Coronado disaster! Stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msushaner

Earning My Ears
I called the day before and today to request connecting rooms. Didn’t get it. My Disney app not working at all the entire day so didn’t find out we didn’t have connecting rooms upon check in. That check in process took 60mins waiting in the long line at 930pm and then she synced up the magic bands for our two rooms. One room has my grandma and my daughters 14-5. My room has my wife and I and kids 5-3. After finally getting bands right we went to the room and tried to get in my grandmas room and bands didn’t work. And then we went to our room and one band worked. Phone didn’t work for both rooms. Im irate call guest services and they just apologize and said they will send a runner. No one came for 30 mins so we didn’t get into our room until 1120. We’re in Ranchos. Just utter crap. I have never had this at all and here get this. We don’t have any of our bands they took them and I’m up waiting for them right now. I don’t want to go back to check in in the morning it’s late and we have a charecter breakfast at gf. So unreal so mad now. Wish Pete would see this he went through this at gf with bands not working. Having my 74 year old grandma wait 40 mins to get into a room. Yeah I’ve been on hold with guest services so long and we didn’t even get connecting rooms so bad. Never again Coronado. Just might save money and spend at the downtown Disney sprints resorts.

Connecting rooms are neve, ever, ever guaranteed. No requests are, ever. Rooms are normally assigned 3-4 days in advance (not something the phone reps would know.)

There is really no reason for a CM to inform a guest that requests weren't met. CM might not even know there were requests.

With the MDE not working, it's annoying but understandable that everyone else had to check in "live" as well. Staffing would still be at MDE-working levels, i.e. not particularly high.

With MDE down, you likely have encountered similar delays at any resort.

Connecting rooms are never guaranteed and are very rare they are hard to get. Thats why people book 1 and 2 bedroom suites.

I’m not arguing but this is an interesting scenario.

I don’t know how rare adjoining rooms are at Coronado but I know I get them more often than I’d like staying at hotels in general.

I think we can all agree that joining rooms are a nuisance in overall. They let noises, smells, etc... over from random stranger neighbors.

So, the question becomes why bother having joining rooms at all if a resort can rarely accommodate a request for them.

I know it’s easier said than done, but there were obviously two individual rooms available for this group. It would theoretically be a simple matter to shift two individual check-ins those individual rooms to free up an adjoining room.

I’m not talking about moving existing guests . A poster above said rooms are organized 3 to 4 days in advance and that should be enough time to figure out.

I called the day before and today to request connecting rooms. Didn’t get it. My Disney app not working at all the entire day so didn’t find out we didn’t have connecting rooms upon check in. That check in process took 60mins waiting in the long line at 930pm and then she synced up the magic bands for our two rooms. One room has my grandma and my daughters 14-5. My room has my wife and I and kids 5-3. After finally getting bands right we went to the room and tried to get in my grandmas room and bands didn’t work. And then we went to our room and one band worked. Phone didn’t work for both rooms. Im irate call guest services and they just apologize and said they will send a runner. No one came for 30 mins so we didn’t get into our room until 1120. We’re in Ranchos. Just utter crap. I have never had this at all and here get this. We don’t have any of our bands they took them and I’m up waiting for them right now. I don’t want to go back to check in in the morning it’s late and we have a charecter breakfast at gf. So unreal so mad now. Wish Pete would see this he went through this at gf with bands not working. Having my 74 year old grandma wait 40 mins to get into a room. Yeah I’ve been on hold with guest services so long and we didn’t even get connecting rooms so bad. Never again Coronado. Just might save money and spend at the downtown Disney sprints resorts.
I get it. It’s especially frustrating when things don’t go right during a late check in when everyone is tired. An hour wait in line at 9:30pm at night would make me very cranky. It’s hard to like a resort wihen you have a bad first impression.

Hope today is a better day. :goodvibes
Try to put it all behind you now and enjoy your trip.:)
You might find by the end of the trip, you love CSR.

We stayed at Casitas and had a delightful time. In fact, we’re looking at Coronado Springs again for this fall!!
We are booked there for October--may I ask how you found the bus service? And the average transportation time between CSR and the parks? As for the OP's situation--I know I would have found that situation so frustrating, especially late at night.

I understand how frustrating that is, but, please note, this could have happened at any WDW resort. We have had MB/door issues at both CCV and YC and both warranted a long walk back to the front desk and a line to stand in to get everything fixed. Not fun. Also, rooms are assigned many days prior to check-in, so calling the day before and day of would not up your chances of getting those rooms. When you have a moment (and, again, not fun), I would recommend stopping at the front desk at some point today to see if they can re-assign you to connecting rooms if you are interested.

So far this morning. They unlinked our mde and reservation number and I can’t link it. And we realized at check in we never got our gift of magic gift cards.

so to summarize we didn’t get anything from Disney no fastpass just I’m sorry to hear.

-get off magical express 940 not get into our room until 1130- had a 45 min wait at check in and had a long walk to our room and then locked out of our room
- didn’t get connecting rooms our one request and would’ve put more in if I would’ve done if I wasn’t gonna get it could’ve at least been adjoining not down the hall and around the corner
- didn’t get 210 dollars of gift card
- they took all our magic bands at 1130 didn’t get them back until 1215

If connecting rooms (a door between rooms) is a main priority, you can optimize your chances by choosing a resort with a high prevalence of connecting rooms. If you look at a room map of CSR, I don’t really see that many connecting rooms in comparison to non-connecting, especially if you filter for a particular room category (standard versus water view). In the moderate category, it looks like the two Port Orleans properties are the way to go. In the deluxe category, the Poly is a good bet. This is also a busy week, so they probably could not find connecting rooms fitting your dates. I agree with the previous poster that suggested you see if they could move you today. Hope today goes better!

We had the same problem for stay. Magic bands not working. But the real disaster waswhen my 12 yr old nephew and my sister who uses a cane for her MS got hit with a golf cart. The run the resort for conventions and use the carts to bring convention people around. When they hit them the driver yelled at them to get out if his way. We complained at the front desk but nope. Was told it was our fault. The nephew got it worse , which was good since my sis has MS. He limped around for about aday and the bruises did heal ok. Thebus service was also terrible. Long waits and not enough buses. I often cried on my room cuz the resort was that awful. I will never ever pick this resort again.

If you look at a room map of CSR, I don’t really see that many connecting rooms in comparison to non-connecting, especially if you filter for a particular room category (standard versus water view).

Just curious as to what map you are referencing? Because if it's the room finder tool on Touring Plans site it is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities. There are 4-5 times as many connecting rooms at CSR than that tool shows.

Sorry this happened, OP. Same thing happened with our MBs at Pop. We stood outside the room for ages trying to get in. It was almost midnight and the one and only time I have ever skipped the front desk. I'll never do that again.

Had to call Disney and they said they would "send a runner." No one ever showed up. I was about to walk to the front desk when I decided to call GS. They took care of the MB issue over the phone and we finally got in the room.

So yes I understand. We stood outside our room in the 80s building, which felt like Siberia in relation to the lobby that late at night. All of our bags and stuff outside the door. It was a pain. This was before you could use your phone to open the door, so we did not have that option.

I hope you can put it behind you and enjoy your trip.

I feel you. Long waits at check in and messed up MBs shouldn’t happen.

I’ll say this though. WDW must be packed to the gills this week which I’m sure made it difficult to honor your room request. I tried booking for this week and most of the time there was not a single room of any type available on property.

Good luck and hope your trip gets better from here in out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter