Coronado Springs Cleanliness?

Boardwalk529

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stated at CS recently? I have reservations at the BC for March and was seriously thinking about changing to CS as it's $200 a night less. However, I was reading reviews on Tripadvisor and there are several complaints about rooms being dirty. I'm always worried about germs and bed bugs as it is, so this has me very reluctant to change!

One of those reviews on Trip Advisor (and Yelp) is mine and quite honestly you are right that apparently there have been a lot of negative reviews lately regarding housekeeping issues at CSR.

When we got there two weeks ago our room had no TP in it, the roll on the spool was already started, two of the handles on the dresser were broken and there was some "hair" behind the bathroom door.

It was after 8pm when we got to our room and after seeing these irregularities I called to get more TP and to have the hair cleaned up and naturally nobody ever came.

Day two in the morning I called again before we left for AK and when we got back to our room we now had multiple rolls of TP but our bath towels were taken, the dresser handles were not fixed and the hair had not been cleaned up. I stopped a guy on one of their golf carts who was by our building (6B) and told him what was going on and he said that he would get the bath towels but I would have to call housekeeping/maintenance for everything else.

There is more to the story but to keep it short, by the time we checked out on the 8th the hair had never been cleaned up, I don't think our room was vacuumed once during the week plus the handles on the dresser were never fixed.

We were there during a very busy time and my own personal opinion as someone who has worked in the hospitality industry for fifteen years is that they were understaffed and had waaay too many trainees present with not enough trainers and certainly not enough managers since none were ever present to speak with unless I wanted to change our touring plan to speak with one during regular business hours.

So yeah right now I personally am down on CSR and there is no way I would ever spend another nickel there considering our room was unclean/not ready and the staff I encountered seemed very unconcerned/going thru the motions about dealing it. I will note that neither my wife or I am complainers by nature and I think that in dealing with castmembers about issues, being shall we say a jerk goes a long way because being nice sure as hell gets you nowhere.

One of those reviews on Trip Advisor (and Yelp) is mine and quite honestly you are right that apparently there have been a lot of negative reviews lately regarding housekeeping issues at CSR.

When we got there two weeks ago our room had no TP in it, the roll on the spool was already started, two of the handles on the dresser were broken and there was some "hair" behind the bathroom door.

It was after 8pm when we got to our room and after seeing these irregularities I called to get more TP and to have the hair cleaned up and naturally nobody ever came.

Day two in the morning I called again before we left for AK and when we got back to our room we now had multiple rolls of TP but our bath towels were taken, the dresser handles were not fixed and the hair had not been cleaned up. I stopped a guy on one of their golf carts who was by our building (6B) and told him what was going on and he said that he would get the bath towels but I would have to call housekeeping/maintenance for everything else.

There is more to the story but to keep it short, by the time we checked out on the 8th the hair had never been cleaned up, I don't think our room was vacuumed once during the week plus the handles on the dresser were never fixed.

We were there during a very busy time and my own personal opinion as someone who has worked in the hospitality industry for fifteen years is that they were understaffed and had waaay too many trainees present with not enough trainers and certainly not enough managers since none were ever present to speak with unless I wanted to change our touring plan to speak with one during regular business hours.

So yeah right now I personally am down on CSR and there is no way I would ever spend another nickel there considering our room was unclean/not ready and the staff I encountered seemed very unconcerned/going thru the motions about dealing it. I will note that neither my wife or I am complainers by nature and I think that in dealing with castmembers about issues, being shall we say a jerk goes a long way because being nice sure as hell gets you nowhere.

Yikes!! We are staying there in Oct...hope they get it together! Just curious, what area did you stay in???

I think I remember reading your review, and it had me very concerned. Normally when I read a bunch of reviews there are a few complaints, which is just the norm. However there are way too many recent bad reviews for me to attribute it to a couple unhappy guests. I am not an uppity person; I can deal with a room that's seen better days, not so great food options, and long walks, but I do expect a room to be clean, or at least have its issues addressed when housekeeping is called. I'd really like to stay at the CS and save $200 a night, but I just don't know with all the bad reviews lately. It seems like the resort has a housekeeping issue it needs to iron out. Even the Pop Century was spotless when I stayed there (twice!).

Our room was fairly clean maybe just some minor cosmetic stuff but nothing all that serious that I would hardly recognize.

We stayed t CSR and thought it was OK not one of the best disney resort experiences. The room had some cosmetic problems slight problems maybe with the cleaning staff

We have had 3 outstanding stays at CSR totalling 34 nights. Most recently this past December for 12 nights. It's our resort of choice and we have had nothing but great service there. Tripadvisor honestly is a website full of complainers I wouldn't use anything I can find on there to plan a trip.

With the amount of people that they run through Disney resorts you fill find some negative reviews on all their resorts. CSR is the almost Deluxe resort at the Mod price in many people's opinions. Great resort and we will stay there again.

I stayed at this "wonderful" resort in August 12. On day 3 of my stay, I noticed that my sheets had been changed, when I went to pull back the bed, I ended up with a "brown stain" on my hand from the sheets..... It wasn't chocolate... The management all they would do is take a night off of my bill. If I wasn't at a conference and wasn't stuck at Disney, I would have left and stayed at another location without hesitation

I stayed at this "wonderful" resort in August 12. On day 3 of my stay, I noticed that my sheets had been changed, when I went to pull back the bed, I ended up with a "brown stain" on my hand from the sheets..... It wasn't chocolate... The management all they would do is take a night off of my bill. If I wasn't at a conference and wasn't stuck at Disney, I would have left and stayed at another location without hesitation

I remembered your post. You said that after showing the black stuff there was a crew of 7 people cleaning your room ? am I right?

I'm honestly shocked at all of the recent reports of rude cms and dirty rooms at CSR! We have had nothing but amazing experiences there. Everyone has always been kind to us, never had any problems with the rooms. I do hope their standards haven't slipped that far, it's been less than a year since our last stay there.

I agree that CSR is a deluxe at mod prices. We have a weeklong trip planned at the end of Sept. for Food & Wine, I'm hoping for another fantastic stay!

Good grief....that is just awful. Seems to be an uptick in room complaints recently. Wonder if it has to do with the prices going up at the Disney resorts or if they are just not hiring enough housekeeping staff to keep up with the demands.

Has anyone stated at CS recently? I have reservations at the BC for March and was seriously thinking about changing to CS as it's $200 a night less. However, I was reading reviews on Tripadvisor and there are several complaints about rooms being dirty. I'm always worried about germs and bed bugs as it is, so this has me very reluctant to change!

I would never let Trip Advisor determine if I was going to stay someplace or not. People are way more likely to post if they have a problem than if their stay went great. Plus, as was recently shown on another post, people will post about the most ridiculous things making their stay horrible.

Honestly, I would never let on line reviews make me change my mind, if I had it totally made up one way. Each and every resort can have bad housekeeping, staying at the Beach Club won't somehow guarantee you will not. Stay where you want to stay, don't let on line reviews make that choice for you.

Btw, I've stayed at CSR twice and the Beach Club one time. Had good houskeeping at both resorts.

I'm honestly shocked at all of the recent reports of rude cms and dirty rooms at CSR! We have had nothing but amazing experiences there. Everyone has always been kind to us, never had any problems with the rooms. I do hope their standards haven't slipped that far, it's been less than a year since our last stay there.

I agree that CSR is a deluxe at mod prices. We have a weeklong trip planned at the end of Sept. for Food & Wine, I'm hoping for another fantastic stay!

It's the same 3 people posting the same complaints in numerous threads.

We stayed there for one night, Jan 24. I booked my family there for the one night after our cruise because CSR had the best AP rate.

Though I was not impresses with the front desk CMs I had to deal with, I will say that our room was very clean. We were in building 6A, 2nd floor of the Ranchos section.

It is a bigger resort than what I am used to but, I did like how all the paths were very labeled which made it easy to get around. The grounds also were well maintained.

CSR is not my first choice of resorts, but if necessary I would stay there again.

I remembered your post. You said that after showing the black stuff there was a crew of 7 people cleaning your room ? am I right?

Yes there was a large cleaning crew in the room but I had the heebie jeebies even finishing out the stay. I have never encountered that before, and I was truly shocked to have it done at Disney

I am glad that I am not the only one afraid of staying at CSR now after reading a few of the reviews. My wife and I are staying there in May, but after reading a few reviews online, I too am very nervous about the cleanliness of this resort. We do not mind having to walk a bit, nor do I mind that it's not the most "Disney" park, or that the guest service may even be a bit under par(considering we do not plan to be at the resort very much during the trip) but is this a normal that the resort is under-kept? Are they better maintained the closer to summer and right now it's just the C team staff because it's Feb? That was also a theme that I noticed, the more peak-time to be in Disney, the better the review.

I have only had great experiences at CSR. We have stayed there twice and have always had spotless rooms. I am not saying things don't happen and everyone in hotel management and hospitality always responds to issues the way they should, but I hardly ever let negative reviews determine where I stay, especially if there are loads of positive reviews.

I would never let Trip Advisor determine if I was going to stay someplace or not. People are way more likely to post if they have a problem than if their stay went great. Plus, as was recently shown on another post, people will post about the most ridiculous things making their stay horrible. Honestly, I would never let on line reviews make me change my mind, if I had it totally made up one way. Each and every resort can have bad housekeeping, staying at the Beach Club won't somehow guarantee you will not. Stay where you want to stay, don't let on line reviews make that choice for you. Btw, I've stayed at CSR twice and the Beach Club one time. Had good houskeeping at both resorts.
This. I can't tell you how many Trip Advisor reviews I have read that said "I don't usually post reviews, but..." It seems they only review if it's bad. Most hotels do have happy customers! I understand not all are pleased with cleanliness wherever they may stay (isolated instances - not the people themselves always have a problem with cleanliness :P) but many have no issues.

We have stayed there before and had no issues and loved the resort. BUT, my parents stayed there this past December and the room they were first given was awful. There were dead bugs in the drawers and about an inch of dust on the dresser. They have stayed there before too and loved it, but this wasn't a great experience. They were moved to a different room and it was clean. The CMs weren't that happy about moving them either, which I don't understand. Just not up to Disney standards in my opinion. I probably won't stay there again until they get things back to "normal".

We have stayed there before and had no issues and loved the resort. BUT, my parents stayed there this past December and the room they were first given was awful. There were dead bugs in the drawers and about an inch of dust on the dresser. They have stayed there before too and loved it, but this wasn't a great experience. They were moved to a different room and it was clean. The CMs weren't that happy about moving them either, which I don't understand. Just not up to Disney standards in my opinion. I probably won't stay there again until they get things back to "normal".

This is what I don't understand, I do realize that not every stay is going to be perfect; however it seems as if you are playing Russian roulette if you stay at CSR. I may look into paying a little more and move to POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter