Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
I'm planning our May trip and have really only stayed in Value Resorts before. My parents are going to be going with us this time (total of 4 adults and 2 kids), and we'll probably be spending more time at the resort than we have before, so I thought we may upgrade to the Moderates this time. Which one do you guys think we would enjoy more? They both look pretty cool. We live on the beach, so the "beach theme" wouldn't be new to us, but this resort does like nice. I guess I'm basically trying to figure out which one the kids would enjoy the most. We've got a 6 year old and 2 year old. My 6 year old would love a great pool with a really cool slide, whereas the 2 year old is going to be more interested in the coolest playground. We're going to spend one day at Blizzard Beach, and my parents are not going. While I know they could go to Downtown Disney, they would probably enjoy hanging out at the hotel if there was nice grounds to walk around, etc. We also would need connecting rooms, so as to alleviate the fights every night as to who the kids are going to sleep with. :rolleyes: So, which one do you veterans prefer?

I've only stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort out of all the moderates, but I know you won't go wrong with either one. If you'd like, you can click on the links below to see my pictures and comments about CBR.

Enjoy your trip!!! :)

We stayed at both CBR and CSR for the past two trips and love both of them! I think CSR has a bigger, better pool with a great slide! It also has a kiddie pool for the little one. I can't coment on playgrounds at either resort b/c I never noticed them. Then again we are a young couple without children so maybe we wouldn't notice! :) We prefer CSR for their food court over CBR because we felt the quality of food was better b/c most of it is fresh. (If you eat in the food court you do get that 10% gratuity added though if you take out, they take it off.)
CBR has beautiful grounds for taking walks and a lovely beach area. CSR also has great grounds and we prefer it b/c each of the 3 sections is so different it really gives you something to look at, not the same villages with different colors like CBR. CSR is or atleast seems a lot bigger and may take longer to get around if you are not close to the main buildings and food. CSR's Cabanas seems to be close to everything.
I did notice there were definitely more children at CBR than CSR but that may have been a fluke thing during our visit. This however, did contirbute to an overcrowded main pool area.We also had a hard time with overcrowded buses at CBR and found the CSR buses to always be empty. Maybe it has to do with conventions at CSR. So, you have to weigh things out. We loved both resorts but decided to go with CSR again for our upcoming honeymoon b/c we just felt everything was one notch up from CBR (food, service, room, scenery, pools, etc). :)
Not sure if I was of any help but best of luck!

:jester: I Love the Coronado Springs Resort! The pool is very special... The children will love the play area...::yes::
I would stay here just for the pool and play area for the little ones. The resort is great for adults too!

You will Love it...
July:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter