast and lunch.

Dinner at PM is a la carte. The QS credit allows you one entree, a non-alcoholic drink and a dessert. Your daughter could share your food at dinner, or you could order something for her (but would have to pay for it at dinner).

So now that we are about 6 weeks out from our trip to WDW and CSR, I am getting conflicting opinions of the place. Our IT guy at my office said it was horrible / the assistant at my doctor's office said it's great... :confused3

I knew I would have more questions for our stay at CSR. Here goes...

1. Do I have to bring my own hangers or are they supplied?

2. Can you request a toaster for your room?

3. What staples can you buy at Panchitos? For instance, if I bring cereal or bagels from home, can I buy milk, butter, etc. at the resort? I am debating whether to bring some stuff from home or buy through Garden Grocer...

Not sure if it was overlooked, since this is a pretty busy thread, but...
What is the delivery fee for packages to the resort?

Not sure if it was overlooked, since this is a pretty busy thread, but...
What is the delivery fee for packages to the resort?

It depends on how you send it and weight. No charge if its USPS, but if its UPS or FedEx, then it depends on weight. For small (cant remember the exact weight) its $3, for medium, $5, and for large its $10. You also have to be in your room when they deliver it.

It depends on how you send it and weight. No charge if its USPS, but if its UPS or FedEx, then it depends on weight. For small (cant remember the exact weight) its $3, for medium, $5, and for large its $10. You also have to be in your room when they deliver it.

I cant send something ahead of time? I want to order something from the Disneystore, becuase I dont think they have them at the park, and to ship it to Canada is 40.00. How can you be in your room if you dont know when its going to come?

So now that we are about 6 weeks out from our trip to WDW and CSR, I am getting conflicting opinions of the place. Our IT guy at my office said it was horrible / the assistant at my doctor's office said it's great... :confused3

I knew I would have more questions for our stay at CSR. Here goes...

1. Do I have to bring my own hangers or are they supplied?

2. Can you request a toaster for your room?

3. What staples can you buy at Panchitos? For instance, if I bring cereal or bagels from home, can I buy milk, butter, etc. at the resort? I am debating whether to bring some stuff from home or buy through Garden Grocer...

They do supply several hangers, I guess it depends how many you need. They don't supply toasters to the rooms as far as I know, but there is one available for use at PM. Panchitos has milk for sure and I think they have butter as well. We have ordered from Garden Grocer the last two trip and the service was great. We eat breakfast in the room most mornings, it really speeds things up and cuts costs.

Seasideteacher - re: taxis and car seats: From what I've read you will have to request a taxi that has a car seat in it. You can do this by either calling the taxi company yourself and requesting it or have bell services call for you.

Thanks! This is very helpful info!!

I cant send something ahead of time? I want to order something from the Disneystore, becuase I dont think they have them at the park, and to ship it to Canada is 40.00. How can you be in your room if you dont know when its going to come?

Yes, you can send a package ahead of time. You just need to pick it up in the mail room near the convention center. They close though, I want to say at 6:00pm or 7:00pm...your package isn't available 24hours, so if you have a late arrival, plan on getting it the following day.

Has anyone tried Maya Grill lately? We have an adr the night we arrive at CSR. We figured Maya Grill would be very convenient, but I hope the food is decent. We have a 7:00pm adr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter