CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered in this thread, I tried to find it, but I didn't see anything.

We are thinking about going to Disney World in June '09. We were planning on staying at either WL or AKL due to the queen beds. Is all of CSR going to have queen beds by June or will it still be just some areas and you won't be guaranteed having them unless you book the Business Class Level? What areas currently have queen beds?

Thanks for your help

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered in this thread, I tried to find it, but I didn't see anything.

We are thinking about going to Disney World in June '09. We were planning on staying at either WL or AKL due to the queen beds. Is all of CSR going to have queen beds by June or will it still be just some areas and you won't be guaranteed having them unless you book the Business Class Level? What areas currently have queen beds?

Thanks for your help

Casitas and Ranchos sections already have queen beds in all rooms (unless there are king beds). I believe the Cabanas are just about done...if they aren't already.

Bye everybody! See you all next week with our CSR report!

I'll keep an eye out for you and your beautiful family. I'll be the redhead with the Tinkerbell backpack and lime green Mickey head!

DBurdette,
yes, we had "attempted" to get the bus at the main building. Won't make that mistake again as it is the last stop for the theme park loop. That evening we went back to Epcot, but grabbed the bus from one of the other bus stops out back.

Can anyone confirm, will my 13" & very thin (less than an inch thick) Macbook Air laptop fit in the in-room wall safe @ CSR???

There was plenty of space in the AKL safe on our recent stay & I just assumed a resort catering to business clientele would have the same. I read one thread where someone states their laptop will fit in any of the value resorts. But now I just read a recent thread where someone states that @ CSR they aren't big enough.

:confused: Someone, say it aint so...

Hey everyone! By any chance, does anyone know how much a gallon of milk costs at Panchito's? Or would you guys recommend stopping at Publix or Walgreens and picking some up? Thanks for any and all help!

Here's a photo of the safe at CSR.

2ch8igy.jpg

Hey everyone! By any chance, does anyone know how much a gallon of milk costs at Panchito's? Or would you guys recommend stopping at Publix or Walgreens and picking some up? Thanks for any and all help!
Panchito's only sells half gallons. Milk is definitely cheaper off site.

w06vbt.jpg

So sad to be back. The resort is as beautiful as always. We stayed in the Casitas this time (Casitas 3, room 3130 - perfect location!). We were close to El Centro, the walk to the pool was longer than we'd had in the past when we were in the Cabana's but not a problem as it was a beautiful walk!

We were there 10/8 - 10/13 and the place was PACKED!!!! I've beent here 3 or 4 times before and never seen it so busy with families! I think the secret is out!!! Usually the halls are empty and the pepper market is too, but the place was hopping! It was festive and nice to see all the activity, but it was definitely different than I had seen in the past.

One of the things I love about CSR is the bus service. We've never in the past had to even stand on a bus. This trip, we were heading out to Epcot on Friday 10/10, and 2 busses came by and told us they were FULL. We couldn't even get on! Another family told us they had watched 3 busses stop and tell them they were full. Fortunately we had our car, so my DH decided to go that route instead. We'd already waited 25 minutes and couldn't get on a bus, so we decided to drive.

A big HR Block convention came in later in the weekend, so maybe that helped thin out the crowds ....

Still, it was lovely. The resort was beautiful as always... and even with the crowds, it was quiet and peaceful in the rooms.
Welcome back! Thanks for sharing!! That's why I love it when there is a large convention, it definitely helps with the pool and buses.

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Bring on the magic. I paid off our Christmas trip tonight!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Add that to the new car I got on Friday and this is the bestest birthday week!! :wizard: :love: :cloud9:

I cannot wait to get to CSR and my travel agent has rocked with all her help and now to start packing. :scared1:

OK - We are now only 28 days out! Yes, 28 DAYS!! I cannot wait, it seems like forever! Any way, I know this is a redundant question but I need tips on location. All of the these threads kind of scare me as to the size of the resort. Is it actually that HUGE? :scared1: Anyway, from what I can tell, we definitely don't want to be in the Ranchos section, and I was kind of leaning toward requesting the Cabanas (along with everyone else). What are the pros and cons between the Cabanas and the Casitas? Of course, our priorities lie with access to food and the to the pool. Can anyone tell me the distances between the different buildings to these locations? I would like to know which to request. :confused3 Also, any news of renovations starting? We'll be there Nov. 13 -19 and I was wondering about the beds upgrade as well as renovations. Anyway, any input would be appreciated! Thanks to all. :worship: :goodvibes

OK - We are now only 28 days out! Yes, 28 DAYS!! I cannot wait, it seems like forever! Any way, I know this is a redundant question but I need tips on location. All of the these threads kind of scare me as to the size of the resort. Is it actually that HUGE? :scared1: Anyway, from what I can tell, we definitely don't want to be in the Ranchos section, and I was kind of leaning toward requesting the Cabanas (along with everyone else). What are the pros and cons between the Cabanas and the Casitas? Of course, our priorities lie with access to food and the to the pool. Can anyone tell me the distances between the different buildings to these locations? I would like to know which to request. :confused3 Also, any news of renovations starting? We'll be there Nov. 13 -19 and I was wondering about the beds upgrade as well as renovations. Anyway, any input would be appreciated! Thanks to all. :worship: :goodvibes

Yes, it is large...but it is not that large. There is walking involved at almost every resort. We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5. It takes me five minutes to walk to the Pepper Market (located in the main building) and about eight minutes to the main pool. The Ranchos are close to the Dig Site pool, but a farther walk to the main building; the Cabanas (depending on which building)are close to the main building and the Dig Site pool.

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Bring on the magic. I paid off our Christmas trip tonight!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Add that to the new car I got on Friday and this is the bestest birthday week!! :wizard: :love: :cloud9:

I cannot wait to get to CSR and my travel agent has rocked with all her help and now to start packing. :scared1:

Congrats! :cheer2: It is such a great feeling. I should have mine paid off by tomorrow!:cool1:

Thanks for the info. I have requested Casita 3 or 4 in hopes of using bus stop 1. I had heard the main bus stop in front can be crowded.

DBurdette,
yes, we had "attempted" to get the bus at the main building. Won't make that mistake again as it is the last stop for the theme park loop. That evening we went back to Epcot, but grabbed the bus from one of the other bus stops out back.

Does anyone know which rooms are being renovated now (Casistas or Cabanas) - and/or which ones will be renovated in the next few weeks? We're heading back in November, and am interested in knowing which Cabanas may be available

TOT

THis question is for anyone who has been to WDW this year on DDP. Now that tips and tax are not included..can you use your Card (Key to the World) to pay or is it cash only?

TIA

TOT

THis question is for anyone who has been to WDW this year on DDP. Now that tips and tax are not included..can you use your Card (Key to the World) to pay or is it cash only?

TIA

Tax is included on the DDP. And yes, we used our Key to the World for our tips at 90% of the places we ate and it was on our CSR bill when we checked out.

Looks like we will be there at the same time!! We are going from November 13 to the 18. We have requested the Cabanas. With DD11 being near the pool is a high priority.

We actually went to get our milk at HESS. I can't remember what it cost at Ponchito's, sorry.

Tax is included on the DDP. And yes, we used our Key to the World for our tips at 90% of the places we ate and it was on our CSR bill when we checked out.

Thanks Kathy for the answer!! Just 22 days away and I'm just covering all my bases. Want to make sure I bring enough cash if necessary.

Thanks again. Can't wait !!:banana: :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter