• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister, niece and I take a yearly girls trip to WDW. We have stayed at CBR in the past but thought we would try CSR this year for something new. However, like many of you, we really want cabanas or casitas because they have a more tropical/exotic look. I put a request for cabanas but who knows???
Do any of you know if CSR is as big a resort as CBR?
Is there a post anywhere telling what convention will be at CSR during the summer weeks?

My sister, niece and I take a yearly girls trip to WDW. We have stayed at CBR in the past but thought we would try CSR this year for something new. However, like many of you, we really want cabanas or casitas because they have a more tropical/exotic look. I put a request for cabanas but who knows???
Do any of you know if CSR is as big a resort as CBR?
Is there a post anywhere telling what convention will be at CSR during the summer weeks?

Its not nearly as big as CBR. We did some resort touring this past trip and checked out CBR and stayed at CSR. CBR has 7! bus stops. CSR has 4.

Oops. I meant Beach Club Resort, at the Cape May Cafe.

We had breakfast at Cape May's when we were staying at CSR this past Dec. We caught the early morning character breakfast bus to Disney Studios, then caught the boat over to the Beach Club. If you felt like walking you could also walk over to the BC from Disney Studios. We were lucky and hit it exactly right and got there way too early. We checked in and were seated almost immediately though. It was very good, by the way.

Hi all, we're staying at csr for the first time (previously FQ and POP). I am suffering from such tremendous Mommy guilt...we are coming without the kids this time. Never did that before. Hubby has a business trip so I'm joining him for a week. I don't think I'd feel so bad if we were going somewhere else...but DISNEY? As excited as I am, the guilt is killing me. Now in all fairness, I had the kids here in November for the MVMCP, and several times in the last couple years, so I try to justify our adult trip as a bit of a second honeymoon.

Can anyone share about alleviating the guilt of leaving the kids at home?

Hi all, we're staying at csr for the first time (previously FQ and POP). I am suffering from such tremendous Mommy guilt...we are coming without the kids this time. Never did that before. Hubby has a business trip so I'm joining him for a week. I don't think I'd feel so bad if we were going somewhere else...but DISNEY? As excited as I am, the guilt is killing me. Now in all fairness, I had the kids here in November for the MVMCP, and several times in the last couple years, so I try to justify our adult trip as a bit of a second honeymoon.

Can anyone share about alleviating the guilt of leaving the kids at home?

We JUST did that and got back on Saturday. We were going on a vacation by ourselves no matter what and decided on Disney. We had just been in August and are taking the kids back October 2011. I look at it this way, mom and dad need a break. You wouldn't necessarily feel as guilty if you went someplace else. I'm sure your kids aren't deprived, as you've said they've been a few times in the past year. Our lives rotate around our kids, so its nice to give your adult relationship with your DH a breath of fresh air. It also gives you a great excuse to plan another trip with your kids to help alleviate the guilt. I think I would have felt more guilty if our kids hadn't JUST been and we weren't planning on going back for a while. Not to mention you can do things you possibly couldn't do with them for something different. Do some signature dining, California Grill was AMAZING and the view for Wishes is great. Take a tour, we did Keys to the Kingdom and loved it! I hope that helps. Oh, and don't forget the gifts for the kids, that will help them get over it faster :laughing:

I have only stayed at the ASMovies the only time I had a hard time with busses was at the end of a night found oftern there were more guests wanting to go home than there were busses to pick them up. One night after Wishes If memory is right we waited about 45mins Will it likely be the same lots of people waiting to load busses going back to CSR.

At park closings we've never really had an issue with the busses at CSR (or Pop when we stayed there). Are there lots of people - yes. Will you have to wait - yes but I've never experienced a 45 minute wait. Will you have to stand - probably, unless you are at the front of the line when the bus loads. Disney seems to handle the volume of crowds leaving at the end of the day well. Maybe it has something to do with CSR and Pop not sharing buses with other resorts.

Hi!:wave2: I introduced myself a week ago or so. I have read through this whole thread and we are so excited to be headed to CSR in October! I'm REALLY hoping for free dining. The question I have is that I think I saw a link on here for the spa services that we can get at CSR. My friend and I are hoping for a massage while the guys watch the kids. I can't seem to find that link now. :confused3 Can someone help me, please?

Hi!:wave2: I introduced myself a week ago or so. I have read through this whole thread and we are so excited to be headed to CSR in October! I'm REALLY hoping for free dining. The question I have is that I think I saw a link on here for the spa services that we can get at CSR. My friend and I are hoping for a massage while the guys watch the kids. I can't seem to find that link now. :confused3 Can someone help me, please?

Here you go: http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_resort.asp

We JUST did that and got back on Saturday. We were going on a vacation by ourselves no matter what and decided on Disney. We had just been in August and are taking the kids back October 2011. I look at it this way, mom and dad need a break. You wouldn't necessarily feel as guilty if you went someplace else. I'm sure your kids aren't deprived, as you've said they've been a few times in the past year. Our lives rotate around our kids, so its nice to give your adult relationship with your DH a breath of fresh air. It also gives you a great excuse to plan another trip with your kids to help alleviate the guilt. I think I would have felt more guilty if our kids hadn't JUST been and we weren't planning on going back for a while. Not to mention you can do things you possibly couldn't do with them :blush:for something different. Do some signature dining, California Grill was AMAZING and the view for Wishes is great. Take a tour, we did Keys to the Kingdom and loved it! I hope that helps. Oh, and don't forget the gifts for the kids, that will help them get over it faster :laughing:

I guess I am an unnatural mother. I never felt guilty about anything I did without my children. We invested a lot of time and energy in them every day and took them lots of places. When it came time for some couple time, we went and enjoyed it.

Were you able to see Wishes from your seat in California Grill? Is there a view from any seat in the restaurant? That is one of the things we are thinking of doing on our trip in November.

I guess I am an unnatural mother. I never felt guilty about anything I did without my children. We invested a lot of time and energy in them every day and took them lots of places. When it came time for some couples time, we went and enjoyed it.

Were you able to see Wishes from your seat in California Grill? Is there a view from any seat in the restaurant? That is one of the things we are thinking of doing on our trip in November.

I didn't feel guilty at all about our trip, those were the things I told DH who felt guilty. I think the same as you, we invest so much into our kids that I was ok with taking a break for some me/us time. Even if it meant going to WDW without them.

We could have seen Wishes from our seat, but we chose to go out to the balcony instead. There are quite a few seats in there to be able to see Wishes from, also Illuminations. If you don't get a window seat specifically, I would just go outside. The wait staff just rolls with it, about 1/3 of the restaurant moved to the windows in the lounge and outside, its no big deal. They are so nice there its ridiculous. Our waiter spent so much time with us it seemed like we were his only table, even though we knew he had at least 2 other tables. I would highly recommend it for dining. We weren't rushed at all and he kept asking if we wanted more time to just sit and relax and enjoy or if we would like to order our next course. It was fantastic.

I didn't feel guilty at all about our trip, those were the things I told DH who felt guilty. I think the same as you, we invest so much into our kids that I was ok with taking a break for some me/us time. Even if it meant going to WDW without them.

We could have seen Wishes from our seat, but we chose to go out to the balcony instead. There are quite a few seats in there to be able to see Wishes from, also Illuminations. If you don't get a window seat specifically, I would just go outside. The wait staff just rolls with it, about 1/3 of the restaurant moved to the windows in the lounge and outside, its no big deal. They are so nice there its ridiculous. Our waiter spent so much time with us it seemed like we were his only table, even though we knew he had at least 2 other tables. I would highly recommend it for dining. We weren't rushed at all and he kept asking if we wanted more time to just sit and relax and enjoy or if we would like to order our next course. It was fantastic.

That sounds great. I think this may be where I book our dining reservation to celebrate DH's birthday.

Here is the list of what you can get as a a "snack credit" at Cafe Rix:

Biscuits
Muffins
Cookies
Banana Bread
Rice Crispy Treats
Small Gelato
Potato Chips
Pop Tarts
Juice
Milk
Bottled Water
Mixed Melon Cup
Bananas
Oranges
Apples
Assorted Candies
Yogurt
Soft Drinks
Powerade
Hot Tea
Regular Coffee
Decaf Coffee

When I send a request to CSR, what do I include in the fax? Our name obviously and date of our arrival but then do I just include our room request? Is that all I need?

When I send a request to CSR, what do I include in the fax? Our name obviously and date of our arrival but then do I just include our room request? Is that all I need?

This is what I typically type:

Dear CSR Friends:

We are so looking forward to our upcoming stay at the CSR and enjoying all aspects of the resort. We would be most grateful if we could have a room in the ________, Building ____. Thank you. Kathy and Mark Schultz

Sometimes I will add "looking forward to our eighth stay" which is what it was last time. But I try to keep it very simple and not too many requests.

Thanks for your reassurance and advice! Like you, I spend alot of
my life chasing after and keeping up with my kids lives, so I'm sure Mom and Dad having a little time away is good for them to see. I've booked Cali Grill and a few other dinners they don't normally get too excited about and I plan to bring back a Mickey Waffle Maker...which they BOTH want! I'm also planning to ride all the stuff I usually miss because I wait with my youngest! Thanks again.

So where again do we get our refillable mugs and where can we refill them? We've get 8 days to go and requested the Casita section. This thread has been a great resource! Thanks!! Tammy:thumbsup2

So where again do we get our refillable mugs and where can we refill them? We've get 8 days to go and requested the Casita section. This thread has been a great resource! Thanks!! Tammy:thumbsup2

Tammy, you can buy your refillable mugs at the Pepper Market or Cafe Rix. You can refill them at Cafe Rix yourself, or at Pepper Market or Siesta's Pool Snack Bar by the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter