Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for the help and the pictures
i am going to tell her about the connecting/adjoining rooms and the suites
thanks!!

Anyone care to share what the pillows are like? I can't decide if I should pack mine or use the hotels? Also....anyone been recently than used SW Airlines for flight/DME, is CSR participating for the 'return home' part?

We went at the end of March, and the pillows were fine for us. They are fluffy, but not extremely firm. Definitely not "stackers". Depends on what you like, I suppose. Sorry, we drove, so I can't comment on the airline thing. Have a great trip!

A few ?'s about the CSR:

Can you park your vehicle in the certain area you are reserved in or only in a front lot?

Are there luggage carts in the different area's for use?

Will a lap top fit into the room safe or can the front desk hold valuables?

TIA :)

A few ?'s about the CSR:

Can you park your vehicle in the certain area you are reserved in or only in a front lot?

There is plenty of parking by all sections of your resort so you can park in the section you are assigned to (we only park upfront when checking in and if we drive from our room to the front for a quick meal before we head to the parks).

Yes, I have seen luggage carts at the various buildings we have stayed in.

I can't answer about the laptop. My DH would KILL me if I brought a computer with me on vacation. ;)

A few ?'s about the CSR:

The in-room safe was pretty small; barely big enough for my wallet, so I don't think it would hold even the smallest lap top.

Wow! There is so much information in here! Thanks to everyone who posted the great info and pics!

We just switched our October res. from POP to CSR, and got fantastic rate on a STD room, $113 per night pre tax!

I promise to read through everything in here, but I know it will take me some time! In the meantime, can anyone recommend what a good location would be to request for a really nice VIEW? We aren't overly concerned about being close to the restaurants or the pool really, closer to a bus stop would be nice, but I'd really love a great view if possible. Are courtyard (fountain) views included in the standard view? We won't be upgrading to waterview as we'd rather spend that money on other stuff.

Thanks!

Wow! There is so much information in here! Thanks to everyone who posted the great info and pics!

We just switched our October res. from POP to CSR, and got fantastic rate on a STD room, $113 per night pre tax!

I promise to read through everything in here, but I know it will take me some time! In the meantime, can anyone recommend what a good location would be to request for a really nice VIEW? We aren't overly concerned about being close to the restaurants or the pool really, closer to a bus stop would be nice, but I'd really love a great view if possible. Are courtyard (fountain) views included in the standard view? We won't be upgrading to waterview as we'd rather spend that money on other stuff.

Thanks!

Welcome, glad to have you here with us. If you aren't concerned about being close to the pool or the main building, I would personally suggest our favorites -- Casitas 4 or 5. You could get a courtyard view with a standard view, although it may not have a fountain (the fountains are considered water view). Casitas 4 and 5 are close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first one picked up and dropped off. In our eight stays at the CSR, we've paid for a water view once. Out of the other seven stays, we've been upgraded to a water view six of those times. So here's some pixiedust:pixiedust: that you might get upgraded too. :)

Hi, whats the easiest way to put a location request in? I am in England so email would be ideal? How far in advance have people done this, and is your request generally granded?

Hi, whats the easiest way to put a location request in? I am in England so email would be ideal? How far in advance have people done this, and is your request generally granded?

There is no email address. You should call and have it noted on your reservation (if you used a TA, have them have it noted on your reservation). I would also mention that you are going to be there on your honymoon! :)

We have gotten our request every time we have asked for it except once (and that was for our 25th anniversary and we were upgraded to a junior suite -- so no complaints from us).

Hi,
We find that some local businesses (dentist, estate agents etc.) will send a fax for you at a small charge. I am from lancashire so I would assume you would have some similar business who would do this.

Have a great time when you go

Hi,
We find that some local businesses (dentist, estate agents etc.) will send a fax for you at a small charge. I am from lancashire so I would assume you would have some similar business who would do this.

Have a great time when you go

Do you have places like Kinkos or UPS Stores in England? That's where we usually go since we don't have a fax either :thumbsup2

We just got back last night from our 5 night stay at CSR and let me just tell you I am in love with this place!!!!

It was absolutely gorgeous, and a terrific value in my opinion. We checked in super early, and our rooms were ready. That was a nice surprise!! Even better than that, we got Casitas 3, which worked extremely well for our family. Though it was a bit of a walk to the kiddie pool, it was close to the gym, laundry, quiet pool, and the food. The walk to the kiddie pool is quite picturesque, and it helped to tire out our preschooler, so we didn't mind.

The buses(stop#2)..never had to wait for more than 10 minutes, except one morning it seemed that they forgot to send an Epcot bus (of course this was the day we were scheduled for the Princess breakfast). But it all worked out and we were just a few minutes late. Other than that transportation was smooth from our resort. We took cabs to dinner though(cost us between $8-13 each way, but it was easier than going to park to catch a bus, and then to the resorts that we had a res. at). The Valet at CSR were really helpful at getting cabs.

The rooms were nice with comfortable beds, and the TV was a nice flat screen. Nice decor too. Housekeeping was fine. We didn't get any towel animals, but our beds were made each day and we got clean towels when needed and that was all that really mattered to us.

As far as the food, we ate at Maya grill three times. Once for dinner, twice for breakfast. We had the dining plan so price didn't matter, but if we were paying cash I would have thought it was just a little over priced. We did enjoy our meals each time though, and the service was great.:)

The grounds here were beautiful. AND we were able to see fireworks on our last night...we were standing between the Casitas building, and the Maya Grill. I'm not sure what park it was but it made our daughter happy since she really wanted to see fireworks, and it just didn't fit into our evening. Disney magic at it's best:thumbsup2

I can't wait to go back!!! It truly was our best vacation yet.

We just got back last night from our 5 night stay at CSR and let me just tell you I am in love with this place!!!!

It was absolutely gorgeous, and a terrific value in my opinion. We checked in super early, and our rooms were ready. That was a nice surprise!! Even better than that, we got Casitas 3, which worked extremely well for our family. Though it was a bit of a walk to the kiddie pool, it was close to the gym, laundry, quiet pool, and the food. The walk to the kiddie pool is quite picturesque, and it helped to tire out our preschooler, so we didn't mind.

The buses(stop#2)..never had to wait for more than 10 minutes, except one morning it seemed that they forgot to send an Epcot bus (of course this was the day we were scheduled for the Princess breakfast). But it all worked out and we were just a few minutes late. Other than that transportation was smooth from our resort. We took cabs to dinner though(cost us between $8-13 each way, but it was easier than going to park to catch a bus, and then to the resorts that we had a res. at). The Valet at CSR were really helpful at getting cabs.

The rooms were nice with comfortable beds, and the TV was a nice flat screen. Nice decor too. Housekeeping was fine. We didn't get any towel animals, but our beds were made each day and we got clean towels when needed and that was all that really mattered to us.

As far as the food, we ate at Maya grill three times. Once for dinner, twice for breakfast. We had the dining plan so price didn't matter, but if we were paying cash I would have thought it was just a little over priced. We did enjoy our meals each time though, and the service was great.:)

The grounds here were beautiful. AND we were able to see fireworks on our last night...we were standing between the Casitas building, and the Maya Grill. I'm not sure what park it was but it made our daughter happy since she really wanted to see fireworks, and it just didn't fit into our evening. Disney magic at it's best:thumbsup2

I can't wait to go back!!! It truly was our best vacation yet.

Thank you so much for your review. I am SOOOOOO happy that you enjoyed CSR and that your location and the walk to the kiddie pool helped tire your preschooler. ;)

It truly is a beautiful resort, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there. :)

Thanks!

How'd you get the room for $113 a night? I'm very interested in any way we can cut corners. Thanks!

How'd you get the room for $113 a night? I'm very interested in any way we can cut corners. Thanks!

I had a 25/30/40 PIN I think it was? It was $179 and somehow it worked out to $113/night which isn't 30% but I'll take it cuz it's more than that!!

Has anyone gotten been lucky enough to get towel animals here? My kids would go crazy if they got one during our stay.

Thanks!

Has anyone gotten been lucky enough to get towel animals here? My kids would go crazy if they got one during our stay.

Thanks!

Some trips we have, some trips we haven't. It depends on the mousekeeper and whether they know how to make them and have the time. With the cutbacks on staff, I think it is becoming less and less frequent that they are doig them. You could always leave a note and kindly ask if they could leave a little one -- it wouldn't hurt.

We had towel animals one day (out of 6). Mousekeeping also had the stuffed animals waiting anxiously in the window for our girls on another day. I was hoping for a bit more, but I know they are busy. The girls were pleased, and that's enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter