• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Corner/rooms = No Fish extender

PrLissette

Mouseketeer
I heard that some rooms dont have Fish extender outside there door on the Dream:eek:. Its this True????? if so where can we hang ours???

I don't know if this is true or not, but we NEVER travel without those 3M removable hooks. :thumbsup2 They come in handy all over the place, I always use them for extra hooks in the bathrooms. You could use one outside your door, or even on your door. At the end of the cruise, just remove. I've done it many times in hotels. Make sure you follow instructions for the adhesive, and you probably want to pack a few single paks of alcohol wipes to clean the spot so it will adhere for as long as you want it to!

Hope this is helpful. :)

I really want to get in on the Fish extender thing, but I'm new this and we have never been on a cruise before... Can anyone tell me how to go about doing it?? Pretty Please! Thank you!

No, some of the rooms on the Dream do not have fish. They have other letter holders--like starfish and something else.

I really want to get in on the Fish extender thing, but I'm new this and we have never been on a cruise before... Can anyone tell me how to go about doing it?? Pretty Please! Thank you!

It's all set up via your meet thread on the cruise that you will be on.

Someone must take the lead and arrange everything. I've done it once without much problem. The rules are simple, you set them up yourselves - it's what everyone agrees upon.

I don't know if this is true or not, but we NEVER travel without those 3M removable hooks. :thumbsup2 They come in handy all over the place, I always use them for extra hooks in the bathrooms. You could use one outside your door, or even on your door. At the end of the cruise, just remove. I've done it many times in hotels. Make sure you follow instructions for the adhesive, and you probably want to pack a few single paks of alcohol wipes to clean the spot so it will adhere for as long as you want it to!

Hope this is helpful. :)

Thank you great Idea!!! I will have to do this because on what I was told the corner rooms don't have it because there no room for it so a little sad since this will be our 1st disney cruise I was looking to this, Since I mabe my own Fish Extender to hang =((

DCL says NO adhesive on the cabin doors. No matter what anyone here says, the command hooks have adhesive on them and therefore are not to be used on the doors. I would not use one on the outside of my door wall either. I believe ALL rooms have some sort of message holder outside the door.

DCL says NO adhesive on the cabin doors. No matter what anyone here says, the command hooks have adhesive on them and therefore are not to be used on the doors. I would not use one on the outside of my door wall either. I believe ALL rooms have some sort of message holder outside the door.

ok thanks I have to think of something else and for what I was told the corner rooms don't have a message holder do to not having room for it. But thats what i was told I could be wrong. I also read about it on the room review that said there was no fish Extender on cabin 6686 and that room is a corner room. Im going to call disney and ask them about it to put my mind at rest.

What about a magnetic hook to hang on the door?

This room is handicapped accessible, and we were assigned this room for our cruise (none of our party requires this type of room). It was larger than most rooms and had 2 portholes which were really nice. There is no divider curtain between the bed and couch/drop down bed area (sleeps 4). Comparing this room to stateroom 6000 on the Disney Wonder (which we recently sailed on - upgraded to it at the port) we both felt that this room was slightly larger and the bathroom was also slightly larger/wider. It had a large wheel-in shower with a drop down seat and rails. The only negative we found is that the room does NOT have a fish located outside the door, so if you wanted to participate in the fish extender, you would have a problem. Also, on our cruise the navigators were not left in the rooms, but delivered to the fish later in the evening. We had to go down to Guest Services each evening to ask for a Navigator (even though we explained the problem and even had an officer come look to verify there was no fish, they never "fixed" the issue by sliding the Navigator under the door or anything). I also imagine if you were traveling with a wheelchair that the final turn to the room might be a little challenging - it is a sharp turn at the end. Unlike room 6000 on the Wonder, the automatic door for this room did not have a switch to turn it off, so therefore you must wait a few minutes to make sure your door closes completely before walking off. Overall, I'd love to have this room again!

8504 is a corner room and DID HAVE A HOOK......it had a Sea Horse hook instead of a fish.....

Maybe the confusion is in some cabins don't have FISH per se but a different FE hook like the SEAHORSE instead.

MJ

ok thanks I have to think of something else and for what I was told the corner rooms don't have a message holder do to not having room for it. But thats what i was told I could be wrong. I also read about it on the room review that said there was no fish Extender on cabin 6686 and that room is a corner room. Im going to call disney and ask them about it to put my mind at rest.

We had a corner room on the Maiden Voyage and we hung our fish extender with no problems. There wasn't as much room as a 'corridor' room, but it was fine!

Stateroom 7006 is a forward corner room and had a 'fish'.

Thank you everyone for the info!!! its put my mind at rest :angel: and just in case I got some good idea just incase there none =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter