CoPilot Satnav?

MissKip

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience with CoPilot on their iPhone?

At £10 its cheaper than buying maps for my Garmin and also saves me having to carry it.

Would I be right in that you dont need to have your 3G enabled to use it? Is it still turn by turn with data roaming off?

We used CoPilot last August for our Florida roadtrip. It is excellent. I loved not having to have zip code for places, being able to search for restaurants, shops and gas stations nearby. Well worth it, in my opinion. We used it on DH's Samsung Galaxy tab with no data roaming/wifi and it worked just fine.

thank you wilma-bride :thumbsup2 glad you have a good review as I was just a bit worried that I go with it and it gets us completely lost or I end up with a massive data bill when we get home! :sad2:

Sunset_Princess yes, its an app here is the link: http://www.copilotlive.com/uk/personal/

I shelled out £40 ish for the Tom Tom for iPhone. It was the best £40 I ever spent. It doesn't need a data connection and even shows you which lane you need to be in on the roads in case you get confused!

I shelled out £40 ish for the Tom Tom for iPhone. It was the best £40 I ever spent. It doesn't need a data connection and even shows you which lane you need to be in on the roads in case you get confused!

CoPilot does the same, to the point where (on major roads with multiple lanes) you will actually get a photographic image also, to show where you should be to take an exit or join a major highway.

CoPilot does the same, to the point where (on major roads with multiple lanes) you will actually get a photographic image also, to show where you should be to take an exit or join a major highway.

This I like, may save a few arguments where I would otherwise end up getting the blame for us being in the wrong lane! :rotfl:

This I like, may save a few arguments where I would otherwise end up getting the blame for us being in the wrong lane! :rotfl:

That happens in our house (well, car) too. Navigating is a thankless task :rotfl:

I've downloaded the free version of CoPilot, opting for South USA maps as the free set. I'll be interested to see how it gets on when I get out there in a couple of weeks.

I've downloaded the free version of CoPilot, opting for South USA maps as the free set. I'll be interested to see how it gets on when I get out there in a couple of weeks.

Would love to here how you get on :goodvibes

Hi

I used the free CoPilot for a visit to LA. and it was fantastic. We were able to route to many places including Las Vegas. I've got it all ready for our visit to Orlando I would totally recommend it.
Lynn

Wow, I always thought that downloading a GPS app would require some internet usage. I was actually prepared to buy a new one at Walmart next we go, after we had some bad experiences with the one we rented from here in the UK.

I'll definitely let you know how I get on. I've put it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet, which has Wifi and GPS but no 3G. As far as I'm aware, I'll not have any access to wifi whilst driving around Orlando, so it'll definitely be worth seeing if it works (assuming my son doesn't drain the battery on the trip over!)

I never thought of tablets, does it work on an ipad as well then? It'll be a little bit easier to see on a bigger screen :P + that I like using my phone for playing music while I'm driving.

I downloaded the Android app and have been using it in the UK since Xmas. Works really well, so I got the Florida maps too. Doesn't use any data, so will be perfect for roaming.

I never thought of tablets, does it work on an ipad as well then? It'll be a little bit easier to see on a bigger screen :P + that I like using my phone for playing music while I'm driving.

Not sure about iPad, we're a strictly Android family - but DH used it on his tablet last year and it was great.

Just remembered to check back to give a review on how I got on with the copilot free app on the Samsung Note.

My tablet doesn't have wifi, but does have GPS so used that easily enough. The free app, having chosen USA maps worked quite well, so long as I had an address to use. There didn't appear to be a voice to read out the instructions, so I had to rely on my passenger navigating from the app like a map, but other than those things, it worked really well as a 'free option'.

Just remembered to check back to give a review on how I got on with the copilot free app on the Samsung Note.

My tablet doesn't have wifi, but does have GPS so used that easily enough. The free app, having chosen USA maps worked quite well, so long as I had an address to use. There didn't appear to be a voice to read out the instructions, so I had to rely on my passenger navigating from the app like a map, but other than those things, it worked really well as a 'free option'.

The paid version has audio instruction, and lots of preloaded POIs etc. I've downloaded it ready for our trip and got the UK maps as well so I've been using it a lot for work, tis very good. maps are stored on the device so no data connection needed. As always though with any smartphone when abroad, remember to turn off your data connection to prevent the phone running up charges!!

Does anyone know with the various different GPS whether you have to put an address in or could I just for instance put SEAWORLD, ORLANDO.

I was going to hire a car with GPS but they seem to charge you more.

the sat nav I got from Alamo you could type in seaworld, sweet tomatoes etc & it found it for you, was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter