Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
After about 5 reservation changes, we have settled on CSR for 10/27-11/7, water view room. (requested Casitas, but I know it's not a guarantee.)

My question is this...I don't see any conventions listed for this time period. If a convention comes up, is there ever a situation where they would tell a non-convention person (like me) "sorry, we're going to be full, and you really have to stay at blahblahblah"? I specifically picked CSR for the queen beds, and I just have this fear (since it's a convention resort) of getting there and being told I have to stay somewhere with double beds.

Hello fellow CSR lovers. I need some help and was wondering if there is any truth into car break ins and theft in the CSR parking lots. I read trip advisor once a week and while I know the reports there must be read with an open mind, for the most part I think I can tell which reports are legit. Anyway, there was a recently posted report of yet another car broken into and items being taken. While I know this can happen at any resort, not just Disney, does anyone know if the security is not too good here :confused3 or if these car break ins seem to be just random events. Not that we leave items of value in the rental cars, but I was just curious as to what you all thought. Still so very excited about our overnight trip to CSR in May :thumbsup2

:grouphug: Hello again,
I am planning on booking a room at CSR and based on the information given earlier, I am trying to find out what a reservation at the cabana (fingers crossed)... would I book under water or standard view?

Thanks for all your help
M

All set to call to reserve our CSR trip---oh my, this place is too beautiful to pass up---so happy to have found this thread! BUT--I just read somewhere around here about complaints on bus line waits----I am confused--from what I've read, it sounds to me like CSR has the best choice in mod. bus waits and maybe of nearly ALL resorts---am I right? One poster wrote that some people waited for over an hour to get a bus so started walking over to the other stops (went to Stop #1)? Is this few realz? What is the best stop# at CSR? Also, how far is the bus stop returning from the parks? Isn't it closer than all CBR and All Values?

Also, will we be able to use our WDW GC $500 toward Pepper market and may Grille? I'd read that they are not WDW owned---but I assume we can use the GC's toward thier food, correct?

Getting so excited---juist came form Buzz2001's web site and looked athe videos---what a gorgeous place---I stayed at CBR and I think CSR will be far more beautiful and I was very satisfied at CBR!
:banana:

:grouphug: Hello again,
I am planning on booking a room at CSR and based on the information given earlier, I am trying to find out what a reservation at the cabana (fingers crossed)... would I book under water or standard view?

Thanks for all your help
M

ALL sections have Standard and Water Views.

Not sure I'd spend the extra change for a water view...but then we like to keep our curtains closed.

I recommend Cabanas 8B.

Wait about 3 days before arrival and FAX in your request. For location.

Quick question about Pepper Market. At the pizza station, do you have to order off the menu, or can you order a pizza with whatever you want on it?

Quick question about Pepper Market. At the pizza station, do you have to order off the menu, or can you order a pizza with whatever you want on it?

My boys ordered just pepperoni on theirs and that was fine. They make them to order. As long as it's a topping they serve it shouldn't be a problem.

Question about the quick service breakfast items: Do they have a yogurt parfait (like not a pre-package supermarket yogurt with granola in the lid) that has granola/raisins/fruit with the yogurt? This is what I ate for breakfast using a snack credit on our May 2008 trip when we stayed at the AKL. I'm hoping that CSR has the same thing.

Where are the junior suite rooms located? Are they in all the of the sections or just the Casasitas?

They have sausage and peppeoni only the cs said they do not have any other toppings but he could put sliced tomatos on if I wanted. The tomatos were thick and uncooked. The pizza is very good, I just took the tomatos off.:)

All set to call to reserve our CSR trip---oh my, this place is too beautiful to pass up---so happy to have found this thread! BUT--I just read somewhere around here about complaints on bus line waits----I am confused--from what I've read, it sounds to me like CSR has the best choice in mod. bus waits and maybe of nearly ALL resorts---am I right? One poster wrote that some people waited for over an hour to get a bus so started walking over to the other stops (went to Stop #1)? Is this few realz? What is the best stop# at CSR? Also, how far is the bus stop returning from the parks? Isn't it closer than all CBR and All Values?

I've stayed at CSR twice in Dec and once in Sept/Oct. Now I'm an early riser so am usually gone from the resorts before what alot of people would call 'prime time', but then again I'm that way at any resort I stay at, so always catch early buses. I go to WDW several times a year and feel that CSR has the best bus service of any resort I've ever stayed at. I've never waited more than maybe 10 minutes at the most for a bus at CSR, and usually less than that. I've never had to stand on a CSR bus either. To go to the parks the order of CSR bus stops is #2 outside Casitas 4, #3 outside the Ranchos 6A, #4 outside Cabanas 8A/B, then #1 at the main building. If you want the first bus stop, then ask to be assigned to Casitas 4 or 5. However, the first time I stayed at CSR we were in Casistas 1 and used the main bus stop (which of course was the last stop). This past Dec we were in Cabanas 9B and again used that last bus stop. We never had a problem. Again though I usually leave the resort fairly early.

As far as bus stop locations, they do change them around. When I was there this past Sept/Oct, CSR was the very first bus stop as you came out of MK. When we were there in Dec they had moved it way over to the far side and it was next to last (between the All Stars and Pop) and that first stop was not even assigned to any resort.:confused3 However the stops stayed the same at the other three parks.:confused3 At DS it was still the very first stop as you came out, at Epcot it was still the second as you came out, and at AK it was still about half way down. Now at DTD CSR bus stop was the last one coming out of the Market Place and at the Pleasure Island stop it was about half way down.

Hey everyone! I was wondering if someone could tell me if all of the rooms are renovated at this resort or do you have to make a request for one? Thanks!

Hey everyone! I was wondering if someone could tell me if all of the rooms are renovated at this resort or do you have to make a request for one? Thanks!

The entire resort was renovated over a year period -- October 2008 - October 2009. They were ALL completed in September of 2009 so no need to ask for a "renovated" room.

Where are the junior suite rooms located? Are they in all the of the sections or just the Casasitas?

To my knowledge, the majority of the Junior Suites are located in the Casitas and there is one in the Cabanas. The other suites (VIP & Executive) are located solely in the Casitas.

Hi all,
Quick question - sorry if it has been asked and answered before - but my youngest son has just told me that he doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as his brother, so does anyone know if we can request a blow up/roll out bed or something like that he can use please.

Thanks.

I've only gotten through the 1st 17 pages of this thread & learned a wealth of information!

Couple of questions:

1) Can you hook a DVD player in to the TV's at CSR to watch your own movies? We just stayed at a Hampton Inn in AL and they had this feature blocked for "security" (i.e. so we'd would pay for their PPV movies)

2) We're going Apr 30-May 8 . . . anyone know what this crowd level will be like compared to late Sept. Our last trip was Sept '08 & we didn't wait more than 5 minutes to ride ANYTHING (we did rope drop every day & followed the Tour Guide Mike plans) so hoping for the same experience.

3) We're using Wednesday as our "rest / pool day" . . . DK's are 6 & 4 . . . should we go to Boma or T-Rex for dinner? We're more in to good food than atmosphere . . . except when it comes to character meals.

Hi all,
Quick question - sorry if it has been asked and answered before - but my youngest son has just told me that he doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as his brother, so does anyone know if we can request a blow up/roll out bed or something like that he can use please.

Thanks.

Yes, you can get a cot. I think it's $25-$30.

I've only gotten through the 1st 17 pages of this thread & learned a wealth of information!

Couple of questions:

1) Can you hook a DVD player in to the TV's at CSR to watch your own movies? We just stayed at a Hampton Inn in AL and they had this feature blocked for "security" (i.e. so we'd would pay for their PPV movies) I don't know....I've not personally tried, but I do believe I read a couple of times when someone has done that.

2) We're going Apr 30-May 8 . . . anyone know what this crowd level will be like compared to late Sept. Our last trip was Sept '08 & we didn't wait more than 5 minutes to ride ANYTHING (we did rope drop every day & followed the Tour Guide Mike plans) so hoping for the same experience. We've not been in April since my DH turned 50 which was seven years ago; I remember the crowds being relatively light; I also remember I had to buy a sweatshirt and wear it the first two days because it was unseasonably cool. :-)

3) We're using Wednesday as our "rest / pool day" . . . DK's are 6 & 4 . . . should we go to Boma or T-Rex for dinner? We're more in to good food than atmosphere . . . except when it comes to character meals.
I've never eaten at either; I have a good friend who has excellent taste in food and she hated Boma for dinner so we've stayed away as I'm not big on spices, etc. (did love their breakfast though) and without little kids we've not done T-Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter