Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to wish everyone who's getting SUPER close to their trip :goodvibes. Seems like a lot of people are getting ready to go within the next month or so. So jealous! :lmao:

Big Dig Pool: I thought that I read somewhere, that the pool at Coronado is heated. Did I dream that?

Fireworks: From which buildings can you see the fireworks? So far I have read that they can be seen somewhat from some of the Casitas. Where were YOU, when you saw them at Coronado?

TIA
All pools on property (minus the shark reef at Typhoon Lagoon) are heated. While the heater may not always be functioning (not a typical case, but just to CMA ;)), they are indeed all heated.

As far as fireworks, I could see some of the higher ones from the path between Cabanas and El Centro last year. By far not a great number of them, just a few.

1st - Do I have this right? If we eat in the pepper market, we have to pay 10% gratuity. But, if we tell them it's to go, we can eat out on one of those tables and not pay the gratuity? Never eaten at PM so don't really know how this place works. Do you get everything you want and then pay at one central location like the entry way if you're eating outside?

2nd - Have seen current mug pictures and have seen 2 different kinds. They both seem to have the same picture on a red background which is identical. But on one of the mugs it goes all the way from top to bottom and on the other it stops halfway and is white on the bottom. Are these both current and which kind does CSR sell? Or do they sell both, which would make it easy to distinguish between whose mug it is. I know they sell different colored tops, but wondering if there is enough accomodation of colors/patterns to accomodate a family of 4 to distinguish each's mug.

1st - Do I have this right? If we eat in the pepper market, we have to pay 10% gratuity. But, if we tell them it's to go, we can eat out on one of those tables and not pay the gratuity? Never eaten at PM so don't really know how this place works. Do you get everything you want and then pay at one central location like the entry way if you're eating outside?

QUOTE]

Don't remember much about the mugs, but I can answer your PM questions. First of all, we were not automatically assessed the gratuity last year when we were on the dining plan. Many people are, we weren't. :confused3 And, yes, if your order is to go you're not charged the gratuity, as you are not receving table service of any kind.

Big Dig Pool: I thought that I read somewhere, that the pool at Coronado is heated. Did I dream that?

Fireworks: From which buildings can you see the fireworks? So far I have read that they can be seen somewhat from some of the Casitas. Where were YOU, when you saw them at Coronado?

TIA

We were in Casitas 3. When I would walk out by the water I was able to see them, at least the high ones. I love CSR!

I'm arriving late at night in October and am staying at the CSR for the first time. I wanted to know if the Pepper Market is open late? Past 11? I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I land and take the bus to the airport (coming from further away this year) and one of the highlights is having my first dinner when I get there...

From the top floor of Casitas buildings there are many places along the walkways where you can see the fireworks.

hi ,we are switching from csr to the wildernes lodge and would like to enjoy the pool at csr that day, is there a shower that we can use since we'll be checked out of the room, we would like to stay at the pool till 1:00ish? any help would be appreaciated!

I'm arriving late at night in October and am staying at the CSR for the first time. I wanted to know if the Pepper Market is open late? Past 11? I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I land and take the bus to the airport (coming from further away this year) and one of the highlights is having my first dinner when I get there...

In my Disney planning journal I have written down Pepper Market is open 6:30am to 11pm. I'm sure I found this information in this thread somewhere.

hi ,we are switching from csr to the wildernes lodge and would like to enjoy the pool at csr that day, is there a shower that we can use since we'll be checked out of the room, we would like to stay at the pool till 1:00ish? any help would be appreaciated!

I do remember from our stay a couple of weeks ago that there was an open shower to rinse off next to the wading pool/ bridge over the water slide. There was actually a turtle at the base of it hanging out in a smallish pool of water at the base of the shower that attracted quite the crowd :) Maybe he was a resort hopper from another resort :)

2nd - Have seen current mug pictures and have seen 2 different kinds. They both seem to have the same picture on a red background which is identical. But on one of the mugs it goes all the way from top to bottom and on the other it stops halfway and is white on the bottom. Are these both current and which kind does CSR sell? Or do they sell both, which would make it easy to distinguish between whose mug it is. I know they sell different colored tops, but wondering if there is enough accomodation of colors/patterns to accomodate a family of 4 to distinguish each's mug.

The current mugs are the ones that have the design all the way to the bottom. The ones that are half way were sold for about a month last May but by June were replaced with the full design. There are only three colors of handles yellow, red, and black. HTH

I had read somewhere that 10% gratuity was automatically added to your bill at the Pepper Market. When we ate there in June and were on the DDP, I assumed that it was just being added to our bill. It was not! We ate there once a day for almost a week for either lunch or dinner. It was never automatically added. After our first couple of visits there we figured it out, and just started leaving a cash tip on the table.

The current mugs are the ones that have the design all the way to the bottom. The ones that are half way were sold for about a month last May but by June were replaced with the full design. There are only three colors of handles yellow, red, and black. HTH

Aaahhh! Better bring tape or stickers! With all the families of four or five, you just wished they made 2 more color tops! thanks for clearing it up!

I had read somewhere that 10% gratuity was automatically added to your bill at the Pepper Market. When we ate there in June and were on the DDP, I assumed that it was just being added to our bill. It was not! We ate there once a day for almost a week for either lunch or dinner. It was never automatically added. After our first couple of visits there we figured it out, and just started leaving a cash tip on the table.
were leaving in21 hrs. can't wait lol we wondered the same thing,get your food from the pepper market TO GO and there is no %10 added to the bill or pick up yor food at the counter next to the pepper market

were leaving in21 hrs. can't wait lol we wondered the same thing,get your food from the pepper market TO GO and there is no %10 added to the bill or pick up yor food at the counter next to the pepper market

21 hours - I'm JEALOUS! Have a great trip! :dance3:

Checking in in 16 days for a 5 night stay! Had our TA put a request in for cabanas. Cant wait to see the resort after reading all the things about it on here!

DD and I are staying at CSR in Sept. This is our first stay at anything but a value and I am excited (DD is a little disappointed about missing the poolside activities and movies at ASMu but I think the slide at CSR will win her over.)

My question is do they have the little caricature stations at CSR like they do the values? We get one of DD every year, it's a tradition we can't skip! I guess we could always get one done at the parks but it has always been much more convenient to get one at the resort. Thanks!

I don't remember seeing the caricature station at the CSR. I know definitely not by the pool, and I don't think in the loby either. You can go to the Poloy or one of the other resorts or parks that have them (I remember also seeing it at the Beach Club.

Thanks KatMark for your reply. I will give disney a call to add the request to our ressie.

Also thanks for your dedication and hard work to this thread..honestly I wasn't too happy about staying at CSR(the theming wasn't my cup of tea) when we first decided to upgrade and it was our only choice for a mod, but after reading through this thread and seeing all the great reviews from everyone i think i'm almost more excited for our Dec trip than our Sept trip LOL. The rooms just look luxurious and the beds look heavenly after a long day of park touring.

The queen beds are heavenly! I never slept better at Disney than I did last September with the new beds. :)

I hope you like it. It has a lot of great features.

We just got back from staying at CSR. It was a great stay. I was concerned that if I did online check in that I would not get my only request which was Castitas 5 or 4. I decided to get it a shot anyway and did online check in. I got my packet and keys quickly and was assigned Casitas 5. :woohoo: It was a quick walk to the dig site and they had given us a waterview room. We had booked std. The staff was courteous and friendly. We spent all our time at the pool when we were there. We took a evening stroll around the lake which was pleasant. I slept great on the queen beds. The ceiling fans in the room really make it easier for me to sleep better. We have stayed in cabanas before and liked it too. Maybe we will try Ranchos next time. I really like this resort and will stay here again!

I'm so glad that you had a great say at the CSR. Ranchos is the only section we've not stayed at in eight stays and we are hoping to get it in September.

1) Yes, if you take it to go you avoid the 10% gratuity. Yes, everyone gets their food and then heads to the exit (which is at the far left of the restaurant (right in front of the Rix Lounge) and pay there.

2) I wish they still had their own mug, but pressure had them change to the same mug as everyone else.

The Pepper Market closes at 11 p.m. as does Cafe Rix (although they may close at 10:30...I can't remember).

In the rest rooms located next to the arcade (behind Siesta's--the pool bar) by the pool, there are showers.

If I haven't missed you, have a GREAT and magical trip. :)

Checking in in 16 days for a 5 night stay! Had our TA put a request in for cabanas. Cant wait to see the resort after reading all the things about it on here!

Hope you love it half as much as we do. :)

Thanks KatMark for your reply. I will give disney a call to add the request to our ressie.

Also thanks for your dedication and hard work to this thread..honestly I wasn't too happy about staying at CSR(the theming wasn't my cup of tea) when we first decided to upgrade and it was our only choice for a mod, but after reading through this thread and seeing all the great reviews from everyone i think i'm almost more excited for our Dec trip than our Sept trip LOL. The rooms just look luxurious and the beds look heavenly after a long day of park touring.

KatMark is AWESOME!! Daisy (love your name!) you will LOVE CSR in December, it is gorgeous with the holiday decorations!

I can't wait to get to CSR after seeing the pics and reading the info on this thread. We will be at CSR in 36 (or 5 depending on your time zone) and I can't wait :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter