Coral Reef or Garden Grill?

KariAnn0613

Earning My Ears
I have an ADR for Garden Grill in October. I am thinking about switching to Coral Reef though. We have children ages 7, 5, 3, & 2. We will be going for the enjoyment of our children, but need at least decent food. We have other ADRs ( crystal palace, chef Mickey, CRT, tusker house & BOG). Which would you choose & why?

I would choose Garden Grill because of the kids age... The food will be "decent" there and the kids will like that the restaurant moves and they will see characters :)

We have done CR on several trips over the years. Our children are now 13, 12 8, and 4. I think we ate there on our second trip when my oldest was then only 6 or 7. My kids all request the CR. The food is pretty good, and the kids enjoy getting to watch the aquarium. You can request a first row table to get an even better view of the aquarium. I have heard some negatives on the food at GG, but that was awhile ago.

I would say try Coral Reef. It looks like you have several other character meals booked already. The aquarium atmosphere might be a nice change of pace.

You have a lot of other good character meal choices booked, and this would be a bit different. We've eaten there each year, at the request of DD10, and we enjoy the food a lot. Their chocolate wave desert is one of my favorites in the World. Its just as conveniently located as GG, as we hit Nemo, Crush, etc before or after our meal (depending on whether we do lunch or dinner there). Have fun on your trip!

We've done both, and with all of your other character dining ressies, I would go with Coral Reef. (Assuming you don't have a kid who is a giant Chip and Dale fan.) Character dining is fun, but can be overwhelming after a while. The food at CR gets mixed reviews on here, but my whole family liked it.

I agree with the pp who said the Chocolate Wave is a favorite -- it's fantastic.

Both are great for kids....I would look at both menus and choose what the majority would like best.

We haven't been to GG yet, but we did to Coral Reef when our kids were 18 mo, 4, and 7 and we all enjoyed it very much!! Matter of fact, it's on our list of places to go back to someday. :goodvibes hope this helps!

We have done CR on several trips over the years. Our children are now 13, 12 8, and 4. I think we ate there on our second trip when my oldest was then only 6 or 7. My kids all request the CR. The food is pretty good, and the kids enjoy getting to watch the aquarium. You can request a first row table to get an even better view of the aquarium. I have heard some negatives on the food at GG, but that was awhile ago.

Get a 1st row table; you & your children won't be disappointed. :thumbsup2 Our DDs love the Coral Reef, even though they are not big on seafood, except scallops & shrimp.

I would do Coral Reef too as you have a lot of CMs and kids tend to not eat as well at those. I like CR and it is a much more relaxed meal. I am not sure if there are tables for 6 on the first tier or not but certainly ask and be willing to wait for it. It is very cool. The food at GG is good. A better quality than most Character meals but it is different and there is not choice. You get what you get. My DS did not eat very well there but the character interaction there is fantastic!!!

Go with Garden Grill!!!
Coral Reef is fun, but by the time you walk through and see the aquariums, and do "Turtle Talk with Crush" most kids have lost the awe of seeing the fish. (Unless you have kids that can watch fish for hours!)

Garden Grill has good food (I really like the kids' foods that comes family-style) and the fact that the restaurant spins is very cool. Ask to be on the outer edge so that you can see all of the landscapes changing.

Garden Grill has been a family favorite for years (kids are now 12 and 8) and we've done Coral Reef a few times, but our kids weren't huge fans.

Good luck and p.m. me if you have any other questions - I LOVE talking Disney!! :goodvibes

I have never ate at Garden Grill, but we will never go back to Coral Reef. We ate there last Aug and it was terrible. We had a horrible server and awful food. We were really looking forward to this place, as my family members are scuba divers. Diving at The Seas is always the highlight of our trip.

The atmosphere is wonderful and the aquarium is really cool. But bad food and bad service will stop us from going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter