Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to posting on the Dis boards so bear with me. I have a question about making reservations at CSR. We are planning on going to WDW in January 2010 and already have reservations at Port Orleans. However, we want to stay at CSR. I have been trying for months to make reservations, but I keep getting told that there are no rooms available yet to the public/non convention goers. My question: When does CSR release rooms to non-conventioners? I read that some people already have rooms for CSR in January. How did you get that? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Welcome to the DIS!
All WDW resort rooms are available to book at the same time. However, it being a convention resort, large groups reserve blocks of rooms and then add their conventioneers up until a prescribed date before the convention. When that date arrives, their remaining rooms will go back into the general inventory.
There have been a lot of promotions already which include many dates in January. There is also a holiday weekend as well as the Disney marathon weekend. While WDW won't be crowded, it makes those already fewer rooms at CSR dwindle when promotions cause them to book up. Keep trying, especially as you get to the 45 days prior to your arrival date. That is a good time for cancellations, though I am unsure about when convention room blocks return to general inventory.
Another tip - if your dates are flexible, try playing with arriving or departing a different day. Or try different lengths of stay. Sometimes a room will magically appear!

If you have not stayed at PO, don't despair. It is our favorite resort. You will love it!

TexasRN.... welcome to the DIS!!:goodvibes
I agree with previous poster.
I've always been told to check at the 45 and 30 day mark. This is typical of when non-booked convention rooms will drop back into the system.
Also, a lot of packages have the 45 day cancellation policy so those people wait till then to change/cancel.

We LOVE CSR and we've gotten rooms there as close as the 30 day mark.

Keep trying! and good luck!!!:goodvibes

Another Chicagian here. The winters here do suck! But loving this 70 degree weather here today and tomorrow KatMark! We stayed at CSR last christmas too. I will look thru my pics and see if I took any of the resort. If you make a check list I will take a picture of everything you want. We will be there in the heart of xmas season this year!

I am loving this weather...I wish it would stay like this through the winter. Thanks, NeverBeen...any pictures you want to post would be great, but we Christmas ones and Gift Shop and Pepper Market pics are the ones we really need to add to the unofficial thread.

Thanks for the welcome back Kathy! :) I am pretty sure I will be booking CSR, it seems to have all the things we will need this trip. It is just my son and I, so it will be scaled down a little bit. CSR always intrigued me and I think this trip will be the perfect time to try this resort. I am hoping for Cabana 9B, 8B or 8A. I'll let you know when I book :) A quick ?... Would you pay the extra $200.00 to secure a waterview? or should I just take my chances.
Thanks for your help and wonderful advice!!

No, I do not think it is worth $200 to pay for a waterview. We paid once out of our eight stays; six of the remaining seven we were upgraded to a waterview. You really aren't in the room that much, and you could get a sliver of a corner of a fountain or a pool and to me it is just not worth it.

What is wrong with the dryer? If the dryer is still spinning but the clothes are still wet it could be the heating element. For about $50 you can replace it yourself. It will take about 10-15 minutes. :laundy:

Nope...no spinning, nothing. The motor went out. Bought a new one yesterday--big sale at Best Buy--for $425 (free delivery and hook up).

TexasRN, I don't know when you are planning on visiting in January, but I know that my Team in Training chapter will be staying at CSR from 7-11. Since this is one of the biggest events nationally for TNT my guess is that there is a large hold for that weekend for a little while longer.

Welcome to the DIS!
All WDW resort rooms are available to book at the same time. However, it being a convention resort, large groups reserve blocks of rooms and then add their conventioneers up until a prescribed date before the convention. When that date arrives, their remaining rooms will go back into the general inventory.
There have been a lot of promotions already which include many dates in January. There is also a holiday weekend as well as the Disney marathon weekend. While WDW won't be crowded, it makes those already fewer rooms at CSR dwindle when promotions cause them to book up. Keep trying, especially as you get to the 45 days prior to your arrival date. That is a good time for cancellations, though I am unsure about when convention room blocks return to general inventory.
Another tip - if your dates are flexible, try playing with arriving or departing a different day. Or try different lengths of stay. Sometimes a room will magically appear!

If you have not stayed at PO, don't despair. It is our favorite resort. You will love it!

Thanks y'all for the info. I will keep trying for CSR reservations. I am about 71 days till the trip. Plans are for Jan. 17-Jan.24. So, you're right with the holiday and conventioners; I'll just have to wait it out. I still have some time to change. Thanks again.

We leave next Saturday and tried to get another room today. They told us they were totally booked!! Does this mean it will be really crowded? :confused3

We stayed here in Sept 2007 and loved it. No crowds, rarely any bus waits....it was perfect. I was kind of hoping that with kids still in school before the holidays that between the 13th - 22nd would be a good week to go!

Yikes!

leaving in 5 days....Friday night....:
yay:

if it's booked...it will be crowded! but don't forget there are also conventions on...that could affect the crowds at the bus stops etc. :O) I am going on Thursday. See you there

I'm getting so excited!!! We leave on Wednesday for 12 days at CSR!! We faxed our room requests yesterday. I can't believe it's almost here. Thanks for the great thread. Reading so many great things was a big factor in our decision to stay here.

How cool is that?! :goodvibes We stayed in the Cabanas last time and loved it there. The resort is so quiet and nice. We will be traveling with our two boys 8 & 11, Nana & an aunt. They said there weren't any conventions going on. We just wanted an extra room so the boys would have their own - we have 2 rooms now. I hope the girl was wrong. My DH is back on the phone with them now trying to see what exactly is going on.

Have safe travels....see you in sunny Florida!
:cool1:

How cool is that?! :goodvibes We stayed in the Cabanas last time and loved it there. The resort is so quiet and nice. We will be traveling with our two boys 8 & 11, Nana & an aunt. They said there weren't any conventions going on. We just wanted an extra room so the boys would have their own - we have 2 rooms now. I hope the girl was wrong. My DH is back on the phone with them now trying to see what exactly is going on.

Have safe travels....see you in sunny Florida!
:cool1:

These are the conventions that are scheduled to be at the CSR over the next four weeks:

Nov 8 - 11, Elliot Masie's Learning 2009
Nov 16 - 18, Marine Dealer Conference & Expo
Nov 30 - Dec 3, 28th Annual Disney World Anesthesia Meeting

These are the conventions that are scheduled to be at the CSR over the next four weeks:

Nov 8 - 11, Elliot Masie's Learning 2009
Nov 16 - 18, Marine Dealer Conference & Expo
Nov 30 - Dec 3, 28th Annual Disney World Anesthesia Meeting

Thanks KatMark!
OK...we got another room. The only convention going on is the Marine one and that is only 3 days of our 10 day stay. It must not be a big one. I don't know what was up with the first girl he spoke to. Even on-line it shows availability. I am soooooooo excited....can't wait to get there and see the renovated rooms.

Anyone have any idea which secton was renovated last?

Thanks KatMark!
OK...we got another room. The only convention going on is the Marine one and that is only 3 days of our 10 day stay. It must not be a big one. I don't know what was up with the first girl he spoke to. Even on-line it shows availability. I am soooooooo excited....can't wait to get there and see the renovated rooms.

Anyone have any idea which secton was renovated last?

Casitas 1 and 2 were last if my memory serves me correctly.

lovely photos!!! i am glad you had a great trip. we leave for ours next thursday. !!!

Thanks, I hope you have a great trip too!

Wonderful pictures. Thank you for posting. This will our first stay at CSR.

Glad to be able to do it. Enjoy your first stay there.

I will post them in my TR. You can freely use any pics I post. I only hope any photo I take will persuade someone to stay there. Your CSR FAQ helped us decide to stay here and hope we have as good a time as SaskDisNut and his family did.

Until next time!! :wave2::wave2::wave2:

Dan P

Dan, we certainly had a great time and staying at CSR made it all the more enjoyable. I really feel like I'm on vacation when we stay there. After a full day at a park, it is so nice to come back to this beautiful and relaxing resort to finish off the day. And fall asleep on those comfy beds. :faint:

I like what you said about posting a review so some else might stay there. If mine review does that, then great. That's what the DIS is all about - sharing our enthusiasm about Disney and this thread help us share our enthusiasm about CSR! I hope you and your family have a great time on your vacation. Now off to read your PTR!

Kelly

Okay...just wanted to vent. I saw a t-shirt while we were there in September and never got around to buying it figuring we'd get it at Downtown Disney and they didn't have it. Two of my good friends on the DIS looked for it and couldn't find it. I now found it in an email from Disney Shopping I received and they don't have my size. I am so sad. :sad2:

If anyone sees this shirt on their trip, can you let me know when you get back where you saw it and I'll try to call that store and order it. Thanks.

Oh...here's a picture:
CastleT-shirt.jpg

hi KatMark,

We got back from CSR on the weekend and I'm almost certain that this t-shirt was available at DTD, MK and Panchitos.

It's also available on Disney Shopping - which also has $5 shipping at the moment.

As a side note, we had a great time (coming half way around the world it was a big trip). We moved from Casitas 3 to Cabanas 8A after the 5th day. While we enjoyed the location of Casitas, the Cabanas provided a completely different feel and the location of the room to the Dig Site gave the kids a good downtime.

The walk from the Cabanas to El Centro was only about 7 minutes when you cut over the bridge.

Thanks for the assistance provided by this thread for info prior to our trip.

The big downside was the Pepper Market - the food was below par, but nothing compared to the service (dinner). We had a server one night who, when noticing I had dropped something on the floor, rather than either a) picking it up for me or b) speaking to me just tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the item on the floor. However, we had lunch there one day - the food was not much better, but the service was great.

Okay...just wanted to vent. I saw a t-shirt while we were there in September and never got around to buying it figuring we'd get it at Downtown Disney and they didn't have it. Two of my good friends on the DIS looked for it and couldn't find it. I now found it in an email from Disney Shopping I received and they don't have my size. I am so sad. :sad2:

If anyone sees this shirt on their trip, can you let me know when you get back where you saw it and I'll try to call that store and order it. Thanks.

Oh...here's a picture:
CastleT-shirt.jpg

hi KatMark,

We got back from CSR on the weekend and I'm almost certain that this t-shirt was available at DTD, MK and Panchitos.

It's also available on Disney Shopping - which also has $5 shipping at the moment.

That's t shirt is adorable, but I just looked it up on Disney shopping and noticed it is sized in Junior sizes. Don't know if that matters, but I know that after 30+ years of marriage and 2 kids, I am definitely not a junior size.:rotfl:

That's t shirt is adorable, but I just looked it up on Disney shopping and noticed it is sized in Junior sizes. Don't know if that matters, but I know that after 30+ years of marriage and 2 kids, I am definitely not a junior size.:rotfl:

Amen! If it was after 30 years marriage I would be happy - however, it's after 30 years of breathing and I am definitely not a junior size! (I blame the kids, though :rotfl:)

Oh...here's a picture:
CastleT-shirt.jpg

Kathy - What size do you need? I'll be there in 11 days!

(PS - We were gonna stay at CSR again, but I wanted to see the Christmas decorations at WL and with the 40% off military rate, it was achievable for a short stay. :thumbsup2 )

Thanks, everyone. MickeyNicki (our DIS food guru) is going to look for the shirt. She said she actually saw it when she was there last time and was looking for me, but she only saw it in junior sizes. :headache:
I too, after 26 years of marriage and two kids, cannot get into a Junior size shirt. She's going to look and see if they've added adult sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter