Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked our first stay at CSR. My question is should I request a certain area within CSR? My only request so far is near a bus stop. I have three children and it's difficult to walk long distances to get to a bus.

Also, are all the rooms updated? I requested a room with two queen beds (our youngest is 2 and will sleep between us).

Thank you!

Yes, all of the rooms are updated (they finished in September 2009).

There is a bus stop in each section -- Casitas, Cabanas, Ranchos and El Centro. It really comes down to what you want to be closest to. I'd go with:

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

Thank you KatMark! I appreciate all the information you put into this thread. I'm still weaving my way through the details.

This is great advice!

Thank you KatMark! I appreciate all the information you put into this thread. I'm still weaving my way through the details.

This is great advice!

My pleasure! Don't hesitate to ask any other questions...I know there is a lot of info in here. :)

we are looking for a suggestion for a request of a room location at CSR. it will be myself and DH and DS, age 10. We will be going to the parks each day and coming back for a swim in the afternoon (well, that's our plan, but it never really works out that way!). we haven't stayed at a Moderate in FOREVER, and it was the CBR, so never at CSR. this is what we are looking for:
A room that is a SHORT walk to a bus stop and the the main pool with the slide. that's it. we will go to the main building a few times, but the short walk to the bus stop and pool are the most important to us (I know, it's just a request though)

we are looking for a suggestion for a request of a room location at CSR. it will be myself and DH and DS, age 10. We will be going to the parks each day and coming back for a swim in the afternoon (well, that's our plan, but it never really works out that way!). we haven't stayed at a Moderate in FOREVER, and it was the CBR, so never at CSR. this is what we are looking for:
A room that is a SHORT walk to a bus stop and the the main pool with the slide. that's it. we will go to the main building a few times, but the short walk to the bus stop and pool are the most important to us (I know, it's just a request though)

This is same advice I gave someone earlier:

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

Thanks; I think he is sick of my company. He had me drive him over to the park where he could watch the baseball tournament going on (he would normally be umpping the tournament). :lmao::lmao:

Poor baby!:rotfl::rotfl: Glad both of you are feeling better.

Thanks; I think he is sick of my company. He had me drive him over to the park where he could watch the baseball tournament going on (he would normally be umpping the tournament). :lmao::lmao:

Now that means he's feeling better! Glad to hear it!

Joining in on this thread. We are planning on staying at CSR the first week of December. We have stayed here once before but it was waaay back in 2003. Since then we have stayed at a few other resorts, my fav being WL. However this year we are trying to cut costs so decided to go with a Mod..While I am a little nervous about staying here this thread has definitly helped with my anxity. I was not sure what to expect since they had done renovations recently. Also when we were here last time we were assigned rooms in the Rancho buildings and I felt that it was waaay far from ElCentro. I think I may request a Castia room this time. :)
Thanks for all the wonderful information.
~Farrah

:welcome: There is a ton of information on this thread. Thanks to Kathy and a few others, I think this might be the most info-filled thread on the Dis! We were just there in February and the recently rehabbed rooms are beautiful. Bus service is excellent, too. We stayed in Casitas 4, with a waterview, and it was a short walk to El Centro, a little longer to the Dig Site, and a hop, skip, and a jump to the bus stop, which was the first one picked up and the first one dropped off! :cloud9:

Will probably be staying there again this February we loved it so much, especially my picky husband.

Anyone have pictures of the suites at coronado ? what are the locations.

thank you.

I think all of the suites are in the casitas except for a couple of junior suites in the cabanas. There were some junior suite pictures posted - I'll try to track them down.

Edited to add:

Found them! Post 2798 on this thread (I haven't figured out how to link to a single post yet):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2232763&page=187

I think all of the suites are in the casitas except for a couple of junior suites in the cabanas. There were some junior suite pictures posted - I'll try to track them down.

Edited to add:

Found them! Post 2798 on this thread (I haven't figured out how to link to a single post yet):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2232763&page=187

Wow,thank you :worship:

We were wondering because we may have a group of 6 and thats what comes up on the reservations. looks like 2 rooms with one as a living room. nice leather stuff inside there LOL. Thanks again :thumbsup2

UGH I have been trying to do online check-in since last night but keep getting this message.

Thank you for your interest in My Disney Vacation. With apologies for any inconvenience, this section of Disneyworld.com is currently unavailable as we make updates. Please check back later or call 407-939-7675 for further assistance.

I want to check-in already people!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is exactly what I was looking for during my CSR stay- and we had a great location! Cabanas 9a was very close to (but not right on top of, so no noise) the main pool, and was also very close to one of the bus stops. It was extremely convenient for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter