Coral Reef or Tutto Italia for a quieter sit down meal?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
Surprising my hubby with a quick Disney trip after a surprise cruise that he also knows nothing about! LOL

We have been to Disney multiple times so trying to plan my meals for some places we haven't been since this will be our first trip without our kids (they are both off to college this fall and are not going to be happy when they realize we are going without them LOL).

We did Coral Reef a long time ago and I seem to remember liking it and it wasn't crazy and loud. I was able to get an ADR for there for our first night but we have never been to Tutto and the menu sounds wonderful. So far I haven't been able to get the ADR for that for the night I want....is it worth it to drive myself planning crazy to keep checking to see if they end up with an opening?

Which would you do with just two adults and why? Thanks.....it's getting real now and not sure how long I can keep my mouth shut! LOL

I remember Coral Reef being pretty loud, with a lot of kids. Tutto Italia was maybe a bit quieter? We've been to both places at least 4 times.
I think if your ADR is prime dinner time it will be louder. If you eat slightly later or earlier than the crowd you will probably experience less noise. Most people seem to eat dinner between 6 - 8:30.

Even San Angel Inn, with its dim and romantic atmosphere has a din of noise to it, the clamor of plates and silverware, people talking, etc.

I'd say choose whichever place that you like their menu.

I remember Coral Reef being pretty loud, with a lot of kids. Tutto Italia was maybe a bit quieter? We've been to both places at least 4 times.

Even the place I was suggesting isn't "quiet" (in an intimate sense) - Yachtsman Steakhouse might be better in that sense (also not in Epcot)

All Disney restaurants will be filled with (hopefully) happy families and groups, so prior posters are correct that there are few truly "quiet" dinner options. However, at Coral Reef, if you are seated close to the tank widows you run the risk of extra interruptions as other people's children are known to try to squeeze in front of you for a better look. And if you are seated farthest away from the tank, well, why bother?

Better question is which type of food your DH would like best, and try for those ADRs. I do like Tutto and of the 2 Italian options within Epcot it is a trifle quieter because more groups with children flock to Via Napoli for the pizza. Spice Road is less full and therefore another quieter option. Marrakesh, although noisy in terms of hardscape, is also a bit less busy and often seems to have fewer groups with multiple children, again giving you that more adult experience you are looking for. I have not eaten at Spice Road but am very fond of Marrakesh.

am very fond of Marrakesh.
I also love Marrakesh & have enjoyed this a number of times. Check out the menu on disney dining reservation site or allears. If you see entrees you'd enjoy, this would be my first pick for a more adult, atmospheric dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter