Cordinated outfits?

I plan to have some T-Shirts made as well for my son(13), Daughter(4), and I for embarkation Day. I think we will wear the same color scheme on the rest of the trip. Were going on a quick 3 day so coordination will be a breeze...I hope.

It is only Dh and myself, no kids. We always do some kind of coordinating for trips. We rarely have the same exact shirt. But, we wear the same color - or theme (Disney, port, cruise line, team, etc). On formal nights he will wear a tie that is the same color as my outfit. It's fun and pictures come out great!

Matching shirts also have the potential for ruining surprises. I took my wife on a cruise last January for her 60th birthday. She did not know that all of our kids and grandkids were coming on the cruise as well (the grandkids didn't know either so that they couldn't accidentally say something to Grandma). My daughters had made matching cruise themed t-shirts saying (I'm sailing away for my birthday, I'm sailing away for my wife's/mom's/grandma's birthday that we wore for embarkation. After I got a text telling me that all of rest of the families were in the terminal, my wife and I headed over. After we got through security, a cast member made a comment that he had seen lots of those shirts. Fortunately, she just thought he meant matching shirts in general. Were able to checkin and then went to the concierge lounge where the family surprised her.

We coordinate our shirts for embarkation day just to make the pic look nice. When we do more formal pics on the ship, we at least try just keep it similar. And yes, I guess it is the moms who do this most of the time, but my 23 DD asked about our shirts and wanted one just like mine.

Last edited:

We coordinated or themed our outfits every night on the last cruise we did (ps, we are all adults). We are planning on doing the same for our TA cruise in Sept. Some nights the theme was specific (we all wore plain black with matching shoes) and some were more relaxed (we all did a Disneybound character).

My husband would rather cut off a limb than wear matching outfits! After 18 Disney cruises we gave up on trying to get family pictures. If I get a picture on my IPhone thsts good enough for me. I probably spent thousands on pictures for the first 10 cruises and realized that after looking at them once, they are never seen again.

We don't do it for the ships pictures that are for sale. We do it for the fun! And, for the pictures we take on our own camera (or have DCL staff take for us with our camera.)

We are considering matching shirts for embarkment. Is the backdrop red in pc like pic above in post 27. I can't find our picture from first cruise but I thought it was a blue background. Any ideas?

can't remember what the current background was in PC. From 2007 (our first cruise) it was this:
boarding2.jpg

Found the pictures from our last group cruise with coordinated outfits!

Embarkation:

1379789_10151768073913299_799118294_n_zps6ilinxmm.jpg

Halloween:

999559_10151768084783299_166899988_n_zpsf0fibiiy.jpg

Matching shoe night, bonus of our favorite Fantasy photographer Lee:

84e1e90a-4904-4a97-8dad-cdfe0e790454_zpsnwyc9zfb.jpg

Disneybound:

557983_10151768079688299_848494342_n_zpsb0ahlalx.jpg

Pirate Night:

537787_10151768080753299_1097391557_n_zpsm1wwrfsw.jpg

Families who do this should be forced to walk the plank.

Alright, maybe that's a bit harsh. Make them swab the deck. :P Bottom line (since I believe a majority of the time, the moms are behind this)...stop doing this to your husbands & children.

But, my husband loves when I make us matching outfits. He get a home made shirt and I get a simple dress.

Families who do this should be forced to walk the plank.

Alright, maybe that's a bit harsh. Make them swab the deck. :P Bottom line (since I believe a majority of the time, the moms are behind this)...stop doing this to your husbands & children.

But, my husband loves when I make us matching outfits. He get a home made shirt and I get a simple dress.

My hubby likes it too. But then again, he likes anything where he can build and create. He made his whole pirate costume (including crafting a disturbing "wooden eye" out of a ping pong ball). He's the one who suggested doing it again for our upcoming cruise.

We've done it for some photo ops. Matching/coordinating Hawaiian style clothes is what we've had. It's totally corny, but the pics turn out pretty nice, and where else to be corny but on a fun vacation?! We've also been amazed that so many recognized us later based on our previous clothes.

Sometimes we do it on embarkation day, always for pirate night and we had matching tees for our arrival at Aulani last summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter