Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to Disney with two girlfriends & am trying to decide between Caribbean and Coronado. Usually my husband and I stay at Saratogo or Animal Kingdom, both are out this year. There are lots of raves about Caribbean but not much excitement about Coronado even though it seems to have more amenities. Any suggestions?

I love this thread!! It is great info!!!

I have never stayed at Coronado and after reading this, I am even more excited about it.

Now, here is my question though, I keep seeing people talk about the queen beds? I am hoping for a king bed. Are they all new too? Will it be as comfortable as the queens? I guess I don't understand what the fuss is about? Did they not have queen beds before?

Thanks!!

I'm going to Disney with two girlfriends & am trying to decide between Caribbean and Coronado. Usually my husband and I stay at Saratogo or Animal Kingdom, both are out this year. There are lots of raves about Caribbean but not much excitement about Coronado even though it seems to have more amenities. Any suggestions?

We stayed at CBR in 07 and didn't love it. Our room was badly in need of renovation, hidden mould that made my allergic dh and ds miserable (took us a while to find it). Was the whole resort reno'd or just the pirate rooms? I would not recommend it unless you had a reno'd room. I did like the size of the rooms, largest of the mods, and the pool was nice. We also enjoyed sitting on the beach and watching the (high) Epcot fireworks.

Haven't stayed at CSR yet (5 weeks!), but chose it b/c of the reno and the queen beds. I think some people don't put CSR at the top of the list b/c of perceived theming issues. For me, the theming isn't so important...upscale and business-like is just as good if not better than all-Mickey all-the-time. Conventioneers don't put a damper on my vacation buzz at all. After all, I'm not the one who's working! ;)

Hope that helps. Good luck with your planning!

Now, here is my question though, I keep seeing people talk about the queen beds? I am hoping for a king bed. Are they all new too? Will it be as comfortable as the queens? I guess I don't understand what the fuss is about? Did they not have queen beds before?

Thanks!!

Hi Lindsey and :welcome:

Disney's moderate-level resorts only have had double beds in the standard rooms. CSR is now the only one to offer queens standard, and it's only since the (nearly-complete) reno. There are king rooms available, but I think they are a little more expensive. You'd have to book that room type to get a king. HTH!

It all depends on what you like and what type of decor you prefer and also if your looking for a newly renovated room. Lots of people always say that CSR is too big and spread out, but in fact CBR is spread out just as much and if not more then CSR. To me, the rooms at CSR look nicer then CBR's rooms most likely because they were just renovated. The Pepper Market has great value if you have the dining plan, and also CSR has more to offer like a fitness center, massage rooms, etc. CBR when I stayed there years ago was a very nice resort with decent rooms and a pretty good food court. The pool was really nice and the grounds were nice. CSR's grounds though look nicer. Looking foward to my stay at CSR in October, it's less then 50 days away now!:cool1:

Hi Lindsey and :welcome:

Disney's moderate-level resorts only have had double beds in the standard rooms. CSR is now the only one to offer queens standard, and it's only since the (nearly-complete) reno. There are king rooms available, but I think they are a little more expensive. You'd have to book that room type to get a king. HTH!

Yeah the King rooms are expensive, I booked a King room for our up coming stay and it was $25 extra per night I believe.

Not singing anymore.

083612W5_NL_sm.gif

WOW, hopefully it drastically turns away from that directed path. One thing I don't miss about living in Central Florida is the tropical storms, hurricanes, etc...

We leave Monday morning from Santo Domingo. And although so far it seems it's not gonna be preventing our departure, it might catch up with us there.

I was singing a couple of days ago since the system had dissipated. Yesterday night it reorganized itself to become the first named storm of the Atlantic Season.

Originally Posted by SKINCARE8888

As others have posted, it is really which theme you would most enjoy. CSR is a beautiful resort ~ newly refurbished (almost finished), flat screen TV's, queen beds. The new rooms definitely have more of a deluxe feel. The resort is not any larger than CBR, so not sure why some guests seem to feel it is. Also not sure why the conventions would an issue as several other resorts have convention facilities as well - I noticed the conventioneers way more at CR.

CBR was refurbished last yr, but not as extensively as CSR. The new design is a baffling Nemo theme (what has Nemo got to do with the Caribbean?), it also has a new Pirate themed main pool and every Village has a quiet pool. The more expensive Pirate Rooms are all in Trinidad South, furthest from Old Port Royale.

Both resorts, maybe CBR a bit more, have a vacation within a vacation feel. CBR rooms are larger, but not enough to really notice significantly. Both resorts have food courts that get mixed reviews.

You will find loads of DISers here who love CSR, lots of beautiful photos and wonderful stories of delightful stays. It seems CSR is gaining in popularity...hopefully, not so much that we can't get a room as easily!:thumbsup2

Happy planning! :goodvibes

We leave Monday morning from Santo Domingo. And although so far it seems it's not gonna be preventing our departure, it might catch up with us there.

I was singing a couple of days ago since the system had dissipated. Yesterday night it reorganized itself to become the first named storm of the Atlantic Season.

Yeah it looks like it shouldn't affect you leaving the DR, but might be a problem for you when you get to Disney. Hopefully everything works out for you.

I could of swore all mod resorts were the same size approx. 314 sq feet.

CBR rooms are slightly larger. Though with the refurb, the rooms at CSR feel larger than their 314. Personally, I really like refurbished rooms. I'll go out of my way when I travel for work to stay at a hotel that's new or has been recently redone. I think it makes a huge difference. It's part of the reason I chose CSR. Since you're debating between CBR & CSR, the size of the resort is moot, I'd choose CSR in a heartbeat. Great theming, beautiful grounds, & refurbed rooms.

And as for Ana: at least it's just a Tropical Storm for the time being. It doesn't look like they expect it to get much stronger. So you know, there's that! And if it hits Orlando with the rain, no one will be at the parks...which means no wait times ;) (I know, no pool time, but just rearrange some days because the day after it passes through should be gorgeous!)

I just booked at CSR and after finding this thread I know we made a great choice. We leave a week from Monday for the World and I cannot wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter