• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked Disney's online reservations site, there is a King Size Bed offer available, better hurry !!!!

Thanks for checking. :goodvibes

Our party consist of myself, my husband and our two daughters. We are traveling with my mother as well but she will have a room to herself. So since we have 4 in our party we need two beds. For whatever reason these rooms are not available. It makes me wonder what they have going on during that week since no standard rooms are available.

I wish I had tried to book this trip earlier.

Has anyone stayed at both the Wilderness Lodge (loved this one last year!!) & the Coronado Springs Resort? If so,
was the Coronado Springs a disppointment? The only reason I ask is because the WL is so compact & everything is right under one roof, but the Coronado Springs seems so beautiful & is about $1100 less than a 9 day/8 night stay at Wilderness Lodge. So anyone that has stayed at both, could you give me your opinion?:santa::santa::santa:

We've stayed at both and like CSR better. The only time that I'd choose WL over CSR is at Christmas because the decorations at WL are fantastic. Yes, WL is more compact but that's the only thing it has over CSR. The Pepper Market is soooo much better than Roaring Forks. The staff is friendlier too. It really is a personal decision but that's my opinion.

Our party consist of myself, my husband and our two daughters. We are traveling with my mother as well but she will have a room to herself. So since we have 4 in our party we need two beds. For whatever reason these rooms are not available. It makes me wonder what they have going on during that week since no standard rooms are available.

You might keep checking. The same thing happened to me and then I noticed that doubles became available, but I opted not to change. I am sure it would only take a phone call.

Has anyone stayed at both the Wilderness Lodge (loved this one last year!!) & the Coronado Springs Resort? If so,
was the Coronado Springs a disppointment? The only reason I ask is because the WL is so compact & everything is right under one roof, but the Coronado Springs seems so beautiful & is about $1100 less than a 9 day/8 night stay at Wilderness Lodge. So anyone that has stayed at both, could you give me your opinion?:santa::santa::santa:

I have stayed at both and like both. But for the money you will not be disappointed in CSR. You will be glad to have the $ in your pocket! Most of the deluxes have priced me out. There used to be some great deals on them, but I sure can't see them now. We also like the Swan and Dolphin because they have great teacher rates and are deluxe resorts in a wonderful location.

You're scaring me! We want to go that week also, and hadn't booked yet, as my DH is not sure we can do it financially, so I've been planning, but not reserving. It may be cause it's T-day week? It did show as available last time I was on the website(saving my vacations in hopes of a pin!), but I should talk to DH about booking as it will be refundable. Hope KatMark is right!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

You're scaring me! We want to go that week also, and hadn't booked yet, as my DH is not sure we can do it financially, so I've been planning, but not reserving. It may be cause it's T-day week? It did show as available last time I was on the website(saving my vacations in hopes of a pin!), but I should talk to DH about booking as it will be refundable. Hope KatMark is right!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

I just checked again and for a party of four CSR is not coming up. I keep being given CBR or Port Orleans as alternatives. I like Port Orleans so I wouldn't really mind staying there but I had my heart set on CSR.

I will just keep checking. If nothing comes up by the time I need to book I guess I will have to pick something else.

I just checked again and for a party of four CSR is not coming up. I keep being given CBR or Port Orleans as alternatives. I like Port Orleans so I wouldn't really mind staying there but I had my heart set on CSR.

I will just keep checking. If nothing comes up by the time I need to book I guess I will have to pick something else.

There's this convention:November 18 - 23, NCTE Annual Convention
You can keep trying or do a split stay.

There's this convention:November 18 - 23, NCTE Annual Convention
You can keep trying or do a split stay.

I just googled NCTE to see what it is. It is the National Council of Teachers of English. I am currently working on my Bachelors for Elementary Education so maybe I could get in this convention and then I could stay at CSR. :lmao: Probably wouldn't work. :goodvibes

Anyway, I didn't think about a split stay. That might be an idea for us. I am going to talk to my husband when he gets home. Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

I just googled NCTE to see what it is. It is the National Council of Teachers of English. I am currently working on my Bachelors for Elementary Education so maybe I could get in this convention and then I could stay at CSR. :lmao: Probably wouldn't work. :goodvibes

Anyway, I didn't think about a split stay. That might be an idea for us. I am going to talk to my husband when he gets home. Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

You're welcome. We've had to do this before and the fact that the Disney resorts move your luggage to the new resort makes it pretty painless.

You're welcome. We've had to do this before and the fact that the Disney resorts move your luggage to the new resort makes it pretty painless.

We normally do a package with tickets and dining. In order to get this should I call to make my reservation or can I do it online? We have never done a split stay before but I am sure it would work out nicely. I could do CBR in the beginning of the trip to make the kids happy and then switch to CSR later in the week to make all the adults happy. I really think this will be great solution. Just not sure how to handle making the reservation. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup2

We normally do a package with tickets and dining. In order to get this should I call to make my reservation or can I do it online? We have never done a split stay before but I am sure it would work out nicely. I could do CBR in the beginning of the trip to make the kids happy and then switch to CSR later in the week to make all the adults happy. I really think this will be great solution. Just not sure how to handle making the reservation. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup2

Yes, you can do it online:

1. Find out when CSR has dates available- it may be at the beginning of your trip.
2. Find out CBR's dates.
3. See which is better for you, and book that resort, then book the other resort.

We have stayed at both and loved both. For that much of a price difference I would go with CSR.

I thought CSR had a much better pool. Bigger, great slide and plenty of seats. The grounds were beautiful and we did not think the walks were long at all. Themes are very different but we liked both. Rooms themselves were fairly equal but we did miss having a balcony. The lack of a table with 2 chairs was kind of a pain, but not a huge deal. We are not fans of the Pepper Market and thought the counter service at WL was much better but many here are fans of PM. Kind of a love/hate place. WL has the plus of being close to MK with boats to MK/CR and FW. We loved hearing the sounds of the boats and the music and fireworks from MK. Bus service at both seemed the same to me.

Both are great resorts. I think you need to decide how much the price difference means to you.

Have a great trip!

I was between doing Nov 21st-29th, or 24th/25th to Dec 1st. For the 2nd set of dates, they're showing availability, but haven't checked the 1st set. Convention may be the reason, especially since I'd imagine it'd be well attended, if people figured they could extend their trip w/the holiday right after - just a theory. Trying to talk DH into booking something - does anyone know if you have saved vacations on Disney site, do they have a room "set aside" till expir. date, or just guarenteed price?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

There's an unofficial CSR website that lists the conventions, but for some reason the Dis isn't allowing me to post that link.

On the first or second page of this thread, there is a list of the conventions that we are aware of. These were obtained through googling, people informing us, research and a friend. It is not a conclusive list, but it has been very reliable in the past.

There's an unofficial CSR website that lists the conventions, but for some reason the Dis isn't allowing me to post that link.

On the first or second page of this thread, there is a list of the conventions that we are aware of. These were obtained through googling, people informing us, research and a friend. It is not a conclusive list, but it has been very reliable in the past.

Great, I'll check it out! Thanks!! (as always:thumbsup2)

I just googled "convention" "coronodo springs resort" and my date of travel and it pulled up the info for the organization that was scheduled to convene at CSR during the time I would be there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter