• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs or Carribean Beach

queenreen

Mouseketeer
So I am surprising my DD, who loves Pop, with a stay before our cruise, just for the weekend.

Both of these hotels are almost the same price as POP for the nights I need, i would like to get some opinions.

Can you tell me which you would prefer and tell me a little about the pool, more than one, water slides, etc.

Or would you still prefer Pop above the other two?

TIA

I haven't stayed at POP, but I have stayed at the other two and prefer the Coronado Springs - mostly for the onsite eating options.

Plus - I almost stepped on a giant snake at the CBR and vowed never to go back! :scared:

Cheers,

I have stayed at all 3 and by far Coronado is the best. Their pool is great, busing is way better and pepper market is an awesome place to eat. Also you get 2 queen beds to sleep in !!

I've stayed at CBR and CSR with my family. We enjoyed CBR more, due to the theming, pools, and layout of the resort. We did think that the food was better at CSR, though.

The pool at CBR thas a great little kids play area and two water slides in the main pool. The pool and dining are also right next to each other. At CSR they're seperate.

The landscaping is great at CBR and they pipe in music everywhere.

CSR was ok, but it didn't wow us.

I'd stay CSR for the bigger beds and better food. I think CBR probably has a better pool but the pool at CSR when we last went was pretty nice too and my kids enjoyed it. The slide looks fun!

How old is your DD? CSR has a better pool and slide for elementary and older kids, and as well as taller or more adventurous preschoolers. CBR has a pirate ship splash area, but the maximum height is 48 inches. I think CBR has two slides - one shorter and one longer. CSR's slide is longer and faster than the one at CBR.

CSR has very comfortable queen beds. CBR still has double beds.

dont forget that at CSR pool area there is a quick service/food available. so you wont need to go to the pepper market for food. bonus!:thumbsup2

In 2 words...Coronado Springs////////Because of Everything:thumbsup2...Nuff said

Past history says CSR, but I will have a better idea in a few days!!!:cool1:

We have not stayed at CSR, but I would take POP over CBR any day. We preferred the theme, the room, the size, the food court, the busses, much more at POP than CBR.

When we stayed at CBR over POP last year, we kept saying we should have stayed at POP...

We have stayed twice at both places. I think CSR has more of a wow factor. Queen beds were nice at CSR & the Pepper Market is a good plce to eat.

I say go with CSR!

We just finished up with our 4th stay at CSR today and just cannot say enough great things about this resort.

I have stayed at both CSR and CBR this month, and there is no question...CSR all the way. Caribbean Beach might be my least favorite hotel at Disney, and I've stayed in them all...

I have stayed at both CSR and CBR this month, and there is no question...CSR all the way. Caribbean Beach might be my least favorite hotel at Disney, and I've stayed in them all...

Yep:thumbsup2 What she said....

Hey All, Long time Lurker, first time poster. I've stayed at both resorts. Personally I prefer CBR over Coronado. I like that the quick service dining is just that and you don't have servers that you have to tip. Coronado is really nice but the resort was just too big for me. There are a lot of family activities there like movie nights and marsh mellow roasts. CBR has good food and the rooms are very nice, the food is really good, they have a great Table service place with authentic Jamaican and other Carribean foods. It's got a bus that runs to each of the sections which i like after a long day at the parks! :cheer2:

Have stayed at both. Was booked at CSR for our upcoming trip until I found out that both breakfast and lunch are buffet....that does not work for our family. Dh likes a full breakfast, kids will easily split and I am good with a coffee and granola bar. Dont like the idea that I can not sit with my family durring breakfast unless I also pay for the buffet.

I think CSR has a good pool with lots of visual area if you are a watcher rather than a swimmer. Love having a CS location at the pool side.

CBR- love the theme, like that I can sit with the family while they eat breakfast, pool is GREAT for preschool aged children

I haven't stayed in all the WDW resorts, but have stayed in alot of them (including Pop several times and all four of the moderates more than once). I was just at CSR May 5th-12th in fact. I agree CSR is by far the best and CBR is definitely my least favorite moderate. I'd rank them:

1. CSR (most comfortable beds, best bus service, biggest hot tub, best food court, can get food right at the pool, longest slide
2. POFQ (but a close tie to CSR)
3. PORS
4. Pop
5. CBR (worst bus service every time we've been, not a fan of their food court options, only full size beds, feels alot bigger, bad housekeeping every time we've been, main pool and hot tub always packed)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter