Coral Reef Menu Changes

Pugrpooh

DIS Veteran
We ate at CR last night and the only downside was that we had to wait about a half hour for our ADR. The waiter said they had just rolled out a new menu this week and they now offer King crab legs as an entree. Gone are the Bavarian cheesecake and citrus creme brulee. They now have a butterscotch creme brulee and key lime tart (which DH ordered and said it was good but not as good as the chocolate wave).

Also as an entree they had a pumpkin risotto. I was checking allears menu this morning and I don't remember seeing the shrimp and pasta dish on the menu last night, but I'm not sure. DH and I ordered the NY strip, my dad got the pork chop, mom got the mahi mahi and sis got the chicken breast. Everyone enjoyed the meal, service was great, everything cooked well.

I also don't remember the crab claw salad that's listed on allears either.

Very stupid, and OT, question: What is butterscotch?
I have seen it on menus many times, but since I have no clue what it is, I am too scared to try it.

Are you sure you don't mean the butterscotch is gone and the citrus is in its place? i just ate there this week and they had citrus but no butterscotch.:)

Thank you, I know now I don't have to order it, because I won't like it :)
Glad that that mystery has been solved :teeth:

Hmmm... wonder when the new menu will appear online, I am curious now, A little more than a month to go before we'll eat there...

Are you sure you don't mean the butterscotch is gone and the citrus is in its place? i just ate there this week and they had citrus but no butterscotch.:)

I'm pretty sure it was the butterscotch. I love creme brulee but I remember passing it by in favor of the chocolate wave. I was going to order the Bavarian cheesecake but it was no longer on the menu (I remember it from Biergarten and it was wonderful!)

Akershus has a new menu they just rolled out. We ate there yesterday for lunch and I brought the menu home so if anyone has questions, I can answer them!

We ate at CR last night and the only downside was that we had to wait about a half hour for our ADR. The waiter said they had just rolled out a new menu this week and they now offer King crab legs as an entree. Gone are the Bavarian cheesecake and citrus creme brulee. They now have a butterscotch creme brulee and key lime tart (which DH ordered and said it was good but not as good as the chocolate wave).

Also as an entree they had a pumpkin risotto. I was checking allears menu this morning and I don't remember seeing the shrimp and pasta dish on the menu last night, but I'm not sure. DH and I ordered the NY strip, my dad got the pork chop, mom got the mahi mahi and sis got the chicken breast. Everyone enjoyed the meal, service was great, everything cooked well.

I also don't remember the crab claw salad that's listed on allears either.

Glad to hear that the food was good. We're going to CR for the first time during our November trip. Do you know if the grilled pork chop and chicken was good. DW is a picky eater, but she loves grilled pork chops and chicken. :goodvibes

Glad to hear that the food was good. We're going to CR for the first time during our November trip. Do you know if the grilled pork chop and chicken was good. DW is a picky eater, but she loves grilled pork chops and chicken. :goodvibes

Everyone enjoyed their meals. My sister got the chicken and she is a pretty picky eater too.

now i don't know what to order next month....

wanted the prime rib, but that's gone....

maybe the lobster salad/soup entree, with two appetizers (DH doesn't like any of the choices, so i can have both!) - add dessert, and i should be a happy camper - now if only they had those crab cakes again....

Our two best meals of the week were at CR and Kona. On 9/20, the new menu with butterscotch creme brulee - DH ordered it - and crab legs entree was definitely in place.

I had the catfish and chocolate wave (borrowed some of DS's ice cream). Both were heavenly. DH and the boys loved the mahi as well.

DSC_0174.jpg

Thank you I'm eating here Christmas Eve love the King Crab addition:hippie:

Hey I was there for dinner on 9/20 our ADR was at 7:50. I also had the butterscotch. it was yummy.

Thanks for posting! I'll be there in 3 weeks and can't wait to try out some new stuff. Now if only Cape May would make some seafood changes, or at least add some, I would be happy to revisit them. I can't believe CR changed again. We've eaten there in Feb/April/May/August this year and I think the menu was different on at least 3 of those visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter