Coronado or Caribbean Beach?

Coronado or Caribbean beach?

• Coronado

• Caribbean beach

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

goofyintoronto

DIS Veteran
Help! I cant decide between the two.... its just my DS11 and I. Im leaning towards Coronado.

All other resorts are out, these are the only two available with free dining. we're upgrading from Pop.

Corando only because it's my favorite. I'm thinking of downgrading from BC. We love CSR.

We have stayed at both, and we really didn't like CB, so between the two I would choose CS, but just this night we were doing pricing on several resorts and we wanted to see how much CS would cost, and it would more than many Deluxe resorts including BC, BW, and WL... so if we were thinking about spending that amount of money I would chose one of the Deluxe resorts.... We still aren't sure if that was a glitch, but is CS really more expensive than Deluxe resorts?? We were using middle June 6nights 7days park hopper, was it just us?

But if I had to choose between the two, definitely CS, but if CS is more expensive than deluxe I would choose BC for the walking distance to Epcot and HS, or WL.... Either way you will have an amazing trip! Good luck!:thumbsup2

I've stayed at both. I wasn't a big fan of CBR, but I LOVED CSR. I would choose Coronado in a heartbeat!

I'm in the minority, I love CBR!

It's the only moderate with a zero-entry pool, which is perfect for kids.

I'm turned off by the 10% food court surcharge at CSR. I don't understand it? They have a wait staff in the food court to seat you. Look into this, I don't know too much about it but if cost is an issue, this might add $ to your free dining.

We have stayed at both, and we really didn't like CB, so between the two I would choose CS, but just this night we were doing pricing on several resorts and we wanted to see how much CS would cost, and it would more than many Deluxe resorts including BC, BW, and WL... so if we were thinking about spending that amount of money I would chose one of the Deluxe resorts.... We still aren't sure if that was a glitch, but is CS really more expensive than Deluxe resorts?? We were using middle June 6nights 7days park hopper, was it just us?

But if I had to choose between the two, definitely CS, but if CS is more expensive than deluxe I would choose BC for the walking distance to Epcot and HS, or WL.... Either way you will have an amazing trip! Good luck!:thumbsup2

That HAS to be a glitch! :scared1:Geez, for our trip when I even considered BC, it was around $1000 more, so CSR it is! If you figure it out, report back!

We stayed at CBR and loved it there. Beautiful landscapping, haven't been since they re did the pool, but it looks great from the pics. Centrally located.
We stayed in Jamaica next to the quiet pool, close to bus stop, and bridge over to main pool, food court etc.
I know many like CSR, but it's never appealed to me. Being a convention hotel. It does have queen beds, while CBR has doubles. I'm thinking after they are done with POR refirbs, CBR will be next.

We have stayed at the Coronado nine times; we have never stayed at CBR, but have visited it a couple of times. We love everything about CSR...theme, queen beds, sliding door between bathroom/bedroom, friendly CM's, pool, food options, etc. Although CBR is a nice resort, we don't like the smaller beds and we thought the food court food was worse than McDonald's.

I think with age of your son, she would enjoy pool at CSR more.

I've got an 11 yr old son (and a 9) and they both loved CSR last time. They loved CBR too, but they liked the arcade games at CSR and the slide at CSR better. While I agree with a previous poster about kids and pools and zero entry, at age 11 that's not really an issue anymore. There's also like a vollyball net or something (we didn't use it) and the food is better (IMO). Also my son's opinion as he loved the mexican station in the Pepper Market, now that he can eat like an adult. Oh yeah , and he loved the dessert station --- he got like 3 churros with a scoop of ice cream.

I'm turned off by the 10% food court surcharge at CSR. I don't understand it? They have a wait staff in the food court to seat you. Look into this, I don't know too much about it but if cost is an issue, this might add $ to your free dining.

This was no big deal for us. Actually we only ate inside once and we got lousy service. However, it was a huge score by getting the food and just eating at one of the outside tables or bringing it out to our room (they make it super easy to get takeout at whatever station with containers and things). This way you do not pay a surcharge.

Help! I cant decide between the two.... its just my DS11 and I. Im leaning towards Coronado.

All other resorts are out, these are the only two available with free dining. we're upgrading from Pop.

One more question: I see from your time line you are going around the same time as us. So far I've gotten a pin for 20 percent off at that time. Also, I had a free QS pin but it was only for June. Did you get a pin for free dining at that time?

I've got an 11 yr old son (and a 9) and they both loved CSR last time. They loved CBR too, but they liked the arcade games at CSR and the slide at CSR better. While I agree with a previous poster about kids and pools and zero entry, at age 11 that's not really an issue anymore. There's also like a vollyball net or something (we didn't use it) and the food is better (IMO). Also my son's opinion as he loved the mexican station in the Pepper Market, now that he can eat like an adult. Oh yeah , and he loved the dessert station --- he got like 3 churros with a scoop of ice cream.
Oh my goodness, this seals the deal.....my son LOVES the arcade & churros!! And the slide is a bonus. Your right, at 11 yrs of age the zero entry pool is not important. Thanx so much for the info! :flower3:

One more question: I see from your time line you are going around the same time as us. So far I've gotten a pin for 20 percent off at that time. Also, I had a free QS pin but it was only for June. Did you get a pin for free dining at that time?
I got my free dining the day before the public offer expired on Dec 17 2011. With this offer, my Aug.26 week was included. :) woohoo!

Thanks everyone for the replies....we've decided to go with CSR. Cannot wait!

This was no big deal for us. Actually we only ate inside once and we got lousy service. However, it was a huge score by getting the food and just eating at one of the outside tables or bringing it out to our room (they make it super easy to get takeout at whatever station with containers and things). This way you do not pay a surcharge.

With the new buffet, you can no longer get your food to go is what I have read on the CSR thread.

We have only stayed @ CBR and really enjoy it. The Caribbean atmosphere, music, beaches, landscaping and the main pool area is awesome. Its pirate themed with water cannons and 2 water slides. They have a nice gift shop and arcade. :cool1:

We have stayed at both. We didn't love CBR, it was just o.k.. We did LOVE CSR though! The Pepper Market is by far the best value counter service on property! It is beautiful and has almost a delux feel. The pool area is amazing also.

I just heard that since its a buffet now, they got rid of the gratuities part on the bill.

That part I do not know because we've not been since they changed. I know there is a lot of talk about the buffet on the "unofficial CSR thread" that someone took over for me this year. You might want to check there to confirm.

The tip is optional now for breakfast and lunch and there is no longer any to go meals since it is a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter