CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I FOUND YOU! I knew you were going to start a new thread and noticed the old one was closed, but had not come across the new one until tonight! You have done a great job! THANKS for all the information!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
It's still a work in progress.

CSR has 4 conveniently located bus stops, one in each of the villages and one at the main building. None of the buildings are far from a bus stop.

The ranchos are the furthest from the main building so getting to the restaurants and lobby are far but there are 3 options. Use the Internal Shuttle System, take a bus to the main building or walk.

WALK
The distance around the whole lake is just under a mile (.97 miles).

Walking Distances
From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake path to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas
= .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles
Rancho 7b = .35 miles

INTERNAL SHUTTLE
CSR offers an internal shuttle system to help guests get around the resort. The internal shuttle is now called the courtesy coach. CSR has a new extra long golf cart that is lime green. The courtesy coach only goes in one direction and will make flag stops along the route if there is room on the cart. It is being utilized by many guests.

w8xjkx.jpg

vmtcg8.jpg

I was sporadically getting email updates on the old thread. Hopefully, it will be more consistent with this one.

I'm looking forward to my trip 3/24-3/30 with DW, DS(11), and DD(8).

I just noticed the internal shuttle runs only till 11pm. Is there help with bags after that time? I am checking in around midnight (and will be exhausted as I start out early that morning. I am wondering if should change my room closer to El Cerntro. Thanks

I just noticed the internal shuttle runs only till 11pm. Is there help with bags after that time? I am checking in around midnight (and will be exhausted as I start out early that morning. I am wondering if should change my room closer to El Cerntro. Thanks
The courtesy shuttle and bell services are separate. One has nothing to do with the other. They also use different carts. Bell services is probably open 24/7.

High speed internet and Wi-Fi are available to guests staying at CSR.

Guests with Wi-Fi enabled laptop computers or PDA's will be able to access the Internet from the common areas at CSR. Smart City is the vendor providing this service and 24-hour technical support for those Guests who need it. Smart City will bill the Guest using a secure credit card transaction via the on-screen Internet connection. Requirements: Requires a wireless interface card (WIC), available for purchase in the resort's business center.

Price: $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Coronado Springs WiFi areas include the Main Lobby, Convention Center hallway, the Dig Site (Feature Pool), Francisco's

CSR has elevators in every building.

1zzrxua.jpg
Buzz, I'm not trying to be snarky, so please don't get mad at me but do the elevators look like this on purpose? For atmosphere? I thought this was a picture from the Tower of Terror at first! :lmao:
Thank you for the all the pictures. Now if September will ever get here so I can see this all in person!

Thanks so much for this thread! It is making it a bit easier for me to give up my ressie at the Poly for the CSR!

When I spoke to the AAA TA tonight she asked me if I wanted a preferred room location. Is that a request or is it an actual room to book like in the values?

Well it's official - Me, DH, and my mom and dad will be staying at CSR April 28th-May 2nd, 2009 after staying April 25th-28th at POP. We are sooooooooooooo excited!!! This thread is wonderful!! Thanks for all the great info!

vra5ia.jpg

$16.71 per night

Thanks for this pic! We are going in June and hoping to rent a cot. We are also planning on bringing a twin airbed so everyone has their own bed. My DH and I cannot do the double bed thing and my two kids do not do well together in one bed, so not wanting to spend over 4,000 on a room, we were hoping to try this arrangement at a moderate. My question is, will a twin airbed fit by the door, in addition to the cot? Thanks!

Buzz2001 is totally The Man. We followed his advise for our trip President's week and everything was 100% on !!

Buzz, I'm not trying to be snarky, so please don't get mad at me but do the elevators look like this on purpose? For atmosphere? I thought this was a picture from the Tower of Terror at first! :lmao:
Thank you for the all the pictures. Now if September will ever get here so I can see this all in person!
I don't have a picture of the CSR elevators so I used a ToT picture for some humor. ;)

Thanks so much for this thread! It is making it a bit easier for me to give up my ressie at the Poly for the CSR!

When I spoke to the AAA TA tonight she asked me if I wanted a preferred room location. Is that a request or is it an actual room to book like in the values?
No such thing as a preferred room at CSR. Only waterview and standard view. That said, I would still make a room request. Check out this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=23422912&postcount=5

Thanks for this pic! We are going in June and hoping to rent a cot. We are also planning on bringing a twin airbed so everyone has their own bed. My DH and I cannot do the double bed thing and my two kids do not do well together in one bed, so not wanting to spend over 4,000 on a room, we were hoping to try this arrangement at a moderate. My question is, will a twin airbed fit by the door, in addition to the cot? Thanks!
Yes it will, plenty of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter