Coronado Springs Moderate Resort vs Pop

DisneyJana

Earning My Ears
We always stay at the POP and LOVE IT! I am considering upgrading to the moderate to get the better dining plan.

We have stayed at Riverside before and like it but do not like waiting for all of the bus stops!

What are your opinions on the Coronado Springs Resort? Does it have tons of bus stops????

Thanks

I just checked there is 5. but we really didn't have long waits & they are covered with pop machines. And we did not have along walk to ours. CSR is a nice resort. Very pretty. Loved having Queen Beds. We liked the food options just the same as Pop. Would it be my first choice for a Mod Resort no we liked POFQ better.

Kae

We always stay at the POP and LOVE IT! I am considering upgrading to the moderate to get the better dining plan.

We have stayed at Riverside before and like it but do not like waiting for all of the bus stops!

What are your opinions on the Coronado Springs Resort? Does it have tons of bus stops????

Thanks

Stayed at both. Like Pop, but definitely prefer CSR. Rooms are bigger and have queen beds/dividers/fridges, prefer the pool/hot tub area and love the Mexican beach resort theming. We like to stay in Cabanas 9b--close to El Centro, the walkway to the pool area and Bus Stop 1.

Thanks

There are four bus stops at the Coronado (one in each section and then the main building before heading to the parks. We normally rent a car, but we have taken a bus on two occasions on recent trips and we waited five minutes for a bus at the last pick-up before leaving for the parks, and we always had a seat. However, as with any resort, you can have a bad morning or afternoon for buses.

We just made the switch:dance3:. I originaly booked at Pop, and although we have been happy there in the past we decided to try something new. Very excited:cool1: Good ;uck with your decision.

A million times over I would pick POP. :duck::duck:. We have stayed at both.
For us CSR was just waaaay to huge and we honestly spent the most time on buses there out of any of the other resorts we have stayed at (ASMovies, POP, POFQ,Poly,AKL).

Depends on your family and priorities. After multiple stays at the values we stayed at CSR last June and would absolutely return to Pop over CSR.

The queen beds are a definite plus (as was having a fridge and coffee pot), but with two small kids the traditional food court at Pop is a game-changer for us. The CSR modified food court is known to be divisive . . . you love it or you hate it, and we hated it. I might consider another moderate (though our next trip is to a deluxe because of business travel), but not CSR.

Bus service was pretty good, but we still felt far away from everything and the resort itself IS massive.

FWIW we also had a fair number of service issues (things not working in the room, trouble getting service), but I think those were just bad luck.

We love CSR...the wait for buses isn't too bad and the queen sized beds are a big plus for us! We have two children (6 & 4) and they love the pool area at CSR.

We stayed at the CSR, and just loved it. If you have older kids you will probably need 2 rooms.
We loved the food court. Everyone had multiple choices to eat from. My husband said there steak in the main dining room was one of the best steaks he has ever eaten.
We also love the mexican/spanish look. It is a beautiful resort. The pool is to die for. Hope some of this helps.;)

Stayed several times at POP and I would not be happy with more than the 2 of us there (unless I had very young children). Also I have had to stand on the buses MANY times at POP and wait in the corrals in the sun. I would rather make a few stops than stand coming and going from the parks everyday but that's my opinion.
CSR is a VERY NICE mod. We prefer it over AKL (thought we had just as much room). When we got a rate for only $25 more per nite (room-only discount) we switched from POP to CSR for our upcoming Dec. trip.

We like CSR better than both the Poly and Grand Floridian club level so you know to us it's pretty special. The grounds are beautiful, we love the pool, the CMs are over the top nice, and the food is delicious. It is the first resort I check when planning our trips.

Thanks

Have stayed at both and prefer CSR; however, I enjoy Pop when I'm going "commando".
Basically, it boils down to your preferences and what you are looking for in a resort. Will you just be sleeping there, or do you use the resort, like we do? The Dig Site at CSR is amazing--slide is so fun, huge playground area next to the pool, and a hottub. I also prefer queen beds, covered bus stops and a fridge in the room. I will agree with the PP and say that The Pop food court has more kid friendly items, however. Both resorts have been refurbed recently too.
HTH!

We just returned from a wonderful stay at CSR and would definitely choose it over Pop any day! No comparison in my book.:thumbsup2

If you are sold on upgrading to a mod for the dining plan, then go ahead and go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed in CSR. It's beautiful day and night. The Dig Site pool is GREAT. The rooms are very nice; I love the bathroom area sliding doors (vs the curtain). The Queen vs Double isn't much of an issue for me. I've stayed at POP many, many times (and will again Dec 12-17!) and have also stayed at CSR. Personally I'll stay at POP over CSR, but that's personal. The bus stops (@CSR)are quick in my opinion(with the exception of loading/unloading ECVs). I stayed in the Cabanas section and it was a pretty good trade as third stop in, next to last out. And if you arrange your departure through El Centro (a lovely walk from Cabanas and Casitas) even better! POFQ is my personal fave mod, but the CSR bus route feels a lot faster when compared to making ALL of the possible POFQ/R stops. Again, personally I think I've only made ALL of the PO stops once or twice and never when I was on a deadline. Food: I am one of the few who can not stand Pepper Market. Great idea, poor execution. I mean, I really, really, REALLY dislike it- so if resort food options are an important consideration during my trip I will always rule out CSR. I don't think you can ever "mess up" a Disney trip, so go with what works best for you in the big picture and don't sweat the small stuff!

I have stayed at POP, POR and CSR, so all of your resorts mentioned and I can tell you that the CSR bus route is much quicker than POR's. POR when it shares with FQ takes longer and even when they don't share, CSR's is just a bit quicker and almost always less crowded. Being a convention resort, a lot of the guests are not going to the parks much, in the day in particular so it makes for a much less crowded experience.

I really enjoy the values, Pop and ASMU are my two favorites but I have to say, a moderate is always my preferance. And CSR is tops on our list along with POR, but the newly redone rooms with queen beds and the better bussing situation really make CSR sort of hard to compete with for the other mods for those two criteria.

I would go with CSR, for the better dining and just a more upscale resort experience if the extra $$ will not be a problem. We just did 10 nights on the QSDP and we did the same thing last trip and I have to say, I was missing my sit down meals!

We have stayed at both in the last year, and love them both. CSR does have the advantage of Queen beds and fridges, plus seems much quieter, but keep in mind it is HUGE. We were close to ElCentro and it was a 5 minute walk to get coffee in the AM.

We'd be back at CSR in Feb, but decided to book a pirate room at CBR for the same price as we don't know how long DS (9) will be on his pirate kick... better enjoy it while we can. I expect we will be back at CSR in 2012... that is if I can resist buying a DVC resale since DW would love to stay at AKL or BLT every trip :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter