• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coranado springs!

mauigal

Yay! For the happiest place on earth!
We are thinking of staying at Coranado this Nov.
What is your favorite area of the resort to stay in? And why?

I love CSR and it's by far my favorite mod. My favorite section is Ranchos. Yes, it's tucked all the way in the back but it's really quiet and peaceful back there. The theming is fantastic too. It's right near the Dig Site pool and it took us about 8 minutes to get from our building to the main building, which really isn't bad.

We also stayed in the Ranchos. We had a car so we only walked to El Centro a few times. Usually we'd drive over, fill up our mugs, and head to the park.

We didn't mind Ranchos. I had requested Casitas and I wasn't pleased when I found out we wouldn't be there. But Ranchos wasn't bad at all. Like the prior person said, tucked away from everything.

We liked Pepper Market and the Grab n Go area (Cafe Rix I think?)

We were in Ranchos 7B and the bus stop was within eyesight of our door. Less than 3 min walk! We were central to just about everything.

Ranchos!!!! It is highly themed and transports me to a place I've never been (and probably not likely to go). I love just walking around the area. Very quiet, close to the main pool area and close to a couple bus stops. The walk to El Centro is 10 minutes or much less depending on how much we sightsee along the way. I also like that I can book a standard room and have a good chance of getting my requests which mean no parking lot view.

I have stayed in both Cabanas and Casitas. Casitas is "the city" homes. I feel like they look like any average condo complex in Florida. I don't like being that far from the main pool and it seems like the business folk tend to request this area to be close to the convention center. Cabanas is fine for location walking to main pool or El Centro, beachy but it's "plain" in feel - unless you look out at the beach and the last bus stop by the rooms to pick up so if you travel to parks during peak times it can be more crowded.

We stayed in Cabanas which was very nice, but we had requested Casitas which still would be my choice. It's close the main buildings and the first bus stop picked up and dropped off which is crucial. It's a good walk to the main pool, but we used the buses more than the pool.

We've only stayed in Casitas 3 Room 3243 with a lake view and we were pleased. we enjoyed the closeness to El Centro and the Rix Lounge!:thumbsup2

Ranchos 7b is a good location. But we stayed at Cabanas 8A, and LOVED the location and theme moreso than Ranchos! Its right across the main pool, super convenience cause thats where you get mug refills and quick service. There's also an arcade at the main pool and volleyball, pingpong plus a bar. Plus there's a bus stop right there as well. Best resort for buses, by far. Never waited for more than 5 min, and never had to stand. Even after wishes! :thumbsup2

OP, check out the resort map and decide for yourself.

Just got back from CSR less than 48 hours ago. It's a nice resort but I would not recommend staying in Casitas 1 unless you are with a convention. We booked a junior suite and were given room 1284. It is on the second floor, 40-50 feet from the convention doors. Very noisy with lots of smokers. I requested top floors, Casita 3 but got this. It came very close to ruining our vacation. I would insist on staying anywhere but Casitas 1 if I were you.

We love the beauty of CSR, as well as their ginormous hot tub. The only advice I can give is to check the convention schedules, large conventions can take over the resort. We have never had any noise issues with conventioneers, but we have encountered huge lines of convention goers at Cafe Rix in the mornings. We like to grab coffee and a quick bite before we head to the parks for the day, and the lines made it impossible. As soon as the convention checked out, we were fine.

Just got back from CSR less than 48 hours ago. It's a nice resort but I would not recommend staying in Casitas 1 unless you are with a convention. We booked a junior suite and were given room 1284. It is on the second floor, 40-50 feet from the convention doors. Very noisy with lots of smokers. I requested top floors, Casita 3 but got this. It came very close to ruining our vacation. I would insist on staying anywhere but Casitas 1 if I were you.

Last trip we had a king room booked and requested Casitas and was told that a large convention was onsite and had all the king rooms in Casitas occupied. So I suspect they put all convention goers in Casitas due to the close proximity to El Centro. However, all preferred rooms are in Casitas 1,2,3. Casitas 4 and 5 can be a a bit of a walk to both the pool and El Centro. Still close to the bus stop.

We are thinking of staying at Coranado this Nov.
What is your favorite area of the resort to stay in? And why?

Requested Ranchos and loved it. Very quiet and cute. Closer to the main pool.

Next time I wanna try the Casitas. They were gorgeous with higher levels.

Reading with interest since - as of this morning - we will be first timers at CSR in January. I love people's reasons for AND against places. Sometimes why people put as a negative for them is a positive for me ;-)

Ranchos 7b is a good location. But we stayed at Cabanas 8A, and LOVED the location and theme moreso than Ranchos! Its right across the main pool, super convenience cause thats where you get mug refills and quick service. There's also an arcade at the main pool and volleyball, pingpong plus a bar. Plus there's a bus stop right there as well. Best resort for buses, by far. Never waited for more than 5 min, and never had to stand. Even after wishes! :thumbsup2

OP, check out the resort map and decide for yourself.

So glad to read about someone who prefers Cabanas on this thread! I just did online check-in for Nov. and requested 2nd floor Cabanas. From the pictures, I just liked the look of it best and I was looking for a rather central location. Quite frankly, I think the only thing that would really upset me would be dealing with a lot of smokers that someone else mentioned. I looked at the convention schedule but didn't see any conventions for my time frame, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not too hard to please, especially if I can be in Disney!!

I absolutely love CSR.... and am another big fan of Cabanas -- pretty close to the main pool and has a wonderful quiet pool right there.

Another vote for cabanas. You are close to the main pool and the main building. As you can see by everyone's responses, CSR is wonderful no matter what section you are in. If you like to work out and want to be near the fitness center and main building then the casitas are the best choice. The cabanas are between the main pool and the main building. The ranchos are farthest from the main building but the closest to the main pool and hot tub. It depends on what is important to you. All of the rooms are wonderful. Each section brings its own feel and they are all nice. I hope you have a great trip!

I've stayed in Casitas twice and I like the theming of the courtyards and fountains in that area. Very pretty! I was in bldg 4 last time, which was very close to the quiet pool and fitness center.

Going back in December. I never request a section, just take what they give me!

Cabanas worked well for us but the only con I had for it was that it was closest to the bus stop outside of El Centro, which is the last stop picked up and last dropped off. It was often a more crowded stop, and meant standing room only a lot of the time when headed to the park. Sometimes, we'd opt to walk the extra 5 minutes over to Casitas to be on the first pick up/drop off.

I've stayed at CSR 5 times (#6 coming up in less than 30 days!) -- 3 times in Cabanas and twice in Ranchos. I like the theming of Ranchos with the cacti and interesting architecture, but overall like the location of the Cabanas better. The rooms are all the same on the inside. We've yet to be in Casitas but the buildings are pretty.

We are thinking of staying at Coranado this Nov. What is your favorite area of the resort to stay in? And why?
I've only ever stayed in Casitas 1 because I wanted a preferred room so I could be close to the main building. It was ok, but not really all that close. I guess I've been spoiled by the small size of my preferred moderate resort, POFQ.

Ranchos twice in the past loved it being close to the Dig Site didn't mind the walk to main building cause I live in a big city so walking not a issue.

Casitas once for a convention had a Exec Suite OMG loved it no noise or smoker issues and quick walk to the pool in that area, fitness center. Loved being near the main building.

As far as transportion don't go to the main building stop during peak season cause the main building stop is really the last stop buses be packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter