• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying with a large group of people in July in 4 rooms at CSR. It will be my first time staying there. It's really interesting to hear all the different recommendations and experiences. I stayed for the first time at CBR last week and now I understand what everyone means by the large resorts and walking distances - HOLY BEANS! I'm a runner and love to walk but geez, some of those walks are ridiculous. And then going around the entire resort to get to a park because you make multiple stops - ouch. Well, I'm better prepared for CSR AND I am so happy we decided to do CSR for the family trip and not CBR. While I liked CBR (I went solo for a conference and wanted to stay somewhere I hadn't before), it had barely anything extra. There was the pool and the food court in the central location. I'm happy to hear that CSR has more places to eat, drink, and do things. Although I am disappointed to hear the marina has not been in service for over a year :sad2:

Anyway, just wanted to say I was excited for our stay and appreciate everyone's comments - ALL of them!!! I NEED to hear both the pros and cons - it helps me to prepare. If all is so fluffy and happy, I will be disappointed if one little thing goes wrong. Anyway, thanks everyone!

Hey again,

Quick food questions!

Is the Pepper Market now closed for dinner or does it revert back to CS at night?

The menu for kids at Cafe Rix looks limited to only three or four items - is that accurate?

Finally, pizza! Can this be delivered to the room? And do you have to pay regular price or can you use QSDP credits?

Thanks as always!

Hey again,

Quick food questions!

Is the Pepper Market now closed for dinner or does it revert back to CS at night?

The menu for kids at Cafe Rix looks limited to only three or four items - is that accurate?

Finally, pizza! Can this be delivered to the room? And do you have to pay regular price or can you use QSDP credits?

Thanks as always!

Pepper Market is the tradional non-buffet style for supper. Not sure about the kids menu our kid is 17 now and definately eats like an adult, maybe 2.:) Pizza can be delivered and I think you can use he credits.

I can't compare yet since my first CSR visit will be in September, but I was in bldg 17 at Riverside and it was about 3 building (maybe 4) from the main building. I didn't mind the walk at all because there were bunnies and chipmunks, birds and lush landscaping to look at.

I'm guessing I'll feel the same way if I'm in Ranchos. My 13 year old wants to stay in that section.

I always tell my Disney clients that if you don't have a physical limitation, then the farthest walk is still not a big problem. Disney World resorts are fun and beautiful!

I don't have a problem myself with walking (I'm a runner) but my daughter has exercise-induced asthma. I'm concerned about her walking too far in the humidity of late days.

I don't have a problem myself with walking (I'm a runner) but my daughter has exercise-induced asthma. I'm concerned about her walking too far in the humidity of late days.

You'll find the walking distances at CSR have been greatly exaggerated by most people. Really the only places that are a little farther from the food court than I would like are Ranchos 7A, 6A, and 6B. The rest of the resort I find is a 5 minute walk or less. Even Ranchos 7B is a great location. Casitas 4 is our favorite. I would probably want Ranchos 7B or any of the Cabanas if we had smaller kids who wanted to use the main pool frequently.

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking on this thread long enough to have finally read all the way through. I had kept a list of questions to ask and was able to find almost every answer over the few weeks that it took me to read. Thanks so much to KatMark for establishing this wonderful thread and to StitchandPooh’sMom for taking over and keeping it running so smoothly. Also thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge, reviews of both the positives and negatives along with keeping the excitement building. I feel like I have a general idea of the size of CSR (measured differently by different folks depending on their other WDW resort stays), the food options and the pools, including that fabulous Dig Site.
We are looking at CSR for a possible last week of August 2013 trip with 3 grandchildren who would be 15 (F), 12 (f) and 8 (m) at travel time. Our preference would be connecting rooms, Cabanas, close to Dig Site. When it is 2 adults traveling with 3 children would it be safe to assume that connecting rooms request would be honored 98-100% of the time? I wouldn’t mind paying the extra cost for one of the Jr. Suites to assure this but only 2 of those are located in the Cabanas, the other 30 or so all being in the Casitas. Does anyone know if the 2 in the Cabanas are at least the ones with queen beds rather than a king? Or does anyone know how many queen Jr. Suites might be in Casitas 5?
As you can see from my signature I’ve been spoiled by deluxe resorts in previous stays (fortunately, never at rack rate) but that is above our budget at this stage in life. Thanks for any information anyone can share regarding the Jr. Suites or the connecting rooms request.

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking on this thread long enough to have finally read all the way through. I had kept a list of questions to ask and was able to find almost every answer over the few weeks that it took me to read. Thanks so much to KatMark for establishing this wonderful thread and to StitchandPooh’sMom for taking over and keeping it running so smoothly. Also thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge, reviews of both the positives and negatives along with keeping the excitement building. I feel like I have a general idea of the size of CSR (measured differently by different folks depending on their other WDW resort stays), the food options and the pools, including that fabulous Dig Site.
We are looking at CSR for a possible last week of August 2013 trip with 3 grandchildren who would be 15 (F), 12 (f) and 8 (m) at travel time. Our preference would be connecting rooms, Cabanas, close to Dig Site. When it is 2 adults traveling with 3 children would it be safe to assume that connecting rooms request would be honored 98-100% of the time? I wouldn’t mind paying the extra cost for one of the Jr. Suites to assure this but only 2 of those are located in the Cabanas, the other 30 or so all being in the Casitas. Does anyone know if the 2 in the Cabanas are at least the ones with queen beds rather than a king? Or does anyone know how many queen Jr. Suites might be in Casitas 5?
As you can see from my signature I’ve been spoiled by deluxe resorts in previous stays (fortunately, never at rack rate) but that is above our budget at this stage in life. Thanks for any information anyone can share regarding the Jr. Suites or the connecting rooms request.

Hello

I rang CSR today and was told that most of their rooms aren't inter connecting! And also that they can't guarantee to honour the request.

Recently, of three trips where I requested interconnecting rooms, it was honoured on....... Zero occasions. They've always been next to each other, though!

Really hoping this time they'll honour our request or we could be in trouble.

Hello

I rang CSR today and was told that most of their rooms aren't inter connecting! And also that they can't guarantee to honour the request.

Recently, of three trips where I requested interconnecting rooms, it was honoured on....... Zero occasions. They've always been next to each other, though!

Really hoping this time they'll honour our request or we could be in trouble.

On those three previous occasions, was it during peak times? We're going in mid-Nov. and I'm considering changing from the Cabins to 2 connecting rooms at either CSR or POR. Not sure, I'd switch if I can't get connecting.

My DD has exercise-induced asthma as well, although she pretty much has to be running in cold or humidity to get symptoms. If your DD can handle walking in the parks, she will be fine at CSR.

I know at least one of the junior suites in the cabanas has queen beds - I requested it for our trip next month before switching to Boardwalk. Most of the junior suites are in casitas 1 and 3. There is one in cabana 8B and one in cabana 9B. Because you have five people, you will definitely be placed in a queen suite if you book the junior suite. You can request cabanas when you make your reservation.

You will hear conflicting reports about connecting rooms. Disney will try to honor the request if they can, but if they aren't available, they can't give them to you. We have requested connecting rooms twice at Beach Club - one time we got them, and one time we didn't. It just depends which rooms are available on the day you check in.

Thanks for the replies. Now, I'm really hoping that we can get by with just taking the grandson. His sisters had their turn in 2009 when he was too young. I really don't want to be in Casitas 1 or 3 and if two rooms were not connecting my husband and I would have to be in separate rooms.

Thanks for the replies. Now, I'm really hoping that we can get by with just taking the grandson. His sisters had their turn in 2009 when he was too young. I really don't want to be in Casitas 1 or 3 and if two rooms were not connecting my husband and I would have to be in separate rooms.

Do you need/want two bathrooms, or just room for five people? When we booked the junior suite, it was the same price as a standard room at Poly, which sleeps five with two queens and a daybed. The garden wing at Contemporary would probably be less, and those rooms are large.

The last week of August is typically one of the times when free dining is offered, so you might be able to take advantage of that (paying rack rate), or there might be a room discount. The junior suites at CSR generally do not have discounts associated with them, and free dining usually doesn't apply.

For comparison (August 2012 rack rates from Mousesavers.com):

Two standard rooms at CSR - $169/184 x 2 = $338 (weekday)/$368 weekend
Junior Suite at CSR - $370/400 - weekday/weekend
Standard room at Poly (sleeps five) - $405/435 (weekday/weekend)
Garden Wing at Contemporary - $315/340 (weekday/weekend)
Yacht Club- $335/360 (weekday/weekend)
Art of Animation Family Suite - $249/279 weekday/weekend (would give two bathrooms)
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - $285/300 (weekday/weekend)
OKW 1 BR villa (one bathroom, but sleeps five and has a full kitchen) - $435

Checked in yesterday and love it here! This is our 3rd moderate and by far our favorite. In Cabanas and love this location! Thanks for all the info!

On those three previous occasions, was it during peak times? We're going in mid-Nov. and I'm considering changing from the Cabins to 2 connecting rooms at either CSR or POR. Not sure, I'd switch if I can't get connecting.

Nope, I've never been during peak times. I figure maybe the request just wasn't noted :confused3

I never said anything at the hotel, as it wasn't that important. This time is though due to having 4 kids!

Checked in yesterday and love it here! This is our 3rd moderate and by far our favorite. In Cabanas and love this location! Thanks for all the info!

Glad to hear it! This is my last moderate and I'll have done them all :thumbsup2

We requested Cabanas too :goodvibes

Do you need/want two bathrooms, or just room for five people? When we booked the junior suite, it was the same price as a standard room at Poly, which sleeps five with two queens and a daybed. The garden wing at Contemporary would probably be less, and those rooms are large.

The last week of August is typically one of the times when free dining is offered, so you might be able to take advantage of that (paying rack rate), or there might be a room discount. The junior suites at CSR generally do not have discounts associated with them, and free dining usually doesn't apply.

For comparison (August 2012 rack rates from Mousesavers.com):

Two standard rooms at CSR - $169/184 x 2 = $338 (weekday)/$368 weekend
Junior Suite at CSR - $370/400 - weekday/weekend
Standard room at Poly (sleeps five) - $405/435 (weekday/weekend)
Garden Wing at Contemporary - $315/340 (weekday/weekend)
Yacht Club- $335/360 (weekday/weekend)
Art of Animation Family Suite - $249/279 weekday/weekend (would give two bathrooms)
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - $285/300 (weekday/weekend)
OKW 1 BR villa (one bathroom, but sleeps five and has a full kitchen) - $435

Thanks for consolidating all of those price comparisons for me. I have been checking the Disney site and pulling all of those up individually. The second bathroom is a pretty high priority with 4 of the 5 of us taking morning showers. Plus the Poly may be undergoing some major renovations in 2013 and I was advised it may be best to steer clear of there. I'm not yet familiar with the garden wing of the Contemporary but I've heard it can be very spread out and could be a l-o-n-g walk to the pool. Fort Wilderness Cabins only give DH & I a double bed and we are used to a king but can be happy with a queen. It's now looking like an Art of Animation suite would be the best if all 5 of us go (even if the girls think the are too old for it.) If we just take the 8 year old boy I'm heavily favoring WL.

Thanks for consolidating all of those price comparisons for me. I have been checking the Disney site and pulling all of those up individually. The second bathroom is a pretty high priority with 4 of the 5 of us taking morning showers. Plus the Poly may be undergoing some major renovations in 2013 and I was advised it may be best to steer clear of there. I'm not yet familiar with the garden wing of the Contemporary but I've heard it can be very spread out and could be a l-o-n-g walk to the pool. Fort Wilderness Cabins only give DH & I a double bed and we are used to a king but can be happy with a queen. It's now looking like an Art of Animation suite would be the best if all 5 of us go (even if the girls think the are too old for it.) If we just take the 8 year old boy I'm heavily favoring WL.

A couple of other options that give you two bathrooms and sleep five are one bedrooms at Bay Lake Tower or AKL-Kidani, but rack rate is over $500 per night. We will have five on our trip next month and wanted two bathrooms - we ended up renting points for a 2BR at BWV for less than the junior suite at CSR. But you have much less flexibility renting points than booking through Disney.

The All Star Family Suites also give you two bathrooms and would be a little less than Art of Animation, but AoA looks like it will have the better pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter