• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado or Pop for first time on property

tanyali26

Mouseketeer
Okay we currently have our reservation for Oct 31-Nov 9th for Pop and that is because we originally were staying at CBR for 7 nights but we switched dates to do both parties. I chose Pop because it was only $150 more then our original reservation with upgraded dining and I wasn't crazy about staying at CBR. Pop looked like a good choice for buses plus my dd is 10 and I thought she would like it. That being said I've been looking and CSR is available for $350 more. The queen beds are somewhat desirable but then I've read alot about the walking being bad. So my question is for a first time visit would you do the upgrade?

It really depends how you plan on enjoying your vacation and what's important to you?

Pop has the cartoonish young family atmosphere, but is very loud and chaotic. Very popular among family's with young kids and people who spend all their time in the parks and just use their resort to sleep.

CSR will be more comfortable and quiet. It does havea more adult feel to it, but having said that the pool is way more fun for kids with the big water slide and playground area. There is some walking involved, but the walking distance is exaggerated by a lot of people. We love CSR, it suits our vacation style.

CSR has Deluxe amenities, would you use any of them?

We love CBR. tried to get it during FD offer, unavailable :( so we chose POP. I personally would say hold with what you have?If the walk is a concern, book the preferred room, but that will add to the overall cost. If your on property, you won't really be in the room that much( i would imagine). yes I enjoy the queen beds as well, and we travel with our DD who is 7. You didn't mention if your received the FD offer in your res? That would be a factor as well. If their are no more bookings available for your dates, I would not mess with changing. No matter where you choose to stay, the resort you pick will always be your Favorite/ special place( 1st time memories) and all. IMO, we don't spend much time in the room anyway. Maybe one day by the pool to chill and relax. And CSR does have an awesome pool. If your paying for the DDP out of pocket, look into PO French Quarter. Its smaller and you can use PORS pool as well.

We did get FD really did want Port Orleans..but happywith free dining. Also FD was available today for my dates for CSR...um decisions decisions.

I wouldn't say the walking at CSR is any worse than Pop. What we liked best at CSR was the main pool, beautiful grounds, housekeeping and the bus service. Never had a bus issue. In fact, we even commented that it always seemed like the values' bus lines were packed. Could have been a coincidence whenever we noticed this, or it could be because the values are truly the most crowded. :confused3

Things we liked least at CSR is that the preferred rooms, while close to the main building and first bus stop, they were a ways away from the main pool. We also hated Pepper Market and the food options. Pop does have the better food court, IMO.

I personally think CSR is worth the upgrade in this instance.

I would stay at POP considering your daughters age.

Okay we currently have our reservation for Oct 31-Nov 9th for Pop and that is because we originally were staying at CBR for 7 nights but we switched dates to do both parties. I chose Pop because it was only $150 more then our original reservation with upgraded dining and I wasn't crazy about staying at CBR. Pop looked like a good choice for buses plus my dd is 10 and I thought she would like it. That being said I've been looking and CSR is available for $350 more. The queen beds are somewhat desirable but then I've read alot about the walking being bad. So my question is for a first time visit would you do the upgrade?

I would stay at POP considering your daughters age.

I agree with this. I'd stay at Pop, considering her age. Sure CSR might have a great slide, but not all kids are crazy about slides believe it or not. My son went down once or twice. He just didnt care for it. Pop is a lot of fun for kids. I must say, the pool side entertainment staff at pop are some of the best i've seen....definitely better than the ones at CSR. Kids just love them at pop. They play a lot of family fun games and really get the kids involved. They give out some really fun prizes too!

I disagree with pop being chaotic. And the pool might be loud, but i think its suppose to be...they play music all day by the pool!!! if you want a quiet swim, you should try the quiet pools.

I love the vibe at pop. A bonus is that you can check out AoA, its just a short walk across the bridge!

All in all, I have to admit the CSR is a beautiful resort and gives you a different experience. Its big, but we stayed in the cabana section which was right by the pool. so convenient. There's Quick Service, mug refills, and an arcade right by the pool. As fun as it is, we have more fun at the pool at pop. Lol. Go figure.

I disagree with pop being chaotic.

Sorry, but its the very nature of the resort. Small rooms. Paper thin walls. Cram as many young family's with screaming kids (many not properly supervised by their parents) into a small area as you possibly can.

Buy definition that is chaos! :lmao:

After staying at CSR several times, my mom and I recently spent 2 nights at Pop for the first time. We were in a preferred room, and the first thing we noticed was how much less walking there was (compared to staying preferred at CSR). Pop was definitely busier and more crowded than we have ever seen Coronado- but it didn't cause any sort of problem for us. We really liked the food court, and having the one bus stop was nice.

As far as the room goes- well CSR is so much nicer- and not just because of the queen sized beds. That being said, Pop was perfect for the 2 nights we spent there, as we were only in the room to sleep and get ready.

If it's in the budget and you'd like a more relaxed vibe- I'd say go for CSR! It's our favorite moderate and we think the rooms are just as nice as the deluxes we've stayed at for the most part. I can see how kids would love Pop....but CSR does have a super cool pool/slide. We'd stay at Pop again when we take another short, low budget trip!

Sorry, but its the very nature of the resort. Small rooms. Paper thin walls. Cram as many young family's with screaming kids (many not properly supervised by their parents) into a small area as you possibly can.

I guess out of all my trips I didn't see to many kids running like the wild. Take in consideration I own a daycare. So maybe my perspective of quite is different than others. This will be be our 6th time at pop for 17 days. I have stayed at all levels and found that pop is fine for us. We are a family of 4 and do just fine in the room. I never feel:crowded:.

I would stay w/ Pop for reasons PPers gave. Your daughter I think will like it more and there are tons of fun kids activities by the pool.

Walking at CSR can be significantly more, depending upon your location. And while I DO like CSR, I would not be as comfortable there w/ a 10 year old if a convention was going on--nothing dangerous! But there "can" be a good number of drunk conventioneers at the eateries and pool bar.

I guess out of all my trips I didn't see to many kids running like the wild. Take in consideration I own a daycare. So maybe my perspective of quite is different than others. This will be be our 6th time at pop for 17 days. I have stayed at all levels and found that pop is fine for us. We are a family of 4 and do just fine in the room. I never feel:crowded:.

Agree the only time that I have seen kids running around like wild has been when there are large groups of teens. They will be noisy as they walk by and tables can be hard to get when they have meal time. However they have never bothered me.

Sorry, but its the very nature of the resort. Small rooms. Paper thin walls. Cram as many young family's with screaming kids (many not properly supervised by their parents) into a small area as you possibly can. Buy definition that is chaos! :lmao:

I'm in complete disagreement on this, I've never encountered chaos at pop and have seen far more screaming kids in a little place called the magic kingdom then pop. As someone who is neither young nor whose kid is not supervised and does not scream this broad generalization is so far from my experiences.

We enjoy pop for what if is, a clean, bare bones resort on disney property. The buses are efficient, food court good, and theming fun for kids. It is spread out, but we request lake views which gets us in the 70s, 60s, or 50s sections all of which are close to transportation.

I am not a moderate fan in general. If they had interior halls that may sway me, but for the same motel feel of the value plus a slide and coffee maker I will stick to the value and more money to spend on the parks.

I would do the upgrade! CSR is an Oasis of peace and calm after the parks!

Request either 8a, 8b, 9a in Cabanas or Casitas 4. These are great locations, standard rooms which are close to the/a pool, bus stops and not far from El centro. Your daughter will love the pool and you will love the hot tub, hammocks, salon/spa, quiet pools and relaxing atmosphere. I have stayed here many times and never had any problem with conventioneers. (I have often had trouble with large groups of noisy teens at value resorts.) However, that is my experience and may not be yours. Perhaps I have just been lucky at CSR.

One good thing about Pop is it is next to AoA so you can walk across the bridge to the AoA food court and enjoy the theming over there.

I suggest showing your daughter the 2 resorts online and get her feedback. If she has a strong preference it would be good to know!

Quite honestly this could be any Disney Resort. We stayed at CBR years ago and it's not like their rooms are sound proof.

Thanks for all of your replys. I guess its going to boil down to what kind of vacation we want. We usually in the past stay at the park all day till closing. (Mostly because we stayed of sight) So I told my husband if we aregoing to spend majority of the time at the parks we will most likely stay at Pop. If we want breaks and alot of relaxing then perhaps CSR,the decision maker will probably be my Daughter. :confused3 I'll have her look at both and get input today. Thanks again!

Sorry but I've never experienced chaos like that at pop, and we go there every August! My son likes Pop better than some mods because Pop will have way more kids at the pool for him to hang out with. At the mods, its very different and way quieter. Not as many kids in his age group.

I'm in complete disagreement on this, I've never encountered chaos at pop and have seen far more screaming kids in a little place called the magic kingdom then pop. As someone who is neither young nor whose kid is not supervised and does not scream this broad generalization is so far from my experiences.

We enjoy pop for what if is, a clean, bare bones resort on disney property. The buses are efficient, food court good, and theming fun for kids. It is spread out, but we request lake views which gets us in the 70s, 60s, or 50s sections all of which are close to transportation.

I am not a moderate fan in general. If they had interior halls that may sway me, but for the same motel feel of the value plus a slide and coffee maker I will stick to the value and more money to spend on the parks.
Very good post!! :thumbsup2 I agree with you about lakeview. Its sooooo much more peaceful, its like youre at a different place. I like 60's lakeview, youre right by the bridge, easy walk over to AoA, also, at the bridge if you drop a few crackers in the water you can see a ton of huge turtles swim to the surface. its cool to see cause I didnt expect there to be turtles!

I agree about your statement re: mods vs values and exterior hallways. The only reason we stay in mods sometimes is purely to try something different.

DITTO. I will add the most in room noise I've ever experienced was at Kidani. I was very taken aback especially for the price. When in bed we could hear the guy next door PEEING and in the main area we could hear a couple on the other side really...ummm.. *enjoying* their showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter