Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A coworker saw the picture of CSR on my pc desktop and said is that at Disney? I said yes, it's Coronado Springs. We are staying there in December. He said he stayed there a few years ago. I asked how it was and he said it was the best hotel he has ever stayed in. Period. I know things can change over time, but I thought that was a pretty good endorsement. :)

The PM buffet prices include a drink, right? Trying to decide on DDP or not and cant decide if we would buy the refillable mugs OOP anyway.

I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!

Have a great trip! I did take a picture of the inside of the coffee maker, but I don't think I took one of the outside when we were there a couple weeks ago.

I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!

We arrive today too!!! DH has us rolling through Jacksonville now! We are so excited!

Hope you both have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

A coworker saw the picture of CSR on my pc desktop and said is that at Disney? I said yes, it's Coronado Springs. We are staying there in December. He said he stayed there a few years ago. I asked how it was and he said it was the best hotel he has ever stayed in. Period. I know things can change over time, but I thought that was a pretty good endorsement. :)

The PM buffet prices include a drink, right? Trying to decide on DDP or not and cant decide if we would buy the refillable mugs OOP anyway.

Yes, the buffet includes a drink. :)

:banana:Just checked in!!:banana:

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time! :sad2:

We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area :thumbsup2 The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!

We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.:cool1::cool1:

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time! :sad2:

Congrats on requests met! Sweet on the upgrade!! Enjoy your stay.

We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.:cool1::cool1:

Great location! Enjoy your stay.

We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.

LOVE Cabanas 8A; have a great time.

We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area :thumbsup2 The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!

The pool is one of the best features -- it's awesome.

So glad to hear you are loving CSR. Have a great time.

We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.

We've never stayed in the Ranchos (it's the only section we've not stayed in during our nine stays), but I have walked it a number of times. My estimate (and I'm 54 years old) is that it is about a 12 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

I hope you love it half as much as we do.

Cabana 8A is our favorite spot! Enjoy! :cool1:

We love the cabanas, and our kids love the pool and slide!

Have a great time! Glad it has started off well for you! :banana:

Welcome to the CSR thread! I'd estimate 10-15 minutes depending on your walking speed and which ranchos building you are coming from.

The coffee makers are Cuisinarts. I think someone posted that they are not the same as k cups. I think they are soft pods. I don't drink coffee, so I know I am not much help.

I hope you love it half as much as we do.

So happy to see you posting on this thread again lately! :goodvibes Feel free to take over any time! ;)

In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

It's been raining most of the day. I'm watching the rain hit in the water.

Oh, yeah. it looks as if we were upgraded to waterview.

In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

:mad::mad::mad: about the rain, but :love::love::love: that you love the resort. :)

8A is our favorite spot. :) Enjoy your stay!

what room do you get if you want to be near the parking lot or food court ?

The food court is closest to casita 1 (preferred) and cabana 9B (not preferred). Preferred rooms are casitas 1, 2 and 3 and will keep you close to the food court.

The parking lot extends around the perimeter of the resort, so all rooms are reasonably close to parking.

This map may help:

buses4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter