Coral Reef for 2 at dinner? Close to aquarium tank?

AKNOTTS66

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are thinking of eating here how hard is it to get a table closer to the glass for a table for 2? Around 6pm? any couples experiences here? hard to see from the photos of tables of 2 looks like the second row from the glass is big parties. Front row is tables of 4 maybe?

It's not a question of "hard". It is a question of your willingness to wait. As you probably know, ADRs are not like traditional reservations. The restaurant does not hold a specific table for you. Instead, you get the next available table for the party of your size. If you want to wait for a specific table, you can always do so. If the next aquarium-side table opens up in 30 minutes, you just have to be prepared to allow other people with ADR times after you to be seated before you at all the tables that open up in that 30 minute window while you wait for your table to clear. The only problem with this is that many of the restaurants at WDW (including Coral Reef) aren't really set up for people to hang around waiting. It can be uncomfortable and awkward. It's not like you can have a seat at the bar and wait for the host/hostess to come get you when your desired table opens up. And you can't leave and come back, because the restaurant is going to seat someone at the desirable table the moment the opportunity arises. As far as there being tables for 2 alongside the aquarium, this picture shows that several couples dining up against the glass.

coral_reef_500.jpg

A Booth on the 2nd level in the middle of the level is my preferred choice. Full view of the whole tank. And kids (even Adults)not crowding your space to get closer to the aquarium.

Kae

Great! I dont mind waiting I just wasnt sure how the system worked. If we can wait to get close or decently close to the glass thats great :)

Most of the tables for two are at the lowest level of the restaurant. We, my wife and I, always eat here and always get a front seat to the glass. I should warn you that getting reservations for this facility is a must unless you want to wait for hours.

I have been to Coral Reef twice as a party of two and both times were seated at a two top that was touching the aquarium, so I think those tables are mostly two tops.

We have gone twice with 2.
Once right by the tank and once just next to another 2 top by the tank.

The two times we went as 2, we were seated at the glass. There was two tables side by side that sat two each. Both times we were next to glass and there was another couple next to us with about a 12-15" between our tables. A few were seated as 4 with the tables pushed together but not many. When we came with more than two we were moved up to the stadium seating.

My wife and I dined there this past May for the first time on a Saturday around six ish and were seated at a table for two against the tank. I was secretly hoping we would get a tank side table but also told myself; so did everyone else. The cast member who seated us, told us on the way in that you are really going to like your table. She was right. It was a very very enjoyable time. I don't blame you for requesting one of those tables.

I've had a trackside table before. The issue - aside from other diners trying to get close - is that you only see your small section of the tank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter