Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to be there at the same time as you!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Getting WAY too excited!! We're at 20 days now!! As for the humidity - we'll we're coming from Scotland so not used to the heat or the humidity - lol - but we love it anyway!!

Maybe see you there!

mo x

I am very excited as well.:hyper:

If I see a Scottish family melting in the humidity (as I am sure we'll be doing ourselves!)--I'll be sure to come on over and say hello!:)

We are marking the days off on a calendar...and I am busy buying last minute items to throw into the suitcases.

I've just created a beautiful itinerary to tack onto the fridge for my husband--so he can see (and be jealous) of where we are every day we are out there.

Now if I can get my work desk all cleaned up neat and tidy before we head out the door...I'll be set (I don't think that will ever happen!).

Counting down the days....18!:woohoo:

Hello All,

Just got back last night around 11:00. This was our first stay at CSR, and we really liked it.

We arrived via ME and checked in. I had done the on-line check in and there was no one else waiting. Our room wasn't quite ready because I had requested top floor in Casitas 4 or 5. The CM at check-in called to see how long it would be. (I did not ask him to do this. He just picked up the phone.) He said it was going to only be a few minutes.

I liked this picture of the lobby the best.

hiddenmickey-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Do you see Mickey??

We decided to take a look around, and sure enough about 10 minutes later, I got the text and we were assigned 5411. :woohoo::woohoo:

On our way to the room, look who greeted us!!:lovestruc

Allysmall.jpg
[/IMG]

Ally was very welcoming.:lovestruc

Here is the view from our room. We could even see Epcot Fireworks at night.

Viewfromroom.jpg
[/IMG]

The room was wonderful. It was immaculate and mousekeeping was great the whole time. Here is what was waiting for us one day when we returned from the park. :laughing:

Roomanimals2small.jpg
[/IMG]

We had different animal set ups each day. The only day there was an issue with the room was the day we came back for a break. Vincent (our mousekeeper) hadn't gotten to our room yet. When he got there, we were just too tired to move, so we asked him for some fresh towels. He offered to come back and apologized profusely. We told him that everything was great and not too worry.

We did eat at Pepper Market for breakfast once. We enjoyed it. Service was great, food was hot, and plentiful. We also ate at Cafe Rix 3 times for breakfast. 2 times we got our food and ate in the lounge. One other time we ate in our room. Everything was good. No problems.

All CM that we ran into were pleasant and kind. I walked around the lake one night after dark and there were plenty of people both guests and CMs. I know someone asked about walking around alone. I was not fearful at all. I even passed a security guard on foot. The girls swam in the quiet pool once and liked it. We never made it to the Dig Site pool. My girls are teenagers, and we tend to spend most of the time in the parks. I did laundry one night and actually got all of our clothes dried in the first cycle.:love:

There were 2 conventions on site when we were there. Couldn't even tell you that I noticed them except for matching shirts and lanyards.

We used Bus Stop 2 and 1 most often. Here is a pic of Bus Stop 2.

BusStopsmall.jpg
[/IMG]

Never waited very long for a bus either at the resort or the parks. DH and DD17 had to stand one time on the way back from a park. Otherwise, the buses weren't ever full. Here is a picture to make my point.

Emptybus.jpg
[/IMG]

Katmark asked for pics of the arcade. Here is what I got.

Arcade5small.jpg
[/IMG]

Arcade4small.jpg
[/IMG]

Arcade3small.jpg
[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu85/planningfanaticmom
/Arcade2small.jpg[/IMG]

Arcade1small.jpg
[/IMG]

Kat, you may use them if you would like. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do.

Overall, we had a great time and are happy that we stayed at CSR.

Will we return???

Well, Our original plan was to try all of the resorts. However, if the budget warrants another moderate stay, then, CSR it is. DH had requested that we stay closer to El Centro. So Casitas 1 or Cabanas for us next time. :yay::yay:

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to help.

Thanks so much for all the pics and review - love every one! That view was fabulous! I'd even pay for that view! ;)

Glad you had a great trip and welcome backl

OMG, how big was that gator??? :scared1: That's waaay bigger than the one I saw there in October. Actually, it could be the one I saw in October. :scratchin I saw a small-ish one, but that one looks fully grown. :scared:

No, it's not big. DH just zoomed way in with the camera. This has brought on a lot of debate in our house. DD17 and I think it was maybe 3.5 feet. DH says it was more like 5 feet. Rest assured that she was nowhere near the land.

I saw no snakes or a raccoon.

Here is the picture that didn't seem to show up in the previous post.

Arcade2small.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the review! We're fascinated with the gator photo and are hoping to see one in Sept. : )

OK Dh has changed his mind. He has decided maybe Ally was only around 3 feet.

What are we going to do with him??:confused3

We didn't let it rest until he agreed with us.:lmao::lmao:

would like any help we could get. we are heading to disney in four weeks for 5 nights at csr. I have been doing some reading on here about room requests. Do you need a preferred room booked in order to put in a request? which buildings are the best to request? It will be myself ,my wife(34) and two sons (11 and 8). Again,any information is very appreciated.

OK Dh has changed his mind. He has decided maybe Ally was only around 3 feet.

What are we going to do with him??:confused3

We didn't let it rest until he agreed with us.:lmao::lmao:

First, thank you for your AWESOME review and the GREAT pictures. I will definitely be using your arcade pics and "Ally" pic the next time I have to update (you need not do anything...I can just copy the pics from your post; if I have problems, I'll let you know).

They usually remove the gators afater they reach around 4-1/2 to 5 feet.

Thanks again. I am so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at CSR. :)

would like any help we could get. we are heading to disney in four weeks for 5 nights at csr. I have been doing some reading on here about room requests. Do you need a preferred room booked in order to put in a request? which buildings are the best to request? It will be myself ,my wife(34) and two sons (11 and 8). Again,any information is very appreciated.

The CSR does not have preferred rooms. You either pay for a standard room, a water view room or a king room. You should call now and have your request linked to your reservation; then you can fax your request four days prior to your arrival.

As for what area to request, it really depends on what you want to be close to. Here are the guidelines from the first page that might be helpful:

Room locations:

Cabanas 9B is now “Club Service” for convention guests. When there is no convention being held at the CSR, the rooms in Cabanas 9B are available to regular resort guests (however, they do not have use of the Club Level services).

For conventioneers the Casitas 1 or 3 are good locations. However, they are a longer walk to the Dig Site Pool.

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is a perfect location. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are near to bus stop #2.

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a “quieter pool” but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Building 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially from the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

Our favorites are Castias 4 and 5 -- close to quiet pool and very ndear the first bus stop picked up and dropped off (Bus Stop 2).

Planning fanatic mom: Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm even more excited about staying at CSR.

KatMark: Thanks I'll add building 1 to my request as well.

Traveling 11/28 thru 12/5. New to disboards. Wondering if anyone has advice or tips for this time of the year? Never seen Disney @ Christmas! Cant wait! Staying @ CSR for the first time.

Does anyone have a picture of a roll away bed at Coronado Springs? ...especially if it is set up in the room. I'm wondering where you would set it up. Anyone slept on one and would it be comfortable for an adult?

What type of activities are offered for the kids to do free at the resort? When we stayed at BWi in March there were pool games, kareoke.... Anything like this at CSR during the summer?

Traveling 11/28 thru 12/5. New to disboards. Wondering if anyone has advice or tips for this time of the year? Never seen Disney @ Christmas! Cant wait! Staying @ CSR for the first time.

That is the only time I have ever been to WDW. The crowds are low and the weather is perfect (except for the 1st time we went and it was down right cold). I love all the Christmas decorations and it really gets you in the Christmas spirit.

In less than a month it will be our first time to experience the summer heat in WDW.

The resort is very nice and we stayed there a while ago ,if I remember correctly, the 3rd week in december ,its a value season for the price then swings into peek season for the christmas/new year season (double check me on this) but all the christmas lights are up and it realy is a nice trip. and a great resort,book it as soon as your ready as the resort seems to fill up quick.

ITs a very nice time to go along with a great resort,just how I would do it.

All I can say is I'm very envious. We've never been at Christmas and it is one of my dreams to do this. Have a great time.

Does anyone have a picture of a roll away bed at Coronado Springs? ...especially if it is set up in the room. I'm wondering where you would set it up. Anyone slept on one and would it be comfortable for an adult?

I don't have one, I'm sorry. Hopefully someone else can post one for you.

What type of activities are offered for the kids to do free at the resort? When we stayed at BWi in March there were pool games, kareoke.... Anything like this at CSR during the summer?

It's been years since our kids were young and at CSR with us (they are both in their early 20's now). All I remember at that time is the Opening Ceremony at the Dig Site pool; I do know there is crayons/coloring book in El Centro by registration and, of course, the arcade near the pool. I don't know of any other activities. I'm sure you can ask at the desk and they can let you know.

I just wanted to add a convention that is being held @ Disney's Coronado Springs that wasn't listed on your run down.

2010 NACADA Annual Conference (Academic Advising) October 3-6, 2010
http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/annualconf/2010/index.htm

I will be attending and it will be my first stay @ Coronado. Looking forward to it!

Thank you; I've added it to our list. I hope you have a great time (you are going at a lovely time of the year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter