Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. We stayed at CSR soon after they first opened (12 years ago!). I thought it was a very large, beautiful resort. We did not go back there during our recent trips, because they've all been in summer months which made the walking around the resort very tiring after all the walking in the parks all day.
BUT.....because of reading this thread and the external fansite, I can hardly wait to try the resort again! Very happy about the queen beds, and the recent renovation. Thanks for all the information on the front pages, even the conventioneer schedule.
We stayed in Casitas before, and I am going to request Cabanas 8A or 8B.
Do you think everyone wants these Cabana areas, or do we have a good chance of getting our request?
I'm so looking forward to WDW in Feb, it will be great to be out of the cold, but not be meltingly hot like it is in WDW during our summer trips.:thumbsup2:yay:

Glad to hear you are going back to CSR. :woohoo:

The Cabanas are the most requested section--Cabanas 9B, and 8A and 8B. Your chance is as good as anyone else. We love the Casitas (we've been there 7 of our 8 stays), but we did stay in Cabanas 9A this recent trip and it was very nice (close to the Cabanas quiet pool, the food court was about five minutes away and the main pool about ten minutes away.

I hope when you get back that you'll write a report.

Hi All!

This thread was a great resource for information for our first trip to CSR in August. We really liked the resort and will definately go back.

I'm so sorry for the lateness of this mini report - but I wanted to share so others can benefit.

I didn't do a room request because we had a car so it didn't really matter.
I also did the online checkin, which was great. We drove through the WDW arches and my phone rang (about 11am). It was CSR advising me that our room was ready. It took all of 2 minutes to grab out package and head out to Ranchos 7. It was a great location, near bus stop #4, our building was right beside Ranchos quiet pool, and about 5 minute walk to the Dig Site. Laundry room was right there too, and I'd say 10-12 minutes walk to El Centro. We ate at the Pepper Market once for breakfast. I also drove there one morning while the kids (teens) were still sleeping to get take out breakfast. It was fine.

Here are some pictures:

DisneyAugust2009015-1.jpg

DisneyAugust2009012-1.jpg

DisneyAugust2009016-1.jpg

Building 7 Ranchos
DisneyAugust2009113-1.jpg

DisneyAugust2009111-2.jpg

DisneyAugust2009207-2.jpg

DisneyAugust2009203-1.jpg

DisneyAugust2009224-1.jpg

Thanks for the "mini" report and the great pictures. And so glad that you enjoyed the CSR!

Wait. Do I know you from somewhere Yak? Can I call you Yak?
I almost forgot that was your screen name over here.

I have been lurking on this thread for months now. Great info here, I leave Friday afternoon! I can't wait!

Have a magical trip.

Hi everyone!
So, when CSR first opened I said "never." But now I've seen the photos of the new rooms and queen beds! OMGosh! I hope you can all handle one more convert. We are normally a POFQ family.
I have made it to page 70 of this thread, and I just can't get through it all fast enough. So as I go back and read, perhaps you can advise me.

Any major changes at CSR since early August?

How are people liking the new rooms, particularly the smaller floor space for packnplay's since the new beds arrived?

How about a family of 4 in these rooms and trying to get ready/eat breakfast without a table and maneuvering around that pack n play, suitcases, a stroller and a cooler?

Is the packnplay a full-sized (we have a Graco from 2005) or smaller? DD will be just turning 2.

I don't see many requests for Casitas 1, but that looks perfect to me.

Also, I don't see much discussion of the Pepper Market. We have DD(5) and DD(2) and are considering the QSDDP, but may do OOP instead. Looks like we would break even either way, especially doing cold breakfast in our room (we will have a car for groceries). Can someone point me to relevant posts in this thread on Pepper Market?

I have a PIN code for travel in May (35% off). Hoping to try for checkin 5/2. I have put our TA through the ringer, so I'd like to be sure about CSR before I ask him to change us AGAIN.

Also, I don't see any May conventions on the post in the early pages. Has this changed? We really don't mind. Just curious.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hello again!

Where can I see the list of conventions? We hope to go the last week of April! It will be my B-day and my DS b-day! Its always a nice time of year I think! :banana:

For those of you who were concerned, per the Pop Warner website, they are going to POR-Riverside and NOT the CSR!!!!

I've had our reservations for a year now - but we might not be able to go in a month. I've had some problems with my blood pressure medicine lately. For the past two months it's been going up and I've been having bad side effects. Had to go to three docs to get help as two told me it was all 'in my head'. Anyway, I'm on a new pill as of Monday but it takes awhile to get into my system. I'm waiting desperately to see how I feel. If I'm not up 100% then I think I have to cancel and reschedule for late Jan or early Feb. Of course, the room prices will be much higher then. :sad1:

I've had our reservations for a year now - but we might not be able to go in a month. I've had some problems with my blood pressure medicine lately. For the past two months it's been going up and I've been having bad side effects. Had to go to three docs to get help as two told me it was all 'in my head'. Anyway, I'm on a new pill as of Monday but it takes awhile to get into my system. I'm waiting desperately to see how I feel. If I'm not up 100% then I think I have to cancel and reschedule for late Jan or early Feb. Of course, the room prices will be much higher then. :sad1:

:hug: Sorry to hear of your health. I know a bit of what you are going through as we have been on a roller coaster of sorts with my mom and her new blood thinner medication. Jeeze, how many times will have to draw blood from my poor mom to get it right! :mad:

Anyway, I hope you feel better really soon! :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear this. Here is some pixiedust:pixiedust: that things will get straightened out and you'll still be able to go.

Several years ago we stayed at CSR and there was a bus that went between CSR and BW. It was really convenient. I hear it doesn't run anymore. I also heard they sometimes run it during busy times. Does anyone know?

Hi everyone!
So, when CSR first opened I said "never." But now I've seen the photos of the new rooms and queen beds! OMGosh! I hope you can all handle one more convert. We are normally a POFQ family.
I have made it to page 70 of this thread, and I just can't get through it all fast enough. So as I go back and read, perhaps you can advise me.

Any major changes at CSR since early August?

How are people liking the new rooms, particularly the smaller floor space for packnplay's since the new beds arrived?

How about a family of 4 in these rooms and trying to get ready/eat breakfast without a table and maneuvering around that pack n play, suitcases, a stroller and a cooler?

Is the packnplay a full-sized (we have a Graco from 2005) or smaller? DD will be just turning 2.

I don't see many requests for Casitas 1, but that looks perfect to me.

Also, I don't see much discussion of the Pepper Market. We have DD(5) and DD(2) and are considering the QSDDP, but may do OOP instead. Looks like we would break even either way, especially doing cold breakfast in our room (we will have a car for groceries). Can someone point me to relevant posts in this thread on Pepper Market?

I have a PIN code for travel in May (35% off). Hoping to try for checkin 5/2. I have put our TA through the ringer, so I'd like to be sure about CSR before I ask him to change us AGAIN.

Also, I don't see any May conventions on the post in the early pages. Has this changed? We really don't mind. Just curious.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hi; I will try to answer your questions the best I can.

We will always welcome a "convert" or a "lurker" or whatever...happy to have you.

The only major changes since early August is that the rehab is now completely done. All rooms have the new beds, furnishings, etc.

I was there last month for a mini-trip and absolutely loved the new decor; beds were very comfortable (and pillows too!). I can't answer about the pack and play as my boys are 23 and 21 and wouldn't fit in one....sorry I couldn't resist. :lmao: Seriously, the boys don't travel with us anymore (they are in college), but I believe people have posted that you could put the pack and play in the bath area and close the new sliding doors, etc.

If you have little ones, they could sit on the floor and set their plates on the ottomans. We never eat in the room...we always eat by the lake.

Casitas 1 is connected to the main building; I do know they often put convention guests there as it is so close to the convention center. Casitas 1, obviously, is very close to the food, gift shop, etc., but a hike to the main pool (and you would use Bus Stop 1 which is the LAST stop picked up to go to the parks).

The Pepper Market is hit or miss with people. They have, over the last year, cut the menu down a lot (used to be you could get a ribeye steak for a counter service meal). We did not have a chance to eat there this trip as it was a very short and unexpected trip. As I said, people either love it or hate it. You do get your food made fresh to order, which with little ones, could be a problem for all of you to eat at the same time.

The convention list gets updated as I receive information from other DISers or when I have time to do some research to see if anything new has been added.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi; I will try to answer your questions the best I can.

We will always welcome a "convert" or a "lurker" or whatever...happy to have you.

The only major changes since early August is that the rehab is now completely done. All rooms have the new beds, furnishings, etc.

I was there last month for a mini-trip and absolutely loved the new decor; beds were very comfortable (and pillows too!). I can't answer about the pack and play as my boys are 23 and 21 and wouldn't fit in one....sorry I couldn't resist. :lmao: Seriously, the boys don't travel with us anymore (they are in college), but I believe people have posted that you could put the pack and play in the bath area and close the new sliding doors, etc.

If you have little ones, they could sit on the floor and set their plates on the ottomans. We never eat in the room...we always eat by the lake.

Casitas 1 is connected to the main building; I do know they often put convention guests there as it is so close to the convention center. Casitas 1, obviously, is very close to the food, gift shop, etc., but a hike to the main pool (and you would use Bus Stop 1 which is the LAST stop picked up to go to the parks).

The Pepper Market is hit or miss with people. They have, over the last year, cut the menu down a lot (used to be you could get a ribeye steak for a counter service meal). We did not have a chance to eat there this trip as it was a very short and unexpected trip. As I said, people either love it or hate it. You do get your food made fresh to order, which with little ones, could be a problem for all of you to eat at the same time.

The convention list gets updated as I receive information from other DISers or when I have time to do some research to see if anything new has been added.

Hope this is helpful.

Very helpful. I'll have to give this some thought. Thanks for your quick and honest feedback. This is a great thread.

As I sit and watch the snow fall I'm thinking about how close our trip is: 42 days away:cool1: I have a question: When I made my reservation I requested Cabana 8A, do I still need to fax a request or am I good? I wish I were sitting in that hammock right now instead of freezing with SNOW:scared1: falling like mad!!!
Thanks,
Laurie

As I sit and watch the snow fall I'm thinking about how close our trip is: 42 days away:cool1: I have a question: When I made my reservation I requested Cabana 8A, do I still need to fax a request or am I good? I wish I were sitting in that hammock right now instead of freezing with SNOW:scared1: falling like mad!!!
Thanks,
Laurie

OMG! Watching the snow fall in NJ today????? :eek: I'm in MI and it is just 43 degrees today, brrrrrr..... where is our indian summer weather?????

Have fun on your trip in 42 days!

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie, I put in a request when we made our reservation AND faxed in a request and still didn't get anywhere near where we requested. I did not do online check-in as I was worried about that so that way I could request a change when we got there. We were put in the Ranchos section (very pretty) but not where we wanted to be. I asked if there was anything available in the Cabanas section and was switched to Cabanas 8A. We had to wait until around 5 for our room to be ready, but it is an AWESOME location!
I can't believe it is snowing by you, I'd be counting the minutes and seconds too!

Yay! This has come around quite quickly...6 sleeps until we board the plane and head half way around the world to see a mouse!

I called the Disney reservations line and the kind lady put a request for Cabanas 8a or 9a against the reservation. We're not going to do the online check in, so hopefully if there are any problems with the request (we really don't want to be in the Ranchos section with our 5 and 6 yr olds).

We arrive at MCO at 6.30 at night, so I'm thinking that we should take our luggage on the ME rather than leave to Disney to bring along (can we do that?) - because we really don't want to be answering the door at midnight (we plan on being fast asleep and ready to go the next day).

Also, if we do bring our luggage, are we expected to take it ourselves to the room or is there a porter service? If it's night and the kids are passed out from the flight (23 hr travel time), the last thing I want to be thinking about is carrying kids and schelping luggage.

Off to watch the reports about this little boy and the hot air balloon (it's all over the morning tv here in Australia)....

OMG! Watching the snow fall in NJ today????? :eek: I'm in MI and it is just 43 degrees today, brrrrrr..... where is our indian summer weather?????

Have fun on your trip in 42 days!

Yeah, it's REALLY early for snow here and unexpected as we were expecting heavy rain:confused3
Thanks, I can't wait to get on that plane!!!

Laurie, I put in a request when we made our reservation AND faxed in a request and still didn't get anywhere near where we requested. I did not do online check-in as I was worried about that so that way I could request a change when we got there. We were put in the Ranchos section (very pretty) but not where we wanted to be. I asked if there was anything available in the Cabanas section and was switched to Cabanas 8A. We had to wait until around 5 for our room to be ready, but it is an AWESOME location!
I can't believe it is snowing by you, I'd be counting the minutes and seconds too!

Thanks, I guess I'll send a fax as well and hope for the best. I don't mind waiting for our room as we will be hitting HS as soon as we can.
Thanks again,
Lauire

I haven't managed to get through this whole thread yet but we're taking our first WDW trip this New Years :woohoo:and this board had really helped to get me excited for CSR. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed and KatMark for all your hard work.

A couple quick questions of many to come I'm sure:

1. is it too cold to go swimming in Dec/ Jan?

2. I have read some places that you can have the stuff you purchase in the parks delivered to your resort but I've also seen this does not aplly to CSR. Does anyone know?

TIA:thanks:

I haven't managed to get through this whole thread yet but we're taking our first WDW trip this New Years :woohoo:and this board had really helped to get me excited for CSR. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed and KatMark for all your hard work.

2. I have read some places that you can have the stuff you purchase in the parks delivered to your resort but I've also seen this does not aplly to CSR. Does anyone know?

TIA:thanks:

I can answer #2, YES, you can have packages delivered to the resort. You pick them up at the gift shop (forgot the name). We did this on our trip, we just had to pick it up the next day. So you definatly don't want to send anything on your last day or even next to last. I think we were told it would be available after 3pm the next day.

All the pools at CSR are heated to 80 degrees, but going swimming would be an individuals choice based on the days weather.

Panchitos is the name of the gift shop at CSR where you can have your purchases delivered.

WOW that was really fast!!! Thank you for the responses. I guess we'll have to pack our swimsuits and play it by ear. And I am really glad to hear that we can have our purchases sent to the resort that was one of my deciding factors in deciding to stay onsite. So many people to buy souvenirs for!

My husband pretty much thinks I'm crazy planning what we should pack months in advance, and where we'll want to be eating in 90 days. So it's really nice to have a place like the DIS where I don't feel so crazy. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter