Copper Creek Studio or 1 bedroom Animal Kingdom?!?

athumann

Mouseketeer
I wish I was one of those people that could make a resort decision and stick to it but alas I am an over thinker!

So here's the scenario: me, my Disney hating husband, daughter, son in law and 2 year old grandson will be heading to Disney mid December. Husband will only be with us the first 2 days to watch grandson freak out when he meets Mickey for the first time so I want something nice for when he's there so my options are as follows:

First 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House and then after he leaves move to a studio at Copper Creek for 4 nights.

Or

All 6 nights at Copper Creek in a studio.

I know my husband will be impressed by AKL (I have stayed there before, he has not) and I like the idea of the extra space while he's there but our first full day will be at Magic Kingdom and I love taking the boat from Wilderness Lodge!! He's only there for 2 nights so maybe the close quarters of the studio won't be a big issue!! Please tell me what you would do!!!!

One bedroom to studio. If your husband were only apathetic I would do the studio all nights. Hating Disney, I'd get the separate rooms.

Alternative: can you get two CC studios for those two nights, then check out of yours when he leaves and move into the other?

I would do the 1-bedroom. There is no way I would squeeze 4 adults and a 2-year old in a studio at any resort. Perhaps instead of taking the bus to MK the first morning, you could take a Minnie Van to make it a little more special?

Another vote for the 1 bedroom. Plus the 1 bedroom units at kidani have 2 bathrooms. Plus if you get a safari balcony view your little guy will love seeing the animals. Take the shuttle to kidani - he will also love the kiddie spray park.

I would do option number one as Disney hating DH may end up hating it more in a small studio, even for only two nights!

Thanks so much for the unanimous decision making everyone! That's really what I was leaning toward but just needed some validation. I don't relish packing up after 2 days but I think it will be worth it!!!

I wish I was one of those people that could make a resort decision and stick to it but alas I am an over thinker!

So here's the scenario: me, my Disney hating husband, daughter, son in law and 2 year old grandson will be heading to Disney mid December. Husband will only be with us the first 2 days to watch grandson freak out when he meets Mickey for the first time so I want something nice for when he's there so my options are as follows:

First 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House and then after he leaves move to a studio at Copper Creek for 4 nights.

Or

All 6 nights at Copper Creek in a studio.

I know my husband will be impressed by AKL (I have stayed there before, he has not) and I like the idea of the extra space while he's there but our first full day will be at Magic Kingdom and I love taking the boat from Wilderness Lodge!! He's only there for 2 nights so maybe the close quarters of the studio won't be a big issue!! Please tell me what you would do!!!!
When are you going and are you planning to rent DVC for your stay? Depending on availability, your decision might be made for you!

When are you going and are you planning to rent DVC for your stay? Depending on availability, your decision might be made for you!

I'm booking through Disney and as of right now both options are available for our dates in December!

I'm booking through Disney and as of right now both options are available for our dates in December!
Then I agree with the PPs. Do the split stay. A CCV studio would be too crowded for 5 people when 4 of them are adults. In fact, if you can get the 1-bedroom for more nights, I would try to stay put there. Even 3 adults in a CCV studio is going to be tight and there will be no privacy or even a place to relax while the 2 year old falls alsleep.

Then I agree with the PPs. Do the split stay. A CCV studio would be too crowded for 5 people when 4 of them are adults. In fact, if you can get the 1-bedroom for more nights, I would try to stay put there. Even 3 adults in a CCV studio is going to be tight and there will be no privacy or even a place to relax while the 2 year old falls alsleep.

Thank you! I was trying to find info on square footage for the resorts and couldnt find anything!!!

Thank you! I was trying to find info on square footage for the resorts and couldnt find anything!!!
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?20457-DVC-Rooms-Charts-with-detailed-room-info

The chart shows the square footage for each DVC unit. However, square footage alone can be deceiving. BLT has the tightest fitting studios on property but they have a very generous space allotted to the kitchenette. Most CCV studios are only one square foot larger (the alt.studios are not currently a booking category, so it's best not to base your expectations on getting one), but the kitchenette is laid out in a manner similar to other DVC studios.

Look at it this way, CCV villas were created by taking existing hotel rooms at WL and converting them to DVC. A studio is the same size as a WL hotel room but they've added a kitchenette where the closet was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter