Coronado Springs during conventions?

hope23

Mouseketeer
We are considering staying at Coronado Springs at the end of October, but I see that they have 2 conventions scheduled during that time. How do you think that would impact our stay at the resort? How does it usually impact things like pools, buses, food courts, etc? Trying to decide if we should stay elsewhere or if its a good thing. Thanks!

Why would conventioneers impact your stay anymore than regular park going guests? If anything, they're a benefit, since they usually are in meetings instead of riding buses. And they are adults networking with each other in tge conference center during the day, so unlikely to be hogging the loungers at the pools.

Now, in the late afternoons or evenings you may see a lot of them in the resort bars and TS restaurants. Outside of el Centro, the only time I really noticed them was in the mornings. I'd be relaxing with my coffee on my favourite bench looking at the lake and they'd be going past me in their business casual attire, looking serious and,well, business like, and pulling their briefcase on wheels behind them. Poor guys.

We've stayed at CSR 3x and there have always been conventions while we were there. I'm sure it's busy year round with scheduled meetings and conventions.

What we've noticed: empty busses to parks (rarely standing room only, seats normally plentiful), the pools aren't normally as busy as at other moderates, the food courts may be busy in waves (but that's not unlike others at main meal times). The biggest thing I've noticed was that the bars can be super busy and noisy at times. It doesn't affect us as we are there with our kids, not hanging out at the bars and lounges. I prefer my drinks at the pool, instead. ;)

I love CSR and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

This is good to know! I will be one of the conventioneers in June! We will be at an education conference at CSR. So lucky to combine my job and hobby!

I'm there for a convention at the end of October. Most of our sessions will likely run 7am-6:30 pm with a number of industry sponsored meals in the convention center. We will have a big shindig Friday night, but I'm not sure where it will be yet. Sometimes it is at the hotel and other times we get a venue (hoping we rent park space!!!). We were at Disneyland a few years ago, and some brought their families with them to enjoy the parks during working hours or before/after the trip.

ETA: our Friday night party is in DinoLand at AK after close until about 10:30, so no resort wildness!

Last edited:

IMO the conventions help with room at the pool and on the buses
Yes, when we were there in September, the first part of our trip there was a convention and the buses were empty. The second half we were sad that the convention was gone, the buses were full and pool busy.

We had our 2 week honeymoon at CSR and loved it. This was early June but there were many times we had empty busses and no problems getting seats at the pool because of how many people were working. The negative impact they had though is that during meal times, Rix and Pepper Market were slammed. We didn't even try to eat at those times.

The couple times we had events, not conventions (dance competition and martial arts tournament), the bus was fine but the food court and pool where crowded at times.
The pool was ok if you didn't want to use the hot tub.
Both of those events are not steady though meaning it doesn't have all people starting/stopping at the same time like many conventions so the people were spread out more across the resort

We looked at CSR for 2016 and we did wonder about the impact conventions have on buses and the pool. Decided to book POR and take a day trip and have a look around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter