• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is NOT a spa like the Grand Floridian, Saratoga, etc. You can get a massage the Coronado (there are rooms by the fitness center for this service). There is also a salon next to the fitness center where they do nails, facials, etc.

http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_salon.asp

Thank you!! I actually ment salon, no massage for me (I don't want anyone rubbing my fat:scared1:) Just a plain old pedi is all I need. Thanks again:thumbsup2
Laurie

That looks like suuuuch a lovely idea. Like the idea of working out the kinks after a few days in the parks...

Hello everyone!! I would like to know if the pools are heated. This must be one of those obvious newbie questions, but I cannot see a readily available answer. I see where some swim sometimes in December......I just would like to know if the pools are heated?

Thank you all in advance!!

Also, is the resort pretty at Christmas time?

Thanks again, :flower3:

Hello everyone!! I would like to know if the pools are heated. This must be one of those obvious newbie questions, but I cannot see a readily available answer. I see where some swim sometimes in December......I just would like to know if the pools are heated?

Thank you all in advance!!

Also, is the resort pretty at Christmas time?

Thanks again, :flower3:

Yes, all Disney pools are heated (I'm not sure to exactly what temp).

Here are a few pictures of the CSR at Christmas time:

christmas1.jpg

christmas2.jpg

christmas3.jpg

christmas4.jpg

christmas5.jpg

Quick question regarding the Cabanas...

Do you feel that 9b is close enough to The Dig site? I see on the map there seems to be a bridge of some kind...looks like it could be close to the Dig and also...I guess what I'm thinking is 9b gives you the best of both worlds...close for the kids to the dig and also not too far from the main areas, i.e. lobby, etc. Am I correct? Or have I just confused everyone reading this as I am now that I typed it!!!:lmao:

ALSO...in my reservation that they emailed me it says: Preference: Cabanas 9B not GTD. What does GTD mean? I"m sure it is something so simple...lol...but do you think I can figure it out!!

I noticed too on my reservation that they have noted that I would like a crib in the room...it says Crib:not full size. My daughter will be 2 1/2 and I don't think a pack-n-play will be long enough for her. Do they offer full size cribs and also...is there enough room for one?

Quick question regarding the Cabanas...

Do you feel that 9b is close enough to The Dig site? I see on the map there seems to be a bridge of some kind...looks like it could be close to the Dig and also...I guess what I'm thinking is 9b gives you the best of both worlds...close for the kids to the dig and also not too far from the main areas, i.e. lobby, etc. Am I correct? Or have I just confused everyone reading this as I am now that I typed it!!!:lmao:

ALSO...in my reservation that they emailed me it says: Preference: Cabanas 9B not GTD. What does GTD mean? I"m sure it is something so simple...lol...but do you think I can figure it out!!

GTD means -- not guaranteed.

I've not stayed in the Cabanas (only the Casitas) so I'm not real up on the walk from that area, but I can tell you it is not that far at all...five minutes max over the bridge maybe to the pool.

Yes, all Disney pools are heated (I'm not sure to exactly what temp).

Here are a few pictures of the CSR at Christmas time:

christmas1.jpg

christmas2.jpg

christmas3.jpg

christmas4.jpg

christmas5.jpg

Oh, thank you so much for your quick response!! I really appreciate it! AND THANK YOU for the pictures!! The resort looks beautiful!! I cannot wait to see it in person.....I am so excited!!

Thanks again,
:santa::flower3:

Thanks Kat for the quick reply! Now don't I feel like an idiot...Not GTD...of course...Not Guaranteed...I knew it would be something simple!!!:confused3

:rotfl:

We stayed in 9b and had no problems whippin over to the Dig Site or the Main building. i think it was all of 5 minutes to each location?!

Great new thread KatMark. :thumbsup2 I have been away from the thread for awhile so I have to ask, Where is Buzz? I notice that he hasn't posted on this new thread. Just wondering if all is well.

We are approaching 30 days :dance3:

Does CSR have programs for children? I have seen that some resorts do...My boys are 6yrs and 8yrs...

Does CSR offer babysitting for the evening?
I don't know if I would be comfortable leaving my children with a stranger..Has anyone done this?

NEWFanNY, my kids LOVED the Neverland Club! The CM's there made them feel very welcome, they had a blast & asked if they could go again. Made our adults night out for dinner very relaxing to know they were in good hands.

Thank you SO much for this great thread and all the time you put into it!!! We are going for the first time in October and the more I read the more excited we get! Thanks again! :woohoo:

That's too bad. :sad1:

You are doing a fantastic job KatMark. I really enjoy how much you love CSR and I'm glad you enjoy sharing your wealth of information with all of us. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the kind words. It easy to do when you love something!

Thank you SO much for this great thread and all the time you put into it!!! We are going for the first time in October and the more I read the more excited we get! Thanks again! :woohoo:

Thank you, too. I'm glad you are enjoying the thread. I always tell people if they end up liking CSR half as much as us, we'll be thrilled--because we love it.

Just wondering if anyone knows when the resort gets decorated for Christmas? We'll be staying at CSR for the first time and we were hoping that it would be done up before Thanksgiving. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter