Coronado Springs @ breakfast ?

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone ! :wave2: After being at the deluxe's for many vacations, I may have to choose a moderate for this December, arriving on the 6th. I much prefer being at the Epcot deluxe resorts, especially for all the breakfast buffets.

So .... I am considering Coronado Springs for my moderate. I have been there only once, and it was quite a while ago. I have also been to POR many times.

Please tell me, how is breakfast at Coronado Springs? For me, breakfast is my bigger meal, and I really like my big breakfast to hold me over until dinner.

P.S. I am an ..... older .... woman, and I most likely will be solo. I am well experienced doing my WDW vacation solo, so that part is OK.

Thank You for all your opinions.

Coronado Springs has two breakfast choices. The Pepper Market is a buffet for breakfast (and lunch, but not dinner), and it is a quick service credit if you are on the DDP. Breakfast is 14.99 if paying OOP and it includes a drink. The buffet gets good reviews and has all the usual breakfast foods as well as a few Southwest-inspired dishes.

Cafe Rix is the grab-n-go restaurant. It has some breakfast sandwiches and pastries. It is good for a small, quick breakfast, but it can get very crowded in the mornings, so I would allow some time for standing in line.

Maya Grill stopped serving breakfast when Pepper Market became a buffet for breakfast and lunch.

CSR doesn't offer another a la carte breakfast choice, so if you just wanted a couple of pancakes and a piece of bacon, you would need to get the buffet. That is one criticism of CSR - it doesn't offer a traditional food court at breakfast for families who might want different amounts of food. CSR has several counter service restaurants, but Cafe Rix and the Pepper Market are the only ones open for breakfast.

If you like a big breakfast and are either on the DDP or don't mind paying $15 for breakfast, CSR is a great choice.

Hi Everyone ! :wave2: After being at the deluxe's for many vacations, I may have to choose a moderate for this December, arriving on the 6th. I much prefer being at the Epcot deluxe resorts, especially for all the breakfast buffets.

So .... I am considering Coronado Springs for my moderate. I have been there only once, and it was quite a while ago. I have also been to POR many times.

Please tell me, how is breakfast at Coronado Springs? For me, breakfast is my bigger meal, and I really like my big breakfast to hold me over until dinner.

P.S. I am an ..... older .... woman, and I most likely will be solo. I am well experienced doing my WDW vacation solo, so that part is OK.

Thank You for all your opinions.

CSR breakfast is expensive out of pocket (though not any more than the buffets at the deluxe resorts).

The reviews since they went from counter service to buffet have been very good. If you are on the dining plan, this is the only buffet that only charges a QS credit for breakfast! If you're on the dining plan, this is pretty nice not to have to use a TS credit for a buffet.

Here is the breakfast menu as of June 2012

http://allears.net/menu/menu_pmb.htm

We could not believe how wonderful the breakfast buffet was at CSR in April. All that was missing was the characters. It was unbelievable for the price, especially if your were on the QS Dining Plan.

Combine the good food with the atmosphere, and you had a winning choice! We will definitely visit CSR for breakfast again. We look forward to trying the buffet lunch also.

And - by the way - it is a beautiful place to stay. The resort is so pretty. We love to walk at night & enjoy the scenery & lighting around the lake. It is really beautiful. :thumbsup2

The breakfast buffet at Pepper Market is awesome. We liked it so much we went twice on our trip last month! I highly recommend it.

I am another Pepper Market fan! Along with my family and best friend. You won't be disappointed!

Hi! I am staying at CSR in a few days and I had heard great things about the breakfast. The one thing I haven't heard is whether or not there would be Mickey waffles at said breakfast. Anyone know??? Thanks!!

So maybe adding the QS dining plan to a package if staying at CSR is a good idea? I might have to keep this info when I make a resort decision for our next WDW trip in June 2014. We have not yet stayed at CSR.

Hi! I am staying at CSR in a few days and I had heard great things about the breakfast. The one thing I haven't heard is whether or not there would be Mickey waffles at said breakfast. Anyone know??? Thanks!!

They had them last December if that helps

I normally don't eat breakfast, but I did enjoy it at the Pepper Market. I was impressed. You must try one of their giant biscuits. They are fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter