Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official. Just booked our mini-stay at CSR.
February 2nd through the 4th. Congratulations!

We have a 5 year old, bus service is not important, but being close to El Centro and having a building with an elevator is important. Any suggestions? I think I read Casitas 4 or 5, but wanted to be sure. Also, since we're only about 10 days out, when would I send in my room request information? All buildings except Castias 2 have elevators. Castias 3 is REALLY close to the main building (El Centro)...less than two minutes away. However, we really prefer Casitas 4 or 5 and it is only about a five to six minute walk to the main building at a nice pace (a little longer if the five year old wants to stop and look at the bunnies, or ducks or lizards, etc. :) I would call andput in your request now so that it is noted on your reservation.

We were also able to get reservations for the character breakfast at Liberty Tree on the 4th (this was a plus, because I didn't realize they had moved it there while CP underwent renovations) and Rainforest Cafe on the 3rd for dinner (AK is open an extra 3 hours that day, which is why we planned it this way). We were unable to get anything for T-Rex, but she told us to try walking up the night of the 2nd since it's a weekday and we might get lucky.

Thank you again for this great thread. I never would have known the entire resort was remodeled and probably would be paying $150 more for AKL :)

Hope you have a wonderful stay (rest of my comments are posted in red).

I had a deluxe booked but wanted to save a few so I changed to CSR. I hope we're going to be happy there, as we're used to AKL. :(

I love the new rooms though.

I just posted on that thread. Thanks katmark. :)

We added on 2 nights to our trip so I suppose it's not too too bad.

We were unable to get anything for T-Rex, but she told us to try walking up the night of the 2nd since it's a weekday and we might get lucky.

I dont know if you tried this or not, but you might want to call T-Rex directly at 407-828-8739. Disney Dining only has limited spots available but if you call them directly you may have better luck. I know I did much better calling directly.

I dont know if you tried this or not, but you might want to call T-Rex directly at 407-828-8739. Disney Dining only has limited spots available but if you call them directly you may have better luck. I know I did much better calling directly.

Thank you! I will try this tomorrow once I get my work done that was due today LOL. I've spent way too much time planning this trip and now have to get serious or we won't have any money to enjoy the trip :rotfl:

I have 2 questions about CSR. Can you tell which quiet pool has both lighting and "water spouts?" I saw a description of one of the pools on tripadvisor and I am curious.

Our DD14 wants to stay at CSR in May. She and I had a short stay at CB last year and she really enjoyed the hammocks. I know there are some hammocks in both the Casitas and the Cabanas.

Thanks!

Just booked a king room for Easter week. Even though we have stayed many times, we have never stayed in a king room. Does each section have some? Are they in certain buildings?

KatMark
Thanks for all of this info, very informative. We are staying this May for the first time.

I did not read the whole thread - so if this was asked and answered, sorry - any information regarding internet service.

Was fortunate enough to stay at CSR last week for 3 nights for a business conference.
Second stay here, but first time attending a trade show. I'll tell you what, Disney (and WW Grainger) knows how to move and host an event!

We were in Cabanas 8123 and really really was glad that my wife and son were able to come with me and enjoy the parks while I was doing business. I almost felt guilty laying in one of the hammocks, looking at sun and palm trees while doing email in January... Almost :)

Anyway, a great resort and I loved staying here again.

Peace,
G4L

Okay, I'm stressing over a few things because my back started acting up the past two weeks. My usual acupuncture which makes the pain go away hasn't helped. We put the vacation off when it was originally scheduled in November because of my back and nerve problems. Now I've been fine but for two weeks ago :-( I don't want to put the vacation off again. I would like to know how the room chairs are? Unfortunately all it takes is for me to sit in a 'bad' chair at a restaurant for 10 minutes to totally screw up my back and it will ache for days. Sat in a metal Baskins Robbins chair for less then 10minutes a week ago, and it hurt that night and into the next day ..so... anyone with a bad back (2 herniated discs here) find that the room chairs are good and supportive? I will be bringing a travel pillow with me everywhere and I use it in restaurants actually. I saw pictures of the Pepper Market wooden chairs, and I know right away that those would kill me. If I use my pillow - probably will still kill me. I am renting an off site scooter from Walker Mobility and I might have to sit in that thing even to eat in restaurants :-( I have asked for a mattress topper and hopefully they'll put one on the bed before we arrive. So anybody with a bad back, please tell me your opinions on the beds and chairs. Thanks

That's the annoying thing with the deals. Only so many rooms are allocated per resort per deal so even if there are rooms left you may not be able to get what you want in the deal you want..

I was told by Disney that if someone cancels a room that they made with a discount code, that it is not released back to the public . . . is this true?

Is there room for personalized decorations at CSR? I mean WINDOW decorations?

Also, weigh in on which building to request----I just can not decide!!! I KNOW I would be really disapointed to end up with Ranchos (sorry Ranchos fans)...we'll have an 11 y.o so walking is not too much of a problem (in fact I am looking forward to walking all over CSR!!! Would possibly like to be close to Dig Site and El Centro and maybe Bus Stop #2---I can nto decide---what should we request? (I am going to try to request a queen room w/ maybe a water view w/o paying extra $)...there are no conventions at this time when we're going in mid-May.

BTW----I can not stop obsessing about CSR!!!!!:rotfl: I LOVE these threads.

Is there room for personalized decorations at CSR? I mean WINDOW decorations?

Also, weigh in on which building to request----I just can not decide!!! I KNOW I would be really disapointed to end up with Ranchos (sorry Ranchos fans)...we'll have an 11 y.o so walking is not too much of a problem (in fact I am looking forward to walking all over CSR!!! Would possibly like to be close to Dig Site and El Centro and maybe Bus Stop #2---I can nto decide---what should we request? (I am going to try to request a queen room w/ maybe a water view w/o paying extra $)...there are no conventions at this time when we're going in mid-May.

BTW----I can not stop obsessing about CSR!!!!!:rotfl: I LOVE these threads.

Plenty of room for window decorations. They have nice big windows in the rooms.

We've only stayed Casitas 4, but found it was close to bus stop 2 and close enough to El Centro. It was a bit of a hike to the Dig Site but was right next to the quiet pool if we really wanted a quick swim.

I know you've told me to do this several times...or at least it seems that way...and I still haven't, but you told me to call and add my room request to my reservation. Do you know what number I would call? Thanks!

I know you've told me to do this several times...or at least it seems that way...and I still haven't, but you told me to call and add my room request to my reservation. Do you know what number I would call? Thanks!

Call the same number that you called to make the reservation and ask them to add your request.:)

Okay, I'm stressing over a few things because my back started acting up the past two weeks. My usual acupuncture which makes the pain go away hasn't helped. We put the vacation off when it was originally scheduled in November because of my back and nerve problems. Now I've been fine but for two weeks ago :-( I don't want to put the vacation off again. I would like to know how the room chairs are? Unfortunately all it takes is for me to sit in a 'bad' chair at a restaurant for 10 minutes to totally screw up my back and it will ache for days. Sat in a metal Baskins Robbins chair for less then 10minutes a week ago, and it hurt that night and into the next day ..so... anyone with a bad back (2 herniated discs here) find that the room chairs are good and supportive? I will be bringing a travel pillow with me everywhere and I use it in restaurants actually. I saw pictures of the Pepper Market wooden chairs, and I know right away that those would kill me. If I use my pillow - probably will still kill me. I am renting an off site scooter from Walker Mobility and I might have to sit in that thing even to eat in restaurants :-( I have asked for a mattress topper and hopefully they'll put one on the bed before we arrive. So anybody with a bad back, please tell me your opinions on the beds and chairs. Thanks

So sorry to hear about your back! :grouphug:

The chair in the room IIRC seems to be padded well but TBH, never used it.
There are also leather ottomans although they are a bit low for seating.
Re: the Pepper Market (LOVED it!) we always got a to-go ticket & took our food outside - eating lakeside is so nice. The outside bar is there & there are tables w/ chairs, they seemed comfy enough. HTH a bit. Feel better soon!

Just booked a king room for Easter week. Even though we have stayed many times, we have never stayed in a king room. Does each section have some? Are they in certain buildings?

King rooms are scattered throughout the resort in all sections. Just FYI: if they try to put you in a King room on the top floor of Building 2. Don't let them.:rotfl::rotfl: I had a King room on the top floor of that building facing the parking lot. That building does not have an elevator and only one set of stairs go all the way up to the fourth floor (the closest ones to the quiet pool). The other stairs just go up to the third floor.:headache::rotfl: I love the resort, but hated that room location.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter