• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at CSR in just 1 month for the 1st time. The queen size beds sold us. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Right niw I'm trying to figure out which building(s) I should request.

We will be staying at CSR in just 1 month for the 1st time. The queen size beds sold us. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Right niw I'm trying to figure out which building(s) I should request.

Welcome; if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...lots of wonderful people here willing to help. :)

We are there in 60. I am thinking of Casitas 4 (first choice), or Casitas 5 (2nd choice), based on what I've read here.

Casitas 4 has the laundry, quiet pool, and is near that first bus stop. It seems to be an equal distance from El Centro and the Dig Site. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

We are there in 60. I am thinking of Casitas 4 (first choice), or Casitas 5 (2nd choice), based on what I've read here.

Casitas 4 has the laundry, quiet pool, and is near that first bus stop. It seems to be an equal distance from El Centro and the Dig Site. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Those are our two favorite buildings. It takes me (age 52) about five or six minutes to walk to the main building (El Centro) -- and I always stop to look for "Ally" and about seven to eight minutes to the main pool.

We stayed at CSR June 5-12. It was our first time at this resort and we LOVED it :love:. We were in Cabana 8A and it was perfect. Close to both the main and quiet pools and bus stop 4. The beds were the most comfortable I've slept in at WDW.
We didn't see "ally", but one day while at the quiet pool, a security guard was very conspicuously visually searching the bushes etc. all around, over and over again...maybe ally has a little friend?!? :rolleyes1

We stayed at CSR June 5-12. It was our first time at this resort and we LOVED it :love:. We were in Cabana 8A and it was perfect. Close to both the main and quiet pools and bus stop 4. The beds were the most comfortable I've slept in at WDW.
We didn't see "ally", but one day while at the quiet pool, a security guard was very conspicuously visually searching the bushes etc. all around, over and over again...maybe ally has a little friend?!? :rolleyes1

Thanks, Katnmouse...so glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR. I LOVE the new beds.

It could be Ally has a friend, or there was word of a raccoon siting a couple of weeks ago at the CSR.

I just booked a last minute trip for last week of Aug. staying at CRS and have never stayed in a moderate resort. I booked water view in the Cabana's near quiet pool and food..(lol) so tell me about it, after staying deluxe for more then 31 visits will I be disappointed? How late is the food court open?

I just booked a last minute trip for last week of Aug. staying at CRS and have never stayed in a moderate resort. I booked water view in the Cabana's near quiet pool and food..(lol) so tell me about it, after staying deluxe for more then 31 visits will I be disappointed? How late is the food court open?

Hi Natasha....we'll be there at the same time! Also hoping for Cabana's, close to the Dig Site.

I can only tell you that, for us, CSR has been the perfect blend of deluxe amenities and value prices. We are HUGE Pepper Market fans-we think it's the best "food court" on the property (I think it's open from 7 AM-11 PM); I'm always *stunned* when people say they didn't like it:scared1: But that's one of the things that's so incredible about Disney-something for everybody!

I think you'll find the bus service to be superior to the other resorts, but you may find the lack of alternative transportation a bit limiting. You'll really like the new queen size beds, but the smaller rooms may feel stifling. We love the outdoor walkways and room entrances, but some may prefer the interior corridors of the deluxes. So, you know how it goes if you're a Disney veteran. There will be some things you'll really like, and perhaps a few things that you like less. But who knows? You might just find that you like it as well as any other resort you've stayed at, and the price is most definitely right!!:thumbsup2

Hi Natasha....we'll be there at the same time! Also hoping for Cabana's, close to the Dig Site.

I can only tell you that, for us, CSR has been the perfect blend of deluxe amenities and value prices. We are HUGE Pepper Market fans-we think it's the best "food court" on the property (I think it's open from 7 AM-11 PM); I'm always *stunned* when people say they didn't like it:scared1: But that's one of the things that's so incredible about Disney-something for everybody!

I think you'll find the bus service to be superior to the other resorts, but you may find the lack of alternative transportation a bit limiting. You'll really like the new queen size beds, but the smaller rooms may feel stifling. We love the outdoor walkways and room entrances, but some may prefer the interior corridors of the deluxes. So, you know how it goes if you're a Disney veteran. There will be some things you'll really like, and perhaps a few things that you like less. But who knows? You might just find that you like it as well as any other resort you've stayed at, and the price is most definitely right!!:thumbsup2

thanks for that!! Yeh, I know...at 50% off I could not pass it up and splitting it with someone else! it was almost insane!!!:thumbsup2 I am totally into the quite pool, going to do parks for the late night hours! and I am looking forward to it!

Due to unforeseen household expenses (darn house!) my DH stated to me last night that it was highly doubtful we would be able to swing a trip if we stayed with our plan at CSR (even with the 40% off). With the Dream cruise next year, there's no way we will be able to do both unless we cut costs and go budget all the way, aka staying at a value, specifically Pop (with 40% off). It's just about a $300 difference, which in normal times may not seem like much (esp. for the queen beds, dig site, slide and the rest), but after figuring in all our other expenses, every dollar helps. So now I am back to square one and keeping my fingers crossed that we get a quiet location at Pop. I should be happy that I'll still get to go to Disney!

So, I'm hoping to get to CSR at some point, it just won't be this year. :0(

thanks for that!! Yeh, I know...at 50% off I could not pass it up and splitting it with someone else! it was almost insane!!!:thumbsup2 I am totally into the quite pool, going to do parks for the late night hours! and I am looking forward to it!

I agree with everything metsno1 said. We stayed at the Contemporary and the Polynesian about seven times before we moved to the CSR. We have NEVER looked back. We drive everywhere so location means nothing to us (and we personally find the monorail overrated). We preferred the Poly over the CR and the CSR, in fact, has three things the Poly doesn't -- a hot tub, three quiet pools and a fitness center/spa.

If you don't like it, you can always go back to a deluxe on your next visit, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Due to unforeseen household expenses (darn house!) my DH stated to me last night that it was highly doubtful we would be able to swing a trip if we stayed with our plan at CSR (even with the 40% off). With the Dream cruise next year, there's no way we will be able to do both unless we cut costs and go budget all the way, aka staying at a value, specifically Pop (with 40% off). It's just about a $300 difference, which in normal times may not seem like much (esp. for the queen beds, dig site, slide and the rest), but after figuring in all our other expenses, every dollar helps. So now I am back to square one and keeping my fingers crossed that we get a quiet location at Pop. I should be happy that I'll still get to go to Disney!

So, I'm hoping to get to CSR at some point, it just won't be this year. :0(

I am sorry you won't be able to get to the CSR this year. But, like you said, at least you are getting to Disney. :goodvibes You can always try CSR on another trip...it's not going anywhere.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread! We will be staying at CSR for the first time this September. I have loved reading through the posts and looking at the beautiful pictures. Hopefully we'll have some to add in a few months! My DH has looked through the pictures and he is really looking forward to this now (we have stayed at Ft. Wilderness the past few times either in our camper or at the cabins). We've planned 1 day off from the parks just to explore CSR. Thanks again!

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread! We will be staying at CSR for the first time this September. I have loved reading through the posts and looking at the beautiful pictures. Hopefully we'll have some to add in a few months! My DH has looked through the pictures and he is really looking forward to this now (we have stayed at Ft. Wilderness the past few times either in our camper or at the cabins). We've planned 1 day off from the parks just to explore CSR. Thanks again!

Welcome; thank you for joining us. I see we will miss you by two weeks. We are planning a DIS meet for the 18th or 19th. Maybe we'll catch you next time. And please do post lots of pics. I'm going to have to redo this thread (and I'm hoping I can wait until after my vacation) before it reaches the dreaded 250 pages. :)

If I'm reading the map correctly, I would want to request Casitas 2, 3, or 4 to be close to the food court and to the quiet pool. Is that correct?

I might be ther at the same time...but not sure...I'll be there from 9/4-9/12.

I might be ther at the same time...but not sure...I'll be there from 9/4-9/12.

You've been missing in action for a bit. I keep expecting you to pop over to my PTR. You are getting closer (73 days for you, 86 for me).

If I'm reading the map correctly, I would want to request Casitas 2, 3, or 4 to be close to the food court and to the quiet pool. Is that correct?

Yes; and you could add Casitas 1 to the list too. Casitas 4 is closest to the pool (fitness center/spa, laundry), but only a five minute walk to the main building. We were in a suite in Casitas 3 in 2008 and it took me less than two minutes to get to the food court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter