Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there connecting rooms at CSR? You know, the kind that has 2 rooms with 2 doors in between, 1 for each side to open? In March we're going to CSR just the 2 of us :lovestruc but when we go back in October 2011 we'll be with the 3 kids and want to stay in a place with connecting rooms so we can be in one room and they can be in another. Together, but separate...

Is there connecting rooms at CSR? You know, the kind that has 2 rooms with 2 doors in between, 1 for each side to open? In March we're going to CSR just the 2 of us :lovestruc but when we go back in October 2011 we'll be with the 3 kids and want to stay in a place with connecting rooms so we can be in one room and they can be in another. Together, but separate...:lovestruc

Yes, CSR has connecting rooms. They are generally not guaranteed but can be requested. Families with more kids than adults generally report very good success getting connecting rooms, though. Some people have posted that their reservation stated guaranteed connecting rooms if they had more kids than adults, but I'm not sure that is always the case. Be sure to specify connecting instead of adjoining if you want a door that opens between the two rooms.

One quick question, laundry rooms, where and do you need coins?

Thanks

The laundry is located near the quiet pool in each section. Last time I used them, you did need coins. Seems like I read a post of someone using their room key, but I can't remember if it was at CSR or somewhere else. Hope someone else can answer that for you.

The laundry is located near the quiet pool in each section. Last time I used them, you did need coins. Seems like I read a post of someone using their room key, but I can't remember if it was at CSR or somewhere else. Hope someone else can answer that for you.

When I was there at the end of October you had to use coins, but there are coin machines in the laundry room.

Hi, we just got back from CSR (well we got back on friday I'm a little behind) and the tip was NOT INCLUDED with the dinning plan. They made it VERY clear to us that with the dinning plan you had to pay it yourself. I don't mind tipping (I was a server for years so I know what it's like) but they really beat it into your head, I guess they must get stiffed a lot.

Hello all and thank you to LaurieN for confirming that the tip is NOT included on the DDP anymore, seems a shame that they have changed the way that the Pepper Market works. We enjoyed eating there in 2008 and are looking forward to eating there again in August 2010. Let's hope that the CSR restaurants are the QSDP/DDP anyway, as this has not been confirmed yet.

Anyway, if we do not want to actually eat in the Peeper Market, can I ask how you arrange to have your Food-To-Go please. Do you just tell the server that meets you at the front of the Pepper Market or do you need to do something else? How do you get your food boxes that enable you to take the food outside?

Thanks.

We had a bit of a disapointment, did have confirmed King Water View room for Dec 3-7 at AP rate, ended up with queen room and parking lot view, however that's not want I want to discuss.
It is certainly nice to have a queen beds but the room was designed for a king or 2 doubles. We found that the person sleeping on the side by the wall essentially got out of bed into the wall. Not anything really bad but I would not want to be startled out of sleep and jump up into the wall. I guess the space is about 14 inches. The other bed, closest to door, has a similar problem with about 3 feet of wall extending out.
The lcd tv is nice and the desk space is adequate. I know it changed a bit but haven't stayed at CSR in about 8 years so I dont remember what the set-up was.
We were in Rancho's 7A, right across from Bus stop #3 which was nice when we used the bus. Pretty quiet location.

Anyway, if we do not want to actually eat in the Peeper Market, can I ask how you arrange to have your Food-To-Go please. Do you just tell the server that meets you at the front of the Pepper Market or do you need to do something else? How do you get your food boxes that enable you to take the food outside?

Thanks.

When you go to the podium in the Pepper Market say you want it to go. They will give you a card stamped "To Go". When you go to the various food stations they will see it is to go and give you your food in a foam container. You can even get a bag to carry your containers in if you have more than a couple. We've only ever eaten in PM once, all other times we just got it to go and either sat outside where there are lots of tables or took it back to the room.

Is there connecting rooms at CSR? You know, the kind that has 2 rooms with 2 doors in between, 1 for each side to open? In March we're going to CSR just the 2 of us :lovestruc but when we go back in October 2011 we'll be with the 3 kids and want to stay in a place with connecting rooms so we can be in one room and they can be in another. Together, but separate...

Yes, there are connecting rooms - 4201 and 4202 connect (with the door inside the room). they can be guaranteed. We just returned from the CSR (12/1-12/5) and when we made the reservation, we needed to book two rooms because it was me and my husband and 4 children. I was on one room reservation with 2 kids and my husband was on the other with 2 kids. The CM at CRO put on our reservation that the two rooms were "guaranteed connecting". When I did the on-line check-in, it also stated in the requests section... "connecting rooms guaranteed". Sure enough, when we checked in, we were assigned rooms 4201 and 4202 - connecting rooms. It was great and very helpful with the kids. We were part of a grand gathering and asked to be near my parent's room. That request was noted but I was told that it could not be guaranteed... we lucked out and were next door to them anyways.

jen

Two more days of work....... :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

And on the third we are checking into Coronado Springs!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Can't Wait!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

And on the third we are checking into Coronado Springs!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is my last night at work.:cool1: I've got a few last minute things to finish up tomorrow (take my larger dog to vet, buy a few groceries for house sitter, shampoo carpet, call home security company to tell them we're going to be out of town and give them house sitter's cell number, etc). Then we are up on Saturday morning to get to the airport. We'll be at MCO around 11:00am ET and hopefully checking into CSR by lunch.:cool1:

My boyfriend and I are staying here this weekend and we MUST see the Kentucky Wildcats vs. Indiana basketball game on Saturday at 12pm (Go big blue!)

We know the game is going to be broadcast on the local CBS station, but were wondering if there is a good sports atmosphere place at CSR to watch the game rather than just watching it in our room.

We are planning on spending the rest of the day at Hollywood Studios; so if there isn't a place at CSR, maybe somewhere there or at one of the resorts within walking distance to HS ?

Another question....

Does anyone know if the virgin daiquiris served at breakfast at the Pepper Market are included in the dining plan, like as the juice option?

Also, do you get a juice AND another beverage, such as a soft drink or coffee, as part of the counter service breakfast with the dining plan?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Told you it would be here before you knew it. :thumbsup2

This is my last night at work.:cool1: I've got a few last minute things to finish up tomorrow (take my larger dog to vet, buy a few groceries for house sitter, shampoo carpet, call home security company to tell them we're going to be out of town and give them house sitter's cell number, etc). Then we are up on Saturday morning to get to the airport. We'll be at MCO around 11:00am ET and hopefully checking into CSR by lunch.:cool1:

Aubriee, I hope you have a wonderful time at the CSR again. I'll be anxious to hear from you when you return.

My boyfriend and I are staying here this weekend and we MUST see the Kentucky Wildcats vs. Indiana basketball game on Saturday at 12pm (Go big blue!)

We know the game is going to be broadcast on the local CBS station, but were wondering if there is a good sports atmosphere place at CSR to watch the game rather than just watching it in our room.

We are planning on spending the rest of the day at Hollywood Studios; so if there isn't a place at CSR, maybe somewhere there or at one of the resorts within walking distance to HS ?

The bar at the pool has a television and they might have the game on or you could ask them to put it on.

Another question....

Does anyone know if the virgin daiquiris served at breakfast at the Pepper Market are included in the dining plan, like as the juice option?

Also, do you get a juice AND another beverage, such as a soft drink or coffee, as part of the counter service breakfast with the dining plan?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

I doubt the "virgin daquiris" are included, but no harm in asking. Yes, you get juice and another beverage for breakfast.

As a Purdue fan, I hope both IU and UK lose :rotfl2:(not sure how that would work, but I can always dream :rotfl:).

I am sure the game will be on at The ESPNZone on the Boardwalk. Then you can take a boat to DHS. It takes about 10 minutes to get there from the Boardwalk. :wizard:

Good Luck, I love the atmosphere at the Zone!!! We always eat there once during our trip. Tried to eat on a Sunday once and waited for 3 hours for a seat!!! But it was well worth it.

Dan

See you on Sunday, we land by 10AM at MCO and check in before noon!! :woohoo:

We will staying at CSR in June. Can't wait.
One question, Has anyone tried room service, especially breakfast?

As a Purdue fan, I hope both IU and UK lose :rotfl2:(not sure how that would work, but I can always dream :rotfl:).

I am sure the game will be on at The ESPNZone on the Boardwalk. Then you can take a boat to DHS. It takes about 10 minutes to get there from the Boardwalk. :wizard:

Good Luck, I love the atmosphere at the Zone!!! We always eat there once during our trip. Tried to eat on a Sunday once and waited for 3 hours for a seat!!! But it was well worth it.

Dan

See you on Sunday, we land by 10AM at MCO and check in before noon!! :woohoo:

Dream on Dan, Dream on ;)

Thanks for the tip! This is exactly what we are going to do :) I totally forgot you can take a boat from HS to the Boardwalk. Perfect, if we can get a seat!

By the way, we are here at CSR right now is Casitas 5 and loving it! Did Epcot EMH and Biergarten last night which was so much fun. Now off to Pepper Market for breakfast and then HS, ESPN Zone, Osborne Lights then back here for Maya Grill!!

We have also decided after much late night debate last night, to try to book a trip at the Yacht Club for September with the current 40% off deluxe bounceback offer. My boyfriend has always wanted to stay there, so we're going to give it a try!

:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter