Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. We are arriving late on the 14th and free dining doesn't begin until the 16th. The tickets have to be purchased as part of the package to get free dining, so we don't get our tickets till the 16th. The only way to work it out was to get a room only reservation the first two nights, followed by the package with park tickets and free dining for the next seven nights. We could only add on at the beginning of our trip, not the end because of a work conflict.

It's not really worth it to us to buy four 1 day tickets for the 15th, so we plan to spend the day at the pool, wander around CSR to see the grounds, have an OOP adr at Captain's Grille for dinner and an Illuminations Cruise that night. Even though we have no park tickets, I think it will still be a nice first day.

We're doing a split stay too, but we arrive late on the 15th. It sounds like you have a great first day planned, even without the park tickets.

As for the CM telling you there was "no room" to note that on your reservation, I would call back and speak to someone else. We had no trouble with our requests, and when I checked in online, they were both noted there.

In my fax (that I will be sending Tuesday), I prioritized our requests: first being the same room, then the location. We really want to stay in Casitas 4 or 5.

Good luck! Maybe we'll run into each other! :goodvibes

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked & answered, but I understand they have a busines center here - can you use computers for free to check email, etc. or is there a charge? I know there is a charge for internet in the room, but DH does not want to bring laptop as it belongs to his company, but we may want to get on computer a couple times. TIA!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

I think you get 5 or 10 minutes of computer time free at the bus centre...long enough to check in on your airline or check email, but not much else.

is the closure permanent or temporary, do we know when or if they will reopen?

Sign on the Building said "seasonal"...which makes me think it was temporary...but according to Kathy's post LINK ...it should have been open?

So my best guess is... :confused3.

Hi. We are arriving late on the 14th and free dining doesn't begin until the 16th. The tickets have to be purchased as part of the package to get free dining, so we don't get our tickets till the 16th. The only way to work it out was to get a room only reservation the first two nights, followed by the package with park tickets and free dining for the next seven nights. We could only add on at the beginning of our trip, not the end because of a work conflict.

It's not really worth it to us to buy four 1 day tickets for the 15th, so we plan to spend the day at the pool, wander around CSR to see the grounds, have an OOP adr at Captain's Grille for dinner and an Illuminations Cruise that night. Even though we have no park tickets, I think it will still be a nice first day.

You may want to check back with another CM b/c we are arriving on a blackout date for free dining and got in for our whole stay. We arreive 11/25 and FD stats back 11/29. We were able to make one ressie and have FD for our whole stay. It is my understanding that this is the way it works across the board. If part of your stay in included in FD, you get the whole stay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here!

Hi!

We just booked our first stay at CSR but now I'm second guessing myself.

We did a junior suite. It is us and 5 kids (but youngest is under 3).

Now I keep seeing that two rooms are less than the price of a suite, so I'm wondering if we should have done adjoining rooms instead. Any input one way or another?

I know that you probably already know this but be sure to ask for connecting, and not adjoining rooms to be sure to get a connecting door between the rooms, if this is the way you go. If it were me I would just get the connecting rooms.

We just booked this resort for less than we had paid for the All-Star Movie due to great advice I found on the boards.

2. Are babies with swim diapers allowed in the pool? Yes

SOOOOOO EXCITED...!!!:goodvibes

I booked CSR way back in May & my DH changed several times, but we're finally back @ CSR and I'm SO happy!!!:cool1: BUT, we're wanting to add one more night on the front-end, but no availability. :sad1: So, does this mean just keep trying or is there any way to book at another resort just for that one night and still be able to keep my res # the same. That would be nice as I'd get one more yummy night of free dining. TIA if anyone has any ideas or insight.

p.s. I noticed Expedia has a room at the Dolphin for $109.00 & CR also has something for $189.00, but I'd rather stay in one place.

I want to have a case of water delivered when we stay in Oct. Is there any charge for having the front desk hold it for me?

Down to 13 days!!!! I am literally spending every second on these boards at this point when Im home from work. I really need to get out.

Can't wait to be back home at CSR!

Down to 13 days!!!! I am literally spending every second on these boards at this point when Im home from work. I really need to get out.

Can't wait to be back home at CSR!

Have a great trip. CSR is a great resort. I had originally booked my room only ressie for december (going solo once again) at AS Sports but switched it to CSR. I am going to pamper myself and get a message.:cool1::cool1:

SOOOOOO EXCITED...!!!:goodvibes

I booked CSR way back in May & my DH changed several times, but we're finally back @ CSR and I'm SO happy!!!:cool1: BUT, we're wanting to add one more night on the front-end, but no availability. :sad1: So, does this mean just keep trying or is there any way to book at another resort just for that one night and still be able to keep my res # the same. That would be nice as I'd get one more yummy night of free dining. TIA if anyone has any ideas or insight.

p.s. I noticed Expedia has a room at the Dolphin for $109.00 & CR also has something for $189.00, but I'd rather stay in one place.

There is no way to book elsewhere and keep it as part of the same reservation. Each resort is its own reservation. You will need to book another package to get free dining, which will need to include at least a 1 day base ticket for everyone in your party. Doesn't matter if it's before or after your CSR reservation.

I'd book elsewhere for 1 night and still keep calling to get a cancellation.

Keep calling, we had a 7 night stay booked, then decided to add 2 more nights and called, nothing avail...........BUT I kept calling and did get to add the extra 2 nights......Is your heart set on CSR, if not see if you can stay at different resort?????

Sorry for the repost but, what's the best section of of the hotel to stay in if we are just going to hang out at the hotel for a day with small kids and goto the pools/dig site? Can you request a specific building at booking time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter