Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading on the disabilities board that there is some convention at CSR in Dec that will be bringing in alot of people in wheelchairs and ECVs. Does anyone know exactly when this will be and how it might affect the buses? We'll be there with my mom in an ECV.

Well sadly, we've had to cancel our CSR trip and March and we'll end up re-scheduling it for this summer. I'm so scared of the heat we'll endure! LOL But I had to do it make sure our finances flow smoothly. Plus I just planned a surprise trip for Dec 2010 at AKL CL and it's a pretty penny! LOL

So I won't see CSR in 4 months like I wanted to but we'll be "home" again probably early June. Bummer but AT LEAST we're still going!

I was just reading on the disabilities board that there is some convention at CSR in Dec that will be bringing in alot of people in wheelchairs and ECVs. Does anyone know exactly when this will be and how it might affect the buses? We'll be there with my mom in an ECV.

December conventions:

Dec 3 - 6, NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Dec 4 - 6, DANR 12th Annual National Conference
Dec 7 - 10, NGB Joint Information Technology Conference
Dec 14 - 15, Tax Works Power Training Seminar
Dec 15 - 19, Magic Week 2009 CPE Conference
Dec 17 - 20, 23rd Annual National MPS Society Family Conference

December conventions:

Dec 3 - 6, NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Dec 4 - 6, DANR 12th Annual National Conference
Dec 7 - 10, NGB Joint Information Technology Conference
Dec 14 - 15, Tax Works Power Training Seminar
Dec 15 - 19, Magic Week 2009 CPE Conference
Dec 17 - 20, 23rd Annual National MPS Society Family Conference

so which one has the wheel chairs and evc's?

Well sadly, we've had to cancel our CSR trip and March and we'll end up re-scheduling it for this summer. I'm so scared of the heat we'll endure! LOL But I had to do it make sure our finances flow smoothly. Plus I just planned a surprise trip for Dec 2010 at AKL CL and it's a pretty penny! LOL

So I won't see CSR in 4 months like I wanted to but we'll be "home" again probably early June. Bummer but AT LEAST we're still going!

Sorry you had to cancel for March...but glad you are rescheduling for the summer. You'll just have to spend more time at the Dig Site pool. :)

Hi everyone!

We arrived yesterday!

First impressions are that the resort is beautiful! the grounds are lovely!

We got our request of 8B, BUT we are 2 doors down to this NOISY compressor type thing... and can hear it through our door, so we went to Guest Services, and asked about the possibility of another room but none were available at that time... so the CM offered to send us over a box fan to use to cut the outside noise... worked really well last night! We're overlooking the parking lot, but it doesn't matter to us, because we're within sight of Bus stop 3, and aren't spending much time in our room...

The room is really nice! We like the decor of the room... DD loves the bed, it's so comfortable!

We arrived back to our room around noon today, and there were a lot of conventioneers, but seeing them doesn't bother me... I actually feel bad for them, being in conferences all day, not enjoying the nice weather! Oh well, what we have to do for work huh?

Mousekeeping must've come early, cuz when we returned back to our room, it was done up! (I like that!) No towel animals... but we don't expect them.

I'll update again when we return (or sooner, since I've got a live report going...LOL!)

Kathy, I have to update this mini-review....should've done it sooner, but we've been going and going.... We met a wonderful CM who posts on another board I frequent... and chatted with him for a while last Sunday... He wondered how our room was, and I told him about the noise, etc.. and he asked if we would like him to check about another room... He did say that if the CM's can make a stay more "magical" then they why not let them try... so long story short... we are in 8a, in a nice quiet room, with a view that is absolutely stunning.

I have to say that it is worth getting to know people, and sugar works a heck of a lot better than vinegar... LOL!

DD and I have spent a lot of time walking around the resort, going to the pool, and checking out the store. We haven't met any rude or obnoxious CM's here at all! We have not been to Pepper Market, because we've been on the go so much... when I get back, I'll post a link to the pictures from our stay. Right now I have to go retrieve our laundry... Unfortunately, we have to go back to the cold tomorrow.

We will be at CSR for the first time in a little under 4 weeks. We switched from POR and all that was available was a waterview room. So, even though I didn't want to pay for waterview we booked anyway. So, with that said what is the best waterview building to request? We are a family of 4, me, DH, DD 11 and DS 9. TIA

Don't worry about the heat!
You will be at Disney!!:goodvibes
there are tons of threads on here the give lots of suggestions on dealing with summer heat.
and besides..... weather isn't always a sure thing..... think about just a few weeks ago.... it was hitting 95!! Sooooo NOT typical! and when we went last July..... we were there for 10 days and it only went above 90 on 2 of those days! but we way more rain than usual!
so just go with it! you will have a great time....
we LOVE CSR. right now I'm looking at May instead of June.....
waiting couple of weeks to finalize it. :goodvibes

we are going to CSR next week....do they let people that are NOT with a convention stay in club level there yet? I thought about asking about paying for a upgrade when we get there.

we are going to CSR next week....do they let people that are NOT with a convention stay in club level there yet? I thought about asking about paying for a upgrade when we get there.

If there is not a convention, you could possibly get a room in 9B, but you will not be able to use the Club...it is still not being offered to regular resort guests.

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the CSR. It was fantastic and was better than expected. Thanks for this forum it was very helpful.

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the CSR. It was fantastic and was better than expected. Thanks for this forum it was very helpful.

What wonderful news on such a gloomy day here. Thank you for sharing...I'm so glad you enjoyed your short stay at the CSR. :thumbsup2

Getting excited ready for our trip it's only 105ish days away (it's Sunday don't expect my brain to work too hard!)
Made all our ADR's last week on DDP for 1st time.

Can any one help with my one question.
If you have been to pepper market recently do they still do buffalo wings?:confused3
They are not on menu but weren't when we went earlier in year just on a small board at meat station.

If they don't where can we get them? This is a major point for my DH (he had them 5 times when we were there earlier this year.) Obsessed does not explain him the only thing he is pickier about is his beer!!:eek:

Anyone going soon have a great trip:woohoo:

I just found out that I am staying here in January. I can't wait!

Had a great four-night stay with my wife and 5-year-old daughter at CSR (was BLAZING hot this week - low 90's during the day, mid 70's at night, perfect for this Wisconsin family!). Some observations regarding the resort:

1. Requested Cabanas 9A by fax five days before we arrived, and request was granted (Room 9230, 2nd floor overlooking the parking lot). When we checked in, I requested a microwave as well. By the time we got to our room, the microwave was already in our room. Great start to the trip. As for the rooms, they fit the "moderate" category well - nothing fancy, but clean, functional, and the queen-sized beds were quite comfortable. Also was nice to have the laundry facilities so close - plenty of washers and dryers available and we enjoyed packing less and bringing clean clothes home!

2. The resort, in general, didn't seem very busy. One small convention going on, as far as we could tell. The "quiet pool" near 9A never had more than 10 people between swimmers and sunbathers. The "dig site" pool had some more activity, but there was plenty of room to swim and the wait for the jaguar slide was never more than a minute, which pleased my daughter immensely! We also enjoyed hanging out in the hammocks and the sand near the Cabanas section, beautiful views and a peaceful feel. The Laguna Bar was also a nice place to relax and have a glass of wine or a Shirley Temple.

3. While we consider ourselves to be relatively low-maintenance when it comes to dining, we gave the Pepper Market two tries before giving up. The first time (breakfast), two of our three orders were incorrect, we didn't get our drinks until we had finished our meals, and the whole set-up is extremely confusing (even after reading several pieces of advice on this thread!) The second time was a take-out pizza order, but that took twenty minutes (we were told 5-10) and when we got back to our room and opened it up, we realized that they had not cut it into slices! Guess I needed to request that up front. After that, we did the rest of our dining off-site except for when we utilized the microwave. Had a fantastic meal at Flying Fish in the BoardWalk area, would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice meal that won't break the bank.

4. Staff is friendly and accommodating, but I can understand how people would sense less of a "Disney feel" than other resorts.

5. Being that it was my first time staying at a Disney property in 20+ years (usually we stay on International Drive), it was great to be only 5-10 minutes via car from Magic Kingdom, Downtown Disney, BoardWalk, etc. Plus being able to park free is a nice plus. We did MNSSHP on Thursday and were so exhausted we could barely get to our car, so we were extremely thankful to be a hop, skip and jump from the CSR that night!

Overall, I would give this resort 3 1/2 stars on a five-star scale. Beautiful views and feel, great pools, rooms were fine, also included a few nice touches for our anniversary (champagne toast, etc.) Only minus would be the food situation, hopefully they will attempt another approach at some point in time, since what they're doing now doesn't seem to be working that well. For the price we paid ($99 per night based on an offer emailed by Disney in June), we would definitely stay at CSR again.

When we checked in, I requested a microwave as well. By the time we got to our room, the microwave was already in our room.

I did not know you could request a microwave. How much do you pay for the microwave?

From what I have read, you don't have to pay anything for them. It is just on a first come first served basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter