• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef Diver Question - tip???

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
Do you actually meet the diver that holds up your banner at Coral Reef? I know the service is free, but should we tip? If yes, who??? :confused3

You don't meet the diver. I didn't tip anything extra. My reservations got messed up and it didn't turn out how I had planned but we did get the diver sign in the long run but no personalized menu (sad about that one). If things had went smooth from the start the way they were planned, I might would have added a little something extra to the tip.

You don't meet the diver. I didn't tip anything extra. My reservations got messed up and it didn't turn out how I had planned but we did get the diver sign in the long run but no personalized menu (sad about that one). If things had went smooth from the start the way they were planned, I might would have added a little something extra to the tip.

Is this for b'days and anniversaries? how much is this and how is it arranged? Will this be a guaranteed way for us to get a table at the aquarium? we will be in Disney for our 5th anniversary. We were planning on eating here during our stay. Having a table at the aquarium would be great for our 2yr old. tiffany

Is this for b'days and anniversaries? how much is this and how is it arranged? Will this be a guaranteed way for us to get a table at the aquarium? we will be in Disney for our 5th anniversary. We were planning on eating here during our stay. Having a table at the aquarium would be great for our 2yr old. tiffany
It is FREE! :woohoo:
We are celebrating our anniversary, but they do birthdays too. You call the restaurant to arrange it.

I don't think it gets you a seat next to the aquarium, but I could be wrong. This is the first time we've done it. Last year we just told them at check-in that we wanted to wait for a seat next to the tank. Our wait was a little longer, but definitely worth it!! :yay:

as per my trip report in my sig, i just did a diver and personalized menu and everything was flawless. the only thing that concerned me was that there was no tipoff or indication when the diver was coming, but i suspect they were ahead of us there anyway. they know what they're doing.

we were given a table right in front of the aquarium. also, because the manager wasn't sure if a diver would be available at my original dining time, 8:10, she told me to show up at 7 pm (ADR was unchanged). the CMs at check-in were a little bit confused by it, but it all worked out.

and despite what i had heard from previous reports, the diver did not come to the table nor did we get to keep the sign.

Last August the diver came out and over to the table. She then handed my husband the sign. I don't know if this makes any difference but we had a late lunch that day and the restaurant was not packed. Maybe it also depends on who is the diver that day. It definitely is a great souvenier.

We just had a diver on 5/29. We were supposed to get a personalized menu as well, but for some reason we didn't. The diver didn't come out and give us the sign either. We did have a seat right next to the tank. One thing I did get upset over though, was when we were checking in for our ADR, the CM who helped us was saying "you have a table for two", yadda yadda yadda, then to my dismay, she says "Oh, you guys have a banner!" I was very upset,because this was to be a honeymoon surprise for DH. He was like "a what?" How am I suppose to cover that? I know she probably didn't mean to, and she seemed very flustered once she realized her mistake, but I couldn't help but be upset by it.

We just had a diver on 5/29. We were supposed to get a personalized menu as well, but for some reason we didn't. The diver didn't come out and give us the sign either. We did have a seat right next to the tank. One thing I did get upset over though, was when we were checking in for our ADR, the CM who helped us was saying "you have a table for two", yadda yadda yadda, then to my dismay, she says "Oh, you guys have a banner!" I was very upset,because this was to be a honeymoon surprise for DH. He was like "a what?" How am I suppose to cover that? I know she probably didn't mean to, and she seemed very flustered once she realized her mistake, but I couldn't help but be upset by it.
I am so glad you told me that! I will make sure I check-in alone. I'll get DH to stand with kids. THANKS!!!

We also just got back and did it for our inlaws 40th on May 28th. We did get a really good table and we didn't have any warning that the diver was coming. My dh just happened to be taping when he showed up which was about 30 minutes after we sat down. Our menu thingie didn't work out either but I was just happy about the diver and the awesome dessert and champagne they received!
mousiemom

I'll be making an adr for dd's birthday on 18th Dec so thanks for the tip.I'll ring up and try to arrange a banner.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter