Corando Springs or Crarbean Beach resort for a 1st time disney stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ssatterly, May 28, 2013.

1. ssatterly

ssatterly DIS Veteran

Which one is nicer/better and why? We will be 1st timers staying on property for a week?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pieface

pieface Mouseketeer

Just stayed at Coronado springs it was ok suited more for the business travellers. Their food court was awful didn't even have Mickey ears for a treat. C.B. is more for the family traveller food court is great it is a beautiful resort. The only draw back is they have full size beds instead of queen size. You also might consider port Orleans resort they have queen size beds and it is a beautiful resort.

4. mousefan73

mousefan73 DIS Veteran

If you have smaller kids then CBR. Pirate themed pool is cool, zero entry. Both are large with multiple stops.

5. ssatterly

ssatterly DIS Veteran

It will be 2 adults and a 15 y/o DD

6. IhrkeFamily

IhrkeFamily Mouseketeer

Coronado is definitely more business like and quiet. They are connected to a convention center so they get a large number of conventioneers. If you like it quiet and peaceful with little Disney feel then it's a fit for you. CBR is definitely more into the Disney atmosphere. Much more tourists and vacationers. Chose what fits your family the best.

7. Jetta8300

Jetta8300 Mouseketeer

My husband and I stayed at CSR and absolutely LOVED it. The place is absolutely gorgeous, and the pool is amazing. We did not notice a difference between business travelers and vacationers when we were there, it was full of families. We went the first week of May 2011. We really enjoyed the Pepper Market, Cafe Rix, and the Maya Grill. Rooms are much nicer here than at CBR in my opinion, and are a bit larger. The cheesy Nemo beach theme over at CBR just doesn't do it for me..., and CSR seems to get better reviews in general. However I'm sure we will eventually try CBR, we like variety after we try the other moderates. POR next trip!:moped:

8. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

My kids love the pool area at CSR. The playground and arcade is right by the pool so you don't have to leave the area to enjoy them. They also loved all the games, campfires and movies done on a daily basis.

The resort was also a bit easier to get around than CBR. this trip we got the business club room and it was well worth it to have access to the lounge and be close to everything.

9. TotallyTink

TotallyTink Mouseketeer

I would pick CSR over CBR for the sole reason of queen beds over double beds. I haven't stayed at CSR but I hope to in the future. It looks like a beautiful resort. I have stayed at CBR and it was good, but I would probably pick another moderate. I didn't really like the food court but the pool is fun. Our family's favorite moderate is Port Orleans Riverside.

10. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

We loved Coronado Springs. We enjoyed the food court, a step up from mac-n-cheese and chicken strips. Awesome pool.

11. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

Just back from Coronado. springs, it was our favorite resort yet.