Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can answer this one as we always rent a car and drive to and from the resort to the parks, Downtown Disney, etc. It takes us approximately seven minutes to get to the AK, Epcot and the Studios and ten minutes to get to the MK (maybe twelve as it is a big parking lot). We have never had any problems going before rope drop, leaving around 1:00 and then going back to the same park or another one at night. We do this every day we are there and have been doing so for all eight stays.

We rent cars and have had the same good luck that Kat Mark has had. It takes longer than that on the bus from an Epcot resort to get to the MK and a lot longer to get to the AK.

It's a drive from any of the mods to one of the parks.

Thank you both for the prompt replies! :goodvibes Glad to read first-hand it's not a big deal.

Just wanted to add that we rented a car and also took an afternoon break every day on our last trip while staying at CSR and it worked out perfectly for us. It doesn't take long to get back to CSR from any of the parks IMO, especially compared to how long it takes to use the busses. We'd go to the parks at rope drop or shortly thereafter every morning and then go back to CSR around 2pm for a nap or swim then back to the parks around 5:30/6:00.

One day we went to MK for rope drop and we were one of the first families into the TTC parking lot so we had front row parking!!! We didn't need to take the tram to the TTC, it was like a 2 minute walk, that's how close we were. We were planning on taking our afternoon break but returning to the MK after the break to see spectro and Wishes so we took the bus back for our break in order to keep our prime parking spot :) After Wishes ended it took us about 20 minutes total to take the monorail back to the TTC (use the resort monorail, it stops at the TTC after stopping at the Contemporary) and to get back to CSR.

For the pack and play question (sorry I didn't quote it!), it was a regular sized one. It's the same exact size I use at home with my son. They put a mickey sheet on the mattress which is kinda cute (I bribed mousekeeping to snag me a few to take home!). If your 2 year old isn't overly large, I think she'll be fine. But I'd bet money she'll wanna explore the bed option too. Like I said, my son was only 5 months old at the time and after 2 days, he wanted to sleep with the big dogs! LOL The beds are so so so comfortable.

OK that is perfect. I'm just about positive I'm going to ask our TA to switch us.
Thanks!

Hi; I will try to answer your questions the best I can.

The Pepper Market is hit or miss with people. They have, over the last year, cut the menu down a lot (used to be you could get a ribeye steak for a counter service meal). We did not have a chance to eat there this trip as it was a very short and unexpected trip. As I said, people either love it or hate it. You do get your food made fresh to order, which with little ones, could be a problem for all of you to eat at the same time.

I just wanted to add that I've been looking on the restaurant board. We have decided to do QS-DDP, and for that reason I think PM will be a good value. I see that there are glitches here and there, but I find that everywhere at WDW. We just try to do our homework and be prepared. Also, the new menu looks pretty yummy. Obviously it is more limited than before, but since we don't have any "old favorites" I'm thinking we'll be very happy with it.

Here is a link for the Sept. 2009 Pepper Market menu:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_pm.htm

I'm going to ask our TA to switch us today. Thanks KatMark for a wonderful thread!

Hey Kathy!!!

Just faxed our room requests in... and starting to pack. Only 5 more days til we leave!!! (I can remember when it was over 200 days!) Can't wait!!!!

I just wanted to add that I've been looking on the restaurant board. We have decided to do QS-DDP, and for that reason I think PM will be a good value. I see that there are glitches here and there, but I find that everywhere at WDW. We just try to do our homework and be prepared. Also, the new menu looks pretty yummy. Obviously it is more limited than before, but since we don't have any "old favorites" I'm thinking we'll be very happy with it.

Here is a link for the Sept. 2009 Pepper Market menu:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_pm.htm

I'm going to ask our TA to switch us today. Thanks KatMark for a wonderful thread!

Thanks for the link! I'll try to copy and paste it in this thread to update. I hope you enjoy it. PM can be confusing at first, but we have always found the food to be very good and it is cooked fresh so it is not sitting around like some other places.

Hey Kathy!!!

Just faxed our room requests in... and starting to pack. Only 5 ore days til we leave!!! (I can remember when it was over 200 days!) Can't wait!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo: See how fast that went! :)

Not sure if anybody knows the answer but thought i would ask, Is it possible to get a Jr. Suite and a connecting or adjoining standard room? Or even a water view room? :confused3Thanks so much.:goodvibes

Okay, you Coronado Springs experts: I come bearing a question. My family's considering staying here on our trip in May, solely because that resort has queen beds, instead of doubles like all the other mods. But, from looking on a map, it's next to Animal Kingdom. Which is pretty much as far away as possible from the other parks.

We were hoping/considering taking mid-day breaks every day, and we'll have a car, but I'm still worrying about how far away Coronado Springs is from the parks. Does anyone else drive to the parks? Did you find it was easy to get back and forth?

Our last trip we had a rent a car and took mid day breaks. Most days we used our car to go back and forth. Some days we took the bus during the middle of the day so we could keep our good spot that we got in the morning. We always took to bus to MK so didn't have to go to the TCC center.

We are at the parks at RD and leave the parks between noon and one and return to the parks around 5:00.

Not sure if anybody knows the answer but thought i would ask, Is it possible to get a Jr. Suite and a connecting or adjoining standard room? Or even a water view room? :confused3Thanks so much.:goodvibes

Curious to know that answer if a Jr. Suite can connect to a standard room. I am hoping so, but I have the feeling the answer will be no.

We had a junior suite last year--two connecting rooms. We had the two connecting rooms and then there was a small gap and a room on the other side of us. I hope this helps.

Curious to know that answer if a Jr. Suite can connect to a standard room. I am hoping so, but I have the feeling the answer will be no.

Some things even pixiedust: can't help. Hopefully we can get an answer soon.

Does anyone happen to not what they allow you to charge up to on the KTTW card if you decide to having charging privileges at Coronado? I think I remember seeing $1000 for moderates somewhere but can't remember where.

I'd like to know the answer to this, too. I wasn't aware there was a spending limit, this is the first year that I am planning to use the KTTW charging option.

The pre-authorized limit for charging is:

Value ... $500
Moderate ... $1000
Deluxe ... $1500

When you near or reach your limit, you authorize the payment through your credit card and you can then re-set the pre-authorozation for the limit again. Of course, you can pay and re-set as often as you like, and your credit card allows :)

We had a junior suite last year--two connecting rooms. We had the two connecting rooms and then there was a small gap and a room on the other side of us. I hope this helps.

Thanks for you reply. I realize that the Jr. Suites are two standard rooms that have are conecting rooms. I am guessing that they don't have a conecting Jr. Suite to a stadard room.

Have been thinking of staying at CSR on our upcoming trip and just wanted to say thanks for posting these wonderful pictures!! CSR definitely looks like the nicest of the moderates!!

Thanks for you reply. I realize that the Jr. Suites are two standard rooms that have are conecting rooms. I am guessing that they don't have a conecting Jr. Suite to a stadard room.

so... how many are allowed in a Jr. suite? 6 or 8?
do they have microwaves?

Have been thinking of staying at CSR on our upcoming trip and just wanted to say thanks for posting these wonderful pictures!! CSR definitely looks like the nicest of the moderates!!

It absolutely is the nicest!!! :thumbsup2
and by far our favorite!! we even like it better than some of the Deluxe resorts!!:thumbsup2
I'm hoping we can go back in 2010..... money is tight this year though! but just got an email for a discount.... :thumbsup2.... so looking at what are the best dates!!! ;)

do they have microwaves?

I dont think they have microwave but usually the foos court does. They have room for up to 6 people. The sofa is a pull out sleeper and they bedroom can come as a king (limted though) for 2 queens. Thye a two standward rrom that have been modified into a suite with a door between the BR and Den. Also have 2 full baths.

Hope this helps!:goodvibes

Welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Have fun planning.

do they have microwaves?

6 are allowed in a junior suite. They do not come with microwaves. However, the CSR does provide microwaves. You need to ask at check-in (not before) and they are first come, first serve and no charge.

I dont think they have microwave but usually the foos court does. They have room for up to 6 people. The sofa is a pull out sleeper and they bedroom can come as a king (limted though) for 2 queens. Thye a two standward rrom that have been modified into a suite with a door between the BR and Den. Also have 2 full baths.

Hope this helps!:goodvibes

Yes, the food court also has a microwave if you cannot get one that is available for use during your stay. The CSR has had suites for a number of years, they've just upgraded them like they did the regular rooms.

Just wanted to add that we rented a car and also took an afternoon break every day on our last trip while staying at CSR and it worked out perfectly for us. It doesn't take long to get back to CSR from any of the parks IMO, especially compared to how long it takes to use the busses. We'd go to the parks at rope drop or shortly thereafter every morning and then go back to CSR around 2pm for a nap or swim then back to the parks around 5:30/6:00.

I quoting you just to get your attention! LOL

The pic of your DH and your DD walking towards the castle is awesome!!!! I love it!!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter