Copying another poster..How much does average Dis'er pay for wdw vacay?

monica9

DIS Veteran
This is a copy from another FUN thread about the average family only spending $2000 on a vacation. I cannot see that being the average in 2012 and for wdw. Just my honest opinion.
So, what do we Disboarders spend on average?

We spent about $4000 not including flight or gas(driving) for:
2nights 3 days at Renaissance hotel At seaworld and two day park tix to SW
6nights 7days at Wilderness Lodge (woods view)
free dining (will be paying out of pocket for 6 kids ts)
5 day base
mvmcp
bbb (bringing own dress)
This is for 2 adults 1 child (4yr old)

With flight and 7 nights at POR and Deluxe Dining for me DW and DD looking at $4000, little less is FD comes out for my time frame.

Last time we visited the world was in September 2010. 14 nights at POP, UK 14 days for the price of 7 ultimate Disney tickets, Virgin flights from Manchester to Orlando and 14 days car hire from Dollar (Platinum package) £2348 for the 2 of us (about $3690 at todays exchange rate). We also managed to get through £1200 spending money - mostly food & gas for the car - we drove to the beach at St Petes, to St Augustine for a day out and to Port Canaveral!! (about $1800 I think)

For the 3 of us, not including flights, it is going to be close to $2500 when all is said and done.
6 nights AoA LM room
6-day base tix
MNSSHP for 3
BBB hair/make-up/nails only
CRT for 3

Our Vacations usually run average about $2500. We've never qualified for Free Dining, usually we take the room discount rather tha pay rack rate.

These will be our last trip and two upcoming: Just My Hubby to Be and Me (No Kids Yet)
October 2011: 4 days/3 Nights
Room: Coronado Springs - Appox. $900
Park Tickets: 350.00
Flight: No Charge - Used Delta FF Miles
Food: $500. ($250 of which was at one place)
Total =$1750

October 2012. 6 Days/5 Nights
Room: POFQ + Dining Plan = $2,054.00
Park Tickets: $650ish (Upgrading to Annuals this time around)
Flight: Again No Charge - Used our LAST FF Delta Miles :(.
Total = $3,354 (if you include upgrade to Annual Passes)

February 2013: 10 days/9 Nights
Room: Coronado Springs Resport: $2,134.90 (Rack Rate) (AP Discount's not out yet)
Dining Plan $1000
Park Tickets: N/A Will be using the Annual Passes we're buying in October)
Flight: Between $700-$900 We're flying Jet Blue or Air Tran.
Total = $4034.90 (Haven't applied AP discount yet)

So our Average is around $2500-$3000 per vacation. doing it all out like this makes me think it might be time to look into DVC. :scared1:

This year my sister and I are going in late Nov - early Dec for 4 nights:
1 night POP - $89 (AAA discount on room)
3 nights SSR - $560 (renting points)
no DDP - We'll probably spend about $400 total for food and drinks
Flights - 2 round trip tickets = $436 total
Tickets - $600ish for 4 day PH
Total - about $2100

Not too bad! :p

I would say $1500 to $2000, but that doesn't include tickets since we are AP holders. We also don't have to travel since we live 30 mins away. We are staying at WL CL for our next trip and hoping to keep it under $2000 with dining and a good pass holder discount. We have done weekend trips with dining for as little as $300.

We typically go for about two weeks, and our total for gas (around 1,500 miles driving), food, lodging, tickets, etc. is about $4,000 or about $2,000 per week. We are going for 16 days in a few weeks and our total is just over $5,000, but this includes season passes that we will use for at least two additional trips.

I can't imagine spending $4,000 for a week :eek:

Because I have only planned long weekend trips, I could realistically plan a trip for 2k. Since I prefer queen beds, I prefer not to stick to 2k. :)

My last trip cost around $3.5k and included:
2 adults and 1 child
Flight from Philly
5 nights at POR
3-day base tickets
1 day admission to IoA
Meals (both CS and TS, OOP)
souvenirs

This upcoming trip is costing $1700 and includes:
2 adults, 1 child
1 airfaire from philly (we have 2 comp tickets)
3 nights at POFQ
2 day base tickets
3 tickets to MNSSHP

Plus misc costs for souvenirs, tips, any food OOP.

(If we didn't have the 2 free tickets, it would have cost about $600 more)

Unfortunately, at Disney, it's very easy to spend more than $2k!!! We haven't paid under that amount since DH and I were without kiddos!

Since 2009 (and including the cost of next years trip), we average about $5900 per trip, but we always stay between 8-10 nights (usually 10). This figure also includes RT airfare for 4 as well as spending money. We currenty have AP's so the was a big purchase that factors into my calculations....

Our cheapest cheap as a family of four included a value resort (POP), hoppers, DDP, flights and spending money for 8 nights, that trip was $3500!!! Pretty good I think...

Our most expensive trip was around $8700 this past July, where we stayed WL CL for 10 nights, and the time when we bought our AP's ($1928 - but will be using those also for next years trip) , we had DDP and did a lot of special stuff (Pirates League, date night, etc...)

Our trip next year is running around $6300 including everything...resort is 5 nights YC and 5 nights Poly CL, no DDP but will use TiW. :faint:

It's a lot of money I know, but the memories and time with my family is absolutely priceless. My DH is in the military and is deployed often, so we appreciate our time together. :goodvibes

This is what our October 2012 trip will cost. It's me, DH and DD (15).

Airfare = $1,057
Airport Parking = $60
Ground Transportation* = $124
Package (5 nights @ Poly / 3-day base tickets) = $3,314
Dining = FREE!
MNSSHP Tickets (3) = $193
Spending Money/Other = $500
Total = $5,248

* We get a towncar in FL. I'd do DME but DH won't do buses. Snob. :laughing:

Yes, it's alot of money but never once have we gotten to WDW and said "gee, I can't believe this is costing us $XXXX". We are so happy to be there and always have so much fun that we forget about the financial part of it. At least we have the trip paid off before we go so we don't come home to a big credit card bill!!

I've never understood why people want to know what other people spend on their vacations. What does it matter? It's not like we're all doing the same thing, right? While we're at it, how much money does everyone make? And how much does everyone weigh?

I've never understood why people want to know what other people spend on their vacations. What does it matter? It's not like we're all doing the same thing, right? While we're at it, how much money does everyone make? And how much does everyone weigh?

I got a kick out of this one!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I've actually seen the equivalent of the "how much do you make" thread...:rotfl2:
I believe it was titled "what percentage of your income goes to Disney".

Honestly, I think people are interested in these threads and seek out the posts with trips similar to their own, to know they are not being hosed or to see if they are missing some type of discount.

It can be informative, I think.

I'll Play:

8 Days, 9 Nights at the Beach Club Garden View Club Level, 4 Disney adults.

Airfare - Free with points. Would have cost around $1700.
Room & Ticket Package - $6380
Food - Free with Disney Promo.

Total $6380.00

Pretty good deal to me.

We usually go at least twice a year. This will be the first trip in a while that doesn't have a Disney cruise after it :( . Usually with the Disney cruise added in we are over 12K for 15 days or so of vacation. We have never once said ' This isn't worth it' :)

If we lived closer I could see a bunch of shorter trips, but we are pretty far away so we make the most out of the airfare we can.

I'm never one to discuss money (especially MINE!;) ) so I will just say "a boatload!!!!!" or as a good friend (who also has a Disney addiction) put it when I booked our 9 day stay at BCV "You could buy a Ford Focus for that!!!!" which is why DH and I now refer to the trip as "the Ford Focus" around the kids because they don't know about it yet. :rotfl2:

Just under 2000 per trip for our family of four. We go two to three times a year, for 5 days and 4 nights, use the dining plan, we only spend 3 days in the parks each trip, and stay at BCV, BWV, or OKW with our DVC membership. With our DVC we don't have to pay for a place to stay because we already make that payment once a year through our annual dues.

We pay 7500 every year TOTAL.
That is:
9-10 nights at POR (ALWAYS some discount)
Food (ts, cs,snacks every day)
spending $ for souv.
2 days at Universal (or Busch gardens- we alternate)
7 day Disney base tix
Plus the drive from OH- ( gas, 2 nights hotel and food)

I do remember back in the day when we did $2000 trips. When we only had to pay for DH and I, and maybe 1 child.Just looked back at 2006 trip, entire package was $1500 with FD, 7 days at POP.WOW

This thread is missing a Poll for those that dont like to share all of the details.

Can a mod add one?

being a relatively new disney person reading these post would scare the pixie dut off any thinking i would have that disney is affordable.

i have yet to spend that kind of money on any vacation.

we just came back from a week in aruba and labor day weekend in disney and did not even spend 3000 for 2 adults and a 6 year old. air fare, all food, drink,s entertainment nightly,etc. (10 days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter