Cornhole?

Starbrite

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get Cornhole boards at a decent price?

I've been looking online & they're running $150 + extreme shipping charges. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay for some plywood & bean bags. :laughing:

Cornhole isn't very big in this town & I don't know anyone handy that could build us a set. DS really likes to play & I think it would be great to have around for parties, tailgating & such.

Any ideas?

For those of you who don't know what Cornhole is....apparently it's a fancy (yet weird) name for Bean Bag Toss.

Seen them at Play it again sports for around $90. Not sure if you have those in your area. I also noticed a version at Costco the other day. It was a metal fold up set and was about the same price as the one at Play it Again.

Where do you live? My sister's hubby makes them. PM if you're interested with your location and zip code. I can get a price from him for you once I have that.

Most of the one around us are customs, some very fancy. The average set is about $60-75 in the Midwest. The price goes up from there. All I've ever seen were wood with fold up legs. Some fit together with locks on the side and a handle to carry them to tailgate parties.
There are three sizes, mini (tabletop), junior and regulation. There is a cornhole association with the official rules, set up, etc. It is serious play around Cincinnati.
www.playcornhole.org
www.americancornhole.org
Look local or make one yourself. All the directions are online. Google cornhole directions.

I have seen them at our flea market, but I have no idea how much they are. They also have college and pro logo sets at some of the sports stores.

Do you have a Target near you? I saw them at our Target in the Sporting Goods/ Outdoor department.

Does anyone know where I can get Cornhole boards at a decent price?

I've been looking online & they're running $150 + extreme shipping charges. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay for some plywood & bean bags. :laughing:

Cornhole isn't very big in this town & I don't know anyone handy that could build us a set. DS really likes to play & I think it would be great to have around for parties, tailgating & such.

Any ideas?

For those of you who don't know what Cornhole is....apparently it's a fancy (yet weird) name for Bean Bag Toss.

we made ours. Cost us $15.00 and a half an hour of our time. It was very easy to make, we found the instructions online. Bought some scrap wood at lowes, and made the bean bags out of pinto beans and some old thick fabric we don't use.

DH made our also. I did order the corn bags online.

Recently, a good friend of his opened a local business. I didn't look at the price of his boards but here is his site: http://www.slickwoodys.com/

It's a great game. We play almost every weekend of the summer! Have fun!

You know that ole saying..."you get what you pay for"? Well, for me this rings in my ears when I read your post. My sister ordered the cornhole sets directly from www.cornhole.com and they are huge, well-made, solid and now I see why the shipping was so much. I also saw the sets that Target was selling and let's just say that is like comparing apples and oranges. My sister got the white set, I would have gotten the natural set. Be sure when comparing sets to check the measurements and materials used for construction. Good luck!!

I saw them not long ago at Walmart in the camping section. I don't remember how much they were.

Cornhole isn't very big in this town & I don't know anyone handy that could build us a set.

<snip>

Any ideas?

Yep. Time for you, your hubby, or your son to take up woodworking as a hobby... ;) This would be a great beginner project. The material cost using poplar frames (as called out on the previously posted website) and baltic birch plywood should be under $40 per set. Sell the second set (a full 4x8 sheet of plywood will make 2 sets) for $80 and yours was free.

If you're a homeowner I'll assume you already own a circular saw and drill/driver? With a saw-board that should be all you *need* in the way of tools.

Optionally, a router would allow you to make it look a bit better (rounding over corners, rabbets instead of butt joints ), and it looks like they used a few brads per corner so a compressor and brad nailer could be used if desired.

In a decent shop building a set is a ~15 minute project plus glue/paint drying time. Even making do with just a circ saw it should be under an hour...

My parents bought one for my nephew a few chistmases ago for under $30 from Dunham's sports.

I'd suggest you'd just look around in sporting goods stores snd sporting goods dept's at department stores. With summer over you might find them at a good discount.

If you really want to save money, buy the supplies and find a family friend who could make one. You must have family or a family friend that like to build things.

DH made ours as well. He is no woodworking expert but did a great job. Took little time or money and they are regulation size. Ordered bags on ebay. We have a smaller one I bought at Wal-Mart for the kids, paid more for, and it is not even comparable!

When I first saw this thread I was like why would anyone want to put a hole in corn?!?!?:rotfl2:

So you can see it's definitely not popular around here. :)

Now that I know what it is I'd say make your own. Even tho neither DH nor I is good with wood (DH is handy with everything mechanical but can't cut a straight board to save his life :rolleyes1) I'm sure we could make one. They look super simple.

I saw them at our local Costco for the past month or so. They have local college ad pro sports logos on them.

If you're near a Sports Authority.....they have the smaller wooden ones 50% off ($30) and larger plastic ones, looks like a folding table for $99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter