Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
just booked our 1st ever trip to WDW and we'll be staying at CSR. judging by this thread, i think we made the right choice. - Oct 26-Nov 4

just booked our 1st ever trip to WDW and we'll be staying at CSR. judging by this thread, i think we made the right choice. - Oct 26-Nov 4

Congratulations! :woohoo:

If you come up with any questions in the meantime, feel free to post and we'll all try to help.

Hey Katmark - great picture with you and Amy&Dan. Both of you have always been helpful with my questions. It's always nice to put a name with a face!!! Thanks for always sharing information so kindly!!! :flower3:

Hey Katmark - great picture with you and Amy&Dan. Both of you have always been helpful with my questions. It's always nice to put a name with a face!!! Thanks for always sharing informtion so kindly!!! :flower3:

Aw, thanks! :hug: They are great people.

For those of you attending the "Dis Meet" in September, I've posted on the "poll thread" the decision. Hope as many of you that can will join us for a drink.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2250569

91 days till our CSR trip and the pixie dust is coming a bit early--I got put "on call" for work this morning and after the horrible day I had yesterday it was so good to get that 5 am phone call!
Can't wait for tomorrow when I can wake up bright and early to make our ADR's. Going over the plan with hubby, parents & brother and everyone agrees with me! ::yes::
The only one I'm worried about is Chef Mickey's breakfast....:confused3 I hope that the crowds in November will be low like they were when I was a kid, but now with free dining extended, I'm a bit concerned.
On a good note, I used the confirmation number our travel agent gave me to with my login at the official Disney site and found that it worked, so now I can make all my reservations at one time online (yeah for 90+10!) instead of calling or going online each day. :cool1::banana::cool1:
But I'll probably change my mind at least once a day so I'll be online anyhow :rotfl:

I hope everyone that's there now is having a great time, can't wait to hear more from all of your trips!

Hi everyone, first post from a frequent lurker. Your reviews, information and insights are most helpful! Most recently, your comments about CSR gave me the push I needed to change a reservation for September 2009 to stay at the resort (as much as possible). Unfortunately, still looking at a few nights at POR, but hopefully a reservation will be canceled and we'll get a full week at CSR.

The toiletries at CSR look great, but one quick question for recent vacationers: what's the toilet paper like? I know it sounds silly, but last year, staying at CBR for the first time as a grown adult who really notices things like this, I determined that their toilet paper was pretty rough! The shock came one night while dining at The Wave in the Contemporary, and it took all I had not to take some of their two-ply back with me to CBR! Thanks!

Hi everyone, first post from a frequent lurker. Your reviews, information and insights are most helpful! Most recently, your comments about CSR gave me the push I needed to change a reservation for September 2009 to stay at the resort (as much as possible). Unfortunately, still looking at a few nights at POR, but hopefully a reservation will be canceled and we'll get a full week at CSR.

The toiletries at CSR look great, but one quick question for recent vacationers: what's the toilet paper like? I know it sounds silly, but last year, staying at CBR for the first time as a grown adult who really notices things like this, I determined that their toilet paper was pretty rough! The shock came one night while dining at The Wave in the Contemporary, and it took all I had not to take some of their two-ply back with me to CBR! Thanks!

:welcome: to the CSR and the DIS.....
I really don't have a definitive answer to your question. Didn't really pay that much attention to the TP when we were there in May, but it was fine by me, and DH didn't complain.
Not much help I know, but maybe some of the posters that are there now, will have a better answer for ya....

Speaking of TP, I miss the Mickey Mouse TP they used to have at the resorts back in the 90's. Used to always take the extra roll home as a souvenir. I think my mom still has those rolls someplace.

We made December reservations @ CSR! Our rate is $754 including tax for 5 nights; not bad.

The original plan was ASMu. But, for the extra $200 we get queen beds, hot tub, spectacular pool with slide, remodeled room, serenity, and dedicated bus service; definitely worth the price.

I consider CSR amenities to be on par with AKL and WL.

Thanks for the CSR thread!

Can you request for a certain building?

We are travelling with a six year old.

Can't wait to celebrate my bday there!!!

Can you request for a certain building?

We are travelling with a six year old.

Can't wait to celebrate my bday there!!!

Yes you can request a certain building but it's not guaranteed. But more then likely your request will be met.

We made December reservations @ CSR! Our rate is $754 including tax for 5 nights; not bad.

The original plan was ASMu. But, for the extra $200 we get queen beds, hot tub, spectacular pool with slide, remodeled room, serenity, and dedicated bus service; definitely worth the price.

I consider CSR amenities to be on par with AKL and WL.

Thanks for the CSR thread!

Definetly worth the extra $$$ IMO to upgrade from a value to a mod. $200 isn't a big deal, the big jump is from a mod to some deluxe resorts, and to me they're not worth it.

One of the reasons I love weekend trips to Disney is because I get sick of the toilet paper after a while!! It's okay for a few nights, but yeah...after that, I want my normal stuff! (On a side note, I just tried a new brand at home and I hate it...so I get it.) I am the kind of person who if I'm going on a week long trip, I'll bring my own roll. So if you're going for more than just a weekend trip, I'd bring it. I don't particularly recall what toilet paper they use at CSR, but I know myself well enough that if it were nice and not what I was expecting, I would have noticed :rotfl: ...I don't know what that says about me. :rolleyes1

I'm also big on what kind of towels hotels use. I can tell you that CSR is a typical hotel. I get excited when I travel and they have larger towels. I didn't get excited over CSR's :sad2: :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter