Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person you talked to was NOT actually at the CSR and also had no idea what they were talking about. There are NO preferred rooms at the CSR. I would call again and ask that you would like it put on your reservation that you would like to be in the Casitas--3, 4 or 5 (as described in my response above). I would then fax it four days before you arrive and explain about your ankle and that you'd like a room in the Casitas.

Thanks thats what I thought.
I told her I didn't think there were preferred rooms and she said all of Casitas and all rooms close to the main building are preferred. According to her logic, then, only Ranchos would be standard? Oh no- only the Ranchos rooms not facing water :laughing:

I said I didn't think that's right, so she said that she will go ahead and put the request on as "guest has trouble walking", but that they probably wouldn't grant it because I didn't pay for it. Sheesh, lol.
I'll call back and just make sure the request is on there- regardless of if the person who put it there wanted to do it!! haha

Ok after FINALLY reading this thread over several days...I'm still baffled..lol..I requested a location near a quiet pool...not concerned about bus stops or the dig location...just some place the girls can soak up the sun and fun in a pool...Where should I have asked to be close to?

Ok after FINALLY reading this thread over several days...I'm still baffled..lol..I requested a location near a quiet pool...not concerned about bus stops or the dig location...just some place the girls can soak up the sun and fun in a pool...Where should I have asked to be close to?

Casitas 4 -- right by the Casitas quiet pool and the fitness center/spa. :)

Just got back from a great trip!!! Stayed in Ranchos 6B, directly across from the quiet pool and laundry, (which was great after dd spilled hot chocolate all over herself, lol), short walk to bus stop 3 (the second stop) and dig site pool! kids dd5 and ds10 had a great time and both loved the resort! Would definitely stay here again! Loved it! Thanks everyone for all the great tips!!!

Just got back from a great trip!!! Stayed in Ranchos 6B, directly across from the quiet pool and laundry, (which was great after dd spilled hot chocolate all over herself, lol), short walk to bus stop 3 (the second stop) and dig site pool! kids dd5 and ds10 had a great time and both loved the resort! Would definitely stay here again! Loved it! Thanks everyone for all the great tips!!!

Glad you had a great time and that the kids loved the resort too. :)

It's after midnight here in Colorado so I can officially say "We are going to Disney World tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
:cool1: :santa: :cool1::santa::cool1::santa::cool1::santa::cool1:

Hi everyone I have another question-
I am arriving next week and just sprained my ankle pretty bad. I called and asked if I could request to be near the main building, and they told me I couldn't because I've only paid for a standard room.
So I asked if I could then request to be close to a bus stop at least, and hopefully in Casitas (but at least near a bus stop).

She told me no- because the ENTIRE section of Casitas is preferred? I've never seen this before, I thought it was just standard versus water view. Any input, should I call back?? I obsessively read most of this thread a few months ago, but haven't checked back in a few weeks....I'm pretty sure that's not correct.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your ankle, and right before a trip too!

I would suggest renting a scooter for your trip if you can afford it. The companny we used delivered it to the resort as well as picked it up. It was a life saver for my wife's knees (no cartlige)

It's after midnight here in Colorado so I can officially say "We are going to Disney World tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Have fun!!!

disney-3.gif
disney-3.gif

Sorry to hear about your ankle, and right before a trip too!

I would suggest renting a scooter for your trip if you can afford it. The companny we used delivered it to the resort as well as picked it up. It was a life saver for my wife's knees (no cartlige)

Thanks! I've got about 10 days so hopefully it heals some in that time...I would have thought it was broken because I still can't put any pressure on it. If its not better by then, we'll have to do something along those lines
But, hobbling around Disney is better than sitting at home!

:banana::cheer2::dance3::yay:

We are staying at CSR for the first time February 9 - 15, 2010. We have never stayed here before. Our previous stays have been at POR. This thread has been amazing! However, I am still slightly confused about which building to request.
We are a family of four with a 8 and 5 year old. We would like to be close to a bus stop and to the main building if possible. Proximity to the main pool is secondary as the weather in Feb could be unpredictable so we are not expecting to be at the pool every day.

When I made the reservation, the agent suggessted Cabanas 9A or 9B but then I read posts on other sites where some folks have said by the time the bus made it to Bus Stop #1, all seats were taken.

Now I am wondering if I should consider one of the Casitas buildings? Any advise would defintiely be appreciated.

I posted the above looking for some help regarding which building I should request. I did get one response (thank you!), but they were unable to give me any guidance regarding specific building info for Casitas. Also, the reason I am concerned about the buses is we will be there over President's Day Weekend, so I am thinking it will be very crowded. Any guidance would be appreciated!! :cheer2:

I posted the above looking for some help regarding which building I should request. I did get one response (thank you!), but they were unable to give me any guidance regarding specific building info for Casitas. Also, the reason I am concerned about the buses is we will be there over President's Day Weekend, so I am thinking it will be very crowded. Any guidance would be appreciated!! :cheer2:

Depending on the crowds at the resorts, you might stand if you are picked up at the last bus stop. However, this is very rare (although it could happen going back to the resort). If you want to be sure you get a seat, then request Casitas 3, 4 or 5--all relatively close to the first bus stop which is Bus Stop #2 (the first stop picked up and the first stop dropped off). This is our favorite section. We did stay in Cabanas 9A this past September and took the bus for the very first time (we rent a car and drive everywhere) so that I could say I had first hand experience with the buses. We walked to Bus Stop 1 which is near Cabanas 9A and El Centro and the last stop picked up and dropped off. We waited exactly five minutes for a bus to the MK, we got a seat, along with the other five or six people waiting, and it took us exactly 10 minutes to get to the MK; coming back, we waited less than a minute for a bus and again we had a seat and again it was a 10 minute ride.

thank you for the building advice!

My next question is about the dining plan. When I called to make my reservations, the agent told me that CSR was not participating in the 2010 Dining Plan. Weh I asked why she said it was because they didn't get their paperwork for 2010 turned in yet. She said they would most likely be participating but to check back. This doesn't make sense to me because why wouldn't a Disney property participate?! Have you ever heard this happen before?

thank you for the building advice!

My next question is about the dining plan. When I called to make my reservations, the agent told me that CSR was not participating in the 2010 Dining Plan. Weh I asked why she said it was because they didn't get their paperwork for 2010 turned in yet. She said they would most likely be participating but to check back. This doesn't make sense to me because why wouldn't a Disney property participate?! Have you ever heard this happen before?

Because the restaurants at the Coronado are NOT OWNED by Disney, but by an outside vendor (like Yak & Yeti and other restaurants). They are always the last ones to sign the contracts and usually this is not done until the end of the year. Every year they say they aren't resigning and every year they do.

I'm going to post this here and then I'll do a separate thread when I get closer to "start" time. I'm going to be updating the "Unofficial CSR FAQ Thread" as we are approaching our "page limit." I'm going to ask that everyone refrain from posting to the new thread until I indicate that the first couple of important pages are done.

If there is any info you want me to include in the new FAQ's, please let me know here.

Thanks.

I'm going to post this here and then I'll do a separate thread when I get closer to "start" time. I'm going to be updating the "Unofficial CSR FAQ Thread" as we are approaching our "page limit." I'm going to ask that everyone refrain from posting to the new thread until I indicate that the first couple of important pages are done.

If there is any info you want me to include in the new FAQ's, please let me know here.

Thanks.

pictures of handicapp accessible rooms with dimensions and pictures would be a great addition for those with differing abilities.

Rix lounge info and pictures as well!

Anyone staying at a handicapp accessible room at the CSR in the next couple of weeks, please take pictures so we can have accurate pictures for those interested.

And also if anyone goes to the Rix Lounge...could use some pictures from inside there as well.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter