Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just back from an 11 day trip staying at CSR! We absolutely loved it and enjoyed every minute of it! We were given a room steps away from the Dig Site, and a tiny walk to the quiet pool. We loved it so much we rebooked for next August. Only issue now is we are planning to go in January, but CSR is booked solid so we are having to look at CBR or POR...

Great time and thanks for all the helpful info!!!

Glad you had a great time! For what it's worth, POFQ is our 2nd favorite resort next to the CSR....:thumbsup2

We just back from an 11 day trip staying at CSR! We absolutely loved it and enjoyed every minute of it! We were given a room steps away from the Dig Site, and a tiny walk to the quiet pool. We loved it so much we rebooked for next August. Only issue now is we are planning to go in January, but CSR is booked solid so we are having to look at CBR or POR...

Glad you had a great trip! Keep checking for CSR in January if you want it - availability changes all the time.

I'm confused. I was just on the WDW Disney Dining Plan 2011 link and I was unable to find CSR listed with all the other resorts that offer dining. It is listed in the 2010 link though. What gives?? We are booked to visit CSR with free dining in Aug 2011.

thanks
ann

I thought maybe I posted this myself!;) I'm Ann too and DD and I are also going to CSR with free dining next August! When are you going? We'll be there the 19th 'til the 26th. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be listed since we've both booked it.:confused3

CSR restaurants are not owned by Disney, so they tend to get added to the dining plan for the next year closer to the end of the year. Same with the Epcot resorts. Pepper Market and Maya Grill have been added each year, but it has been later than the Disney restaurants. They should be on the 2011 list by the end of 2010.

thanks for the reply. I thought it might be something like that.

I thought maybe I posted this myself!;) I'm Ann too and DD and I are also going to CSR with free dining next August! When are you going? We'll be there the 19th 'til the 26th. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be listed since we've both booked it.:confused3

Hello Ann. My DD's (8 and 6) and DH will be going next Aug 24 to the 30 and then off to AKL for 4 or 5 more nights. We will only be doing FD for the stay at CSR I'm hoping to get a room only discount for AKL and I figure by then I will be sick off eating so much from the DDP.

Ann:goodvibes

Haven't been around for while. Kathy, I'm so glad your DH is doing well!! That is great news!! Your trip is soon, I think?? Have an awesome time!!!

Thank you so much. He's feeling great. Yes, 11 days until we are at our favorite place in the World.

Kathy-So glad to hear that your hubby is doing well. I can't wait to meet you both in a few weeks.
I am so excited (and totally unprepared) for my trip that starts Wednesday!!!
I just finished hosting a bridal shower, so I am ready to completly focus on CSR and Disney!!!! :thumbsup2

We are looking forward to meeting you too. You leave this Wednesday? Better get going on finalizing those plans. ;)

Very glad also to hear that hubby is alright Kathy....how stressful for you but at least all turned out well. How many nights are you staying at CSR. I am thinking more like building 9b or 9a now close to quite pool in cabanas close to dig site and bus stop and el centro. What do you think. xx

We are staying four nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday). I have a PTR if anyone is interested (it's linked in my signature). I like Cabanas 9A...it's a beautiful section.

So glad that you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. I love hearing when someone else loves it like we do. If you can't get CSR in January, I'd go with POR. Although we've never stayed, we've visited often and it is a beautiful resort.

Just a shout out.
Going to CSR in 54 days. Yeah!!:cool1:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: It will be here before you know it (I can'b believe how fast our trip came up).

Congrats it will be here before you know it!

9 days for me!!!!!!!!

11 days for us. Are you stopping by one of the DIS meets?

Looking forward to our first stay at CSR in December (with free dining). Haven't read thru the entire thread but wanted to ask about the mug refill stations. Where will we be able to refill our mugs? Will it only be at the Pepper Market? or are there other locations thru-out? Thank you!!

Looking forward to our first stay at CSR in December (with free dining). Haven't read thru the entire thread but wanted to ask about the mug refill stations. Where will we be able to refill our mugs? Will it only be at the Pepper Market? or are there other locations thru-out? Thank you!!

Pepper Market if you are eating there; self-serve at Cafe Rix (the grab and go restaurant) and also at Siesta's at the pool during open hours which are, I believe, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

I just arrived home this morning after spending 10 nights at Coronado Springs. It was my first stay here, and I was very impressed. We were in building 7B over in the rancho's section, great location. Right near bus stop 4, Dig Site, a quiet pool and not too far from El Centro. It is a beautiful resort, and so quiet! The only other Disney Resort I have stayed in is Pop Century, and I couldn't get over how quiet it was in comparison. We had free dining, and ate at the Pepper Market several times, both in the restaurant and take out. The food was great, very diverse selection. The Pizza was reallllly good. The Dig Site pool was really cool, although we only had a chance to use it twice- a duck decided to join us one of those times too :rotfl: Cast Members were wonderful, bus service was good- buses were far less crowded then when I stayed over at Pop Century. Overall it was an excellent stay, room was in a quiet location and clean- would definitely stay here again :goodvibes

11 days for us. Are you stopping by one of the DIS meets?

Yes we definitely will make one of them. Saturday is the plan right now but it all depends how we are doing on time. If some reason Saturday doesn't work out we should be able to stop by Sunday.

As I mentioned last week we really enjoyed our stay and are thinking about going back for a few days next year before going on a cruise. We are possibly traveling with a group of families and one family has 3 children. Can 5 people stay at csr? Or can por only have 5 guests? I would love to stay here again but we all want to stay at the same resort.
Thanks

Hello all! We are looking forward to a stay at Coronado next year! :banana:

We are taking my mother, who has a difficult time walking long distances. She does alright, we just dont want to over-do it, you know?? The most important thing for us is to be close to a bus stop and the food court since that is what we mostly use. It appears to me that the Cabanas building 9E or 9B are the best for us to request, but i wanted the opinion of those who have been to the resort before!! Much appreciated :goodvibes

I just arrived home this morning after spending 10 nights at Coronado Springs. It was my first stay here, and I was very impressed. We were in building 7B over in the rancho's section, great location. Right near bus stop 4, Dig Site, a quiet pool and not too far from El Centro. It is a beautiful resort, and so quiet! The only other Disney Resort I have stayed in is Pop Century, and I couldn't get over how quiet it was in comparison. We had free dining, and ate at the Pepper Market several times, both in the restaurant and take out. The food was great, very diverse selection. The Pizza was reallllly good. The Dig Site pool was really cool, although we only had a chance to use it twice- a duck decided to join us one of those times too :rotfl: Cast Members were wonderful, bus service was good- buses were far less crowded then when I stayed over at Pop Century. Overall it was an excellent stay, room was in a quiet location and clean-- would definitely stay here again :goodvibes

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR and glad that you would stay again. Any pictures to post?

Just booked for August 2011!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yes we definitely will make one of them. Saturday is the plan right now but it all depends how we are doing on time. If some reason Saturday doesn't work out we should be able to stop by Sunday.

Great; we'll be there both days at 2 p.m. :)

Looks like there are quite a few of us already booked for next Aug!! :banana:

A popular month is seems. :)
As I mentioned last week we really enjoyed our stay and are thinking about going back for a few days next year before going on a cruise. We are possibly traveling with a group of families and one family has 3 children. Can 5 people stay at csr? Or can por only have 5 guests? I would love to stay here again but we all want to stay at the same resort.
Thanks

ONLY if one of the children is under the age of 3, unfortunately. The other choice is POR or the All Star Suites.

Hello all! We are looking forward to a stay at Coronado next year! :banana:

We are taking my mother, who has a difficult time walking long distances. She does alright, we just dont want to over-do it, you know?? The most important thing for us is to be close to a bus stop and the food court since that is what we mostly use. It appears to me that the Cabanas building 9E or 9B are the best for us to request, but i wanted the opinion of those who have been to the resort before!! Much appreciated :goodvibes

There is no Cabanas 9E; it is either Cabanas 9A or 9B. Either one would be good choices for you. Beginning January of 2011, you can book a preferred room if you choose as well.

Just wanted to post that I have 2 more sleeps til I am at CSR!!!:yay::yay:
I will be flying out at 6:45 Wednesday morning--not sure if Tuesday will really count as a sleep..:confused3
I plan on having many decorations up in my room so if you want to leave us a note that would be great!
Hope everyone has a great and wonderful vacation.

Just wanted to post that I have 2 more sleeps til I am at CSR!!!:yay::yay:
I will be flying out at 6:45 Wednesday morning--not sure if Tuesday will really count as a sleep..:confused3
I plan on having many decorations up in my room so if you want to leave us a note that would be great!
Hope everyone has a great and wonderful vacation.

Robin, have a safe flight! and a most magical vacation. :hug:

I just arrived home this morning after spending 10 nights at Coronado Springs. It was my first stay here, and I was very impressed. We were in building 7B over in the rancho's section, great location. Right near bus stop 4, Dig Site, a quiet pool and not too far from El Centro. It is a beautiful resort, and so quiet! The only other Disney Resort I have stayed in is Pop Century, and I couldn't get over how quiet it was in comparison. We had free dining, and ate at the Pepper Market several times, both in the restaurant and take out. The food was great, very diverse selection. The Pizza was reallllly good. The Dig Site pool was really cool, although we only had a chance to use it twice- a duck decided to join us one of those times too :rotfl: Cast Members were wonderful, bus service was good- buses were far less crowded then when I stayed over at Pop Century. Overall it was an excellent stay, room was in a quiet location and clean- would definitely stay here again :goodvibes

A few weeks ago when we visited there were two ducks. A mom and her baby. There were other baby ducks according to the guards but mom abandoned them when a few tourists touched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter