Coronado Springs or POP - second guessing as usual

athumann

Mouseketeer
I wish I could make a reservation and not second guess it. I have a quick trip planned next week and have POP reserved and am having a hard time getting excited. I know, I should just be happy to be going and trust me I am but I suffer from chronic indecisiveness. I have stayed at POP before and I know it will suit my needs fine but there is this little voice in my head that I can't ignore and it's telling me to treat myself and upgrade.

So here are my options: Pop Century, Coronado Springs for $220 more for the 4 nights or Animal Kingdom Lodge for $550 more. I have pretty much eliminated Animal Kingdom because that is a big difference but I keep thinking about CS since it isn't that much more. I've never stayed there and honestly the theme and size of the resort has never really appealed to me, but it gets such good reviews I'm really considering it. It will be myself and my 19 year old daughter and we will probably NOT have time for the pools. We will be trying to cram a lot into 4 days.

I really hate the busses at POP, always so crowded but maybe CS is just as bad, I don't know. I would just love to have some input. Do I just stick with POP and save that $200 for fun stuff or is CS worth upgrading for?

Thanks so much in advance, by the way I need to decide this today!!! :(

I love both places but if I can swing the price difference without too much pain always go with CSR. Beds more comfy if for no other reason.

I'd stay at pop if u won't use the pool and think pop buses are bad (because they are good in comparison: only one stop, and can always take AoA back home from the park if it arrives first(easy walk over the bridge to pop); and csr has many bus stops. Many people say csr has good bus service, so probably just me, but I've stayed all levels of resorts and waited the longest for a bus consistently at csr. But I would stay at csr for the pool and ambience and theming.)

Pop. Especially if you are not going to have time to enjoy what sets a moderate apart - the pools with slides, sit down restaurant, etc.

FWIW - worst bus service we have ever and was CSR. Best we have ever had is Pop.

i would stay with POP/ just got back from CSR and had a wonderful room in the cabanas section / I would hate to have been in the Ranchos - just don't like that theme. Yes the queen beds were nice but i can't say they were any more comfortable than the doubles at POP. Not a breakfast person and made coffee in the room each morning - but if I had to go to
Cafe Rix to fill up the mug in the mornings I could see where it would have been very crowded - that place is small. Never went into
Pepper market though - having stayed at both - I would save the money and stay at POP

I'd upgrade to CSR in a heart beat. For us it was the best bus service we ever had at WDW. The rides were so close to all the parks. And all the little extras you get make it worth the bump

OMG CSR without hesitating. The size of the rooms...for the linens (you get deluxe quality) and the towels...have you seen the towels at POP...you can see thru them. Did I mention the size of the room, having an area to change behind doors near bathroom, not a curtain. The size of the beds. It is worth every penny more. CSR is a hidden gem of Disney.

If you really will not use the amenities then I would stay with POP. I love the moderates, but if the one you are considering just does not appeal, and you will not be there much anyway, why change?
I booked CSR last December because it was the least expensive moderate available for a last minute trip to see the Lights one last time. IT is a gorgeous resort, and it has so many amenities, but honestly, I ended up wishing I was not so cheap! I just did not like it. There was nothing wrong, and a lot right with our stay, but I just did not care for the resort. I guess that I should have listened to myself when I booked because we do spend time at the resort, theming makes a difference It sounds like you are not driven to stay at CSR, it is the best of the options you have available, and you do not plan to spend much time there anyway. I would not spend extra under your circumstances. Now if you were planning to enjoy the amenities, that, different.

I appreciate everyone's responses. I decided to stick with POP, this is a short trip so we will be cramming as much park time in as we can and will probably be at the resort very little. I haven't stayed in a value in years and am just having a hard time getting excited. I really want to go deluxe and can get Wilderness Lodge for about $466 more but I just keep thinking about all the stuff I can buy with that. If I had more down time scheduled and more family members present it would be a no brainer but for this quick last minute trip I'm going to be practical!

I've stayed at both and am glad to see you're sticking with POP. Like you said, you'll hardly be there. Save your splurging money for when you can enjoy your resort.

I think you're on exactly the right track to me, OP! I've stayed at a few deluxes and I've really enjoyed it, but I always plan in extra time to enjoy the resort. Otherwise it doesn't feel like it would be worth it to me. Personally I might have upgraded to CSR (I love the resort) but it sounds like POP makes a lot of sense for this particular trip for you. I hope you have a great time!

I'd pick CSR over AKL even if the prices were the exact same, to be honest.

Pop sounds like it would be the better choice for you.
And if you are concerned about the buses, $220 would pay for a lot of taxi or uber rides.

I'd pick CSR over AKL even if the prices were the exact same, to be honest.

I'm curious to hear more! is it that you love CSR, or that you dislike AKL? we've stayed at both and there are definitely some differences--how does CSR edge out AKL?

We love CSR and the buses were great. Although we were there the beginning of Nov. if that makes a difference.

I'm curious to hear more! is it that you love CSR, or that you dislike AKL? we've stayed at both and there are definitely some differences--how does CSR edge out AKL?

I'll put in the disclaimer that we've never actually stayed at AKL, but have eaten there twice. We did stay at WL, and like CSR much, much more.

We like the outside entry to rooms, rather than the typical "hotel" feel, with the inside corridors. Outside of the Beach Club, I don't think you can top the pool at CSR, and the food options there are fantastic. AKL's good in that regard, too. While I like the Savannah View thing at AKL, I prefer the look and feel of the resort-surrounding lake at CSR better, and love the beach theme of the Cabanas. Busing is great as CSR, though it's probably good at AKL as well.

We did walk around AKL after dining at Jiko a few years back, and the pool and the general grounds didn't "wow" us the way CSR does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter