Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

Tinknme-Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

We're here now... we checked-in on Monday morning... and check out in a few more days. The resort looks fantastic! We have two rooms- when we checked-in on monday we went to our adjoining rooms in casitas 5 only to find that the family who had had them prior to us must have smoked like chimneys. DH is not terribly sensitive to cigarette smoke and even he thought they were horrendous. A quick call to the front desk, and they got us moved to Casitas building 4 in no time... rooms next to each other.

We have eaten at the Pepper Market twice- once for breakfast- DH and I split the breakfast burrito platter and had more than enough (very good!). Three of us ate there for lunch yesterday- food was fantastic- but thank god we have the dining plan. I would strongly caution those just eating here as a quick service meal and paying OOP. The total bill for the three of us (3 entrees, 3 desserts, 3 soft drinks) was $72.02-- of course for us all it did was deduct 3 quick service meals from the DDP. Had that BEEN the bill for the three of us- I think I would have fallen over. BTW-- food was EXCELLENT, and we will be using another quick service meal there again today.

All of the CM's we've encountered have been more than wonderful. The room is clean, housekeeping is great. The quiet pool here in Casitas is closed for the week, but we swam yesterday at the main pool for a couple of hours. One great CM even did about 1/2 hr of "Disney trivia" poolside. So much fun!!!

Much, much more to come... but we're heading out to DTD for a little while until this line of storms pass- then it's off to EPCOT and Ohanas tonight for dinner. Pictures also to come... I must have taken 100 of CSR alone!

We're here now... we checked-in on Monday morning... and check out in a few more days. The resort looks fantastic! We have two rooms- when we checked-in on monday we went to our adjoining rooms in casitas 5 only to find that the family who had had them prior to us must have smoked like chimneys. DH is not terribly sensitive to cigarette smoke and even he thought they were horrendous. A quick call to the front desk, and they got us moved to Casitas building 4 in no time... rooms next to each other.

We have eaten at the Pepper Market twice- once for breakfast- DH and I split the breakfast burrito platter and had more than enough (very good!). Three of us ate there for lunch yesterday- food was fantastic- but thank god we have the dining plan. I would strongly caution those just eating here as a quick service meal and paying OOP. The total bill for the three of us (3 entrees, 3 desserts, 3 soft drinks) was $72.02-- of course for us all it did was deduct 3 quick service meals from the DDP. Had that BEEN the bill for the three of us- I think I would have fallen over. BTW-- food was EXCELLENT, and we will be using another quick service meal there again today.

All of the CM's we've encountered have been more than wonderful. The room is clean, housekeeping is great. The quiet pool here in Casitas is closed for the week, but we swam yesterday at the main pool for a couple of hours. One great CM even did about 1/2 hr of "Disney trivia" poolside. So much fun!!!

Much, much more to come... but we're heading out to DTD for a little while until this line of storms pass- then it's off to EPCOT and Ohanas tonight for dinner. Pictures also to come... I must have taken 100 of CSR alone!

Did you get one of the remodeled rooms?

We stayed at CS from 11/27 - 11/29. I love the resort but our first day started off not so well. I usually never have any complaints, but here it goes.

We arrived about 1pm and were told that our room was ready. I believe it was in the Rancheros section. We were not given anything except for our room keys, but new we should have been given a welcome pack. We strolled out to our rooms. About 5 minute walk. When we entered the room it was still dirty and the beds not made. No biggy until my wife says there are still bags in the room and stuff in the bathroom.

So I call down to guest services and explain the problem. They started asking me if the bags were unpacked or if looked like the guest were leaving. Now that is not my problem to find out what’s going on. So I sat on the phone for 10 minutes while they tried to resolve the issue.

I had to tell the CM that figure out what you need to do while I come back to the check in counter. I am not going to stay in someone's room while they figure this out. It was a privacy thing for me.

The walked back now sucks as it is a little walk and it’s for nothing.

Once we arrived they lady stated she was sorry, but the computer says its ready and she can't do anything about that. I was the second person this happened to today so far. The room still said it was ready when we arrived back. A manager overheard the conversation and stated "That’s not like Disney" and that was it.

We got a new room closer, 9A building. We went out for awhile and came back about 9pm. Our bags have not arrived from ME. I called the front desk and they said someone had checked the bags out at 12:30. They said they needed sometime to find them.

A bellman showed up at 9:30 with the bags and stated that the bags were in the old room. Either the other party wasn't there to see them or they were dopes and left them in their room.

So the next day this made me nervous as to what if someone walks into our room while we are gone. I had to worry about passports and stuff. You’re thinking safe right? Well no key. We had to wait a few hours for a key to be made.

After this debacle everything else went smoothly. I think they could have handled this a little better.

Hey Buzz2001, we live in the same town. 1st time seeing someone on this site in my home town.

Buzz, any news on the CSR restaurants being added to the 2009 dining plan?
I haven't checked in awhile, I assume there is no change.

After this debacle everything else went smoothly. I think they could have handled this a little better.

Hey Buzz2001, we live in the same town. 1st time seeing someone on this site in my home town.[/COLOR]
I'm glad it went well for you after the front desk issue.

I've live in Bristol all my life, 46 years.

I'm glad it went well for you after the front desk issue.

I've live in Bristol all my life, 46 years.

Only 7 for me. Bet your happy to see the route 72 project finally come to reality. Can't wait to come down Willis tomorrow in the ice!!:scared:

Only 7 for me. Bet your happy to see the route 72 project finally come to reality. Can't wait to come down Willis tomorrow in the ice!!:scared:
I grew up on Pleasantview and lived on Greystone for a few years when we were first married. We loved those snowy days coming down the hills. ;)

Now I live by ESPN.

I grew up on Pleasantview and lived on Greystone for a few years when we were first married. We loved those snowy days coming down the hills. ;)

Now I live by ESPN.

How funny...I live off of Greystone and the daycare we use is next to ESPN. It's a Small World after all. :)

Here are some pictures from last week. 12/3-12/7

Christmas tree in the lobby
DDADecember2008073.jpg

Pool at night
DDADecember2008001.jpg

Ranchos
DDADecember2008034.jpg

DDADecember2008035.jpg

DDADecember2008036.jpg

Taken from the Cabanas side of the lake
DDADecember2008083.jpg

On Cabanas side
DDADecember2008082.jpg

DDADecember2008079.jpg

Ranchos
DDADecember2008084.jpg

DDADecember2008085.jpg
Nice pics!!

:wave2: Bye to all my CSR friends, we leave on a 7:00am flight, tomorrow. I'll do my best to get some good pictures. :thumbsup2

Can't believe it's finally here!!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter