COP: Stuck in the 40's! What rides have you been "stuck" on?

wendybeth75

"Thanks for noticing me"
On our Spring Break Vacation a couple of weeks ago we were doing carousel of Progress (for the second time our trip) when we literally got stuck in the 40's! Not once, not twice, but three times we were in the 40's. No CM ever came over the speaker or acknowledged. We had no idea what in Sam's Hill was going on! Finally, we got out of the 40's and back to modern day to enjoy our vacation. It was just so bizarre. We still don't know what the problem was. I will say it wasn't quite as annoying as the time we got stuck on IASM. That song gets stuck in your head WITHOUT getting stuck on the ride. What rides have you been stuck on?

On our Spring Break Vacation a couple of weeks ago we were doing carousel of Progress (for the second time our trip) when we literally got stuck in the 40's! Not once, not twice, but three times we were in the 40's. No CM ever came over the speaker or acknowledged. We had no idea what in Sam's Hill was going on! Finally, we got out of the 40's and back to modern day to enjoy our vacation. It was just so bizarre. We still don't know what the problem was. I will say it wasn't quite as annoying as the time we got stuck on IASM. That song gets stuck in your head WITHOUT getting stuck on the ride. What rides have you been stuck on?

The same one in 2006!! It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" is burned into my brain forever!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

During my last trip my girlfriend and I got stuck in the mainframe computer area of spaceship earth for about 15 minutes before they decided to deboard the ride and have everybody walk down next to the track and out some employee stairs. All in all it was actually pretty fun because we got to get a closer view and take some pictures nearer the Audio-animatronics while going "backstage." My girlfriend loved it because she loves the kitschy-ness of the ride.

We got stuck on Test Track last year just as we were getting started and had to be walked out. We were the first car released so we had to walk by every other car and wait while the CMs released them. It was actually kind of interesting to see how it all worked and see what it looked like in slow motion.

That is so funny that you said that because on our last trip in October we too were riding CoP and got stuck in one of the decades. I want to say it was the 40s too but I can't remember, it could very well of been the 50s too. What was even funnier was that we thought we were going to be stuck a third time but the ride finally started up again and was fine after that. We really didn't mind hearing the song as much as we did since we just love that attraction and we all sing it as it is on anyways.

That trip seemed to be our unlucky trip when it came to ride malfunctions.
Both our DDs had the misfortune of being stuck on a couple of different rides. First they were stuck in EE just as you are about to go backwards for about 20 minutes, then on one of our MK days they were about to get on BTMRR when the whole ride shut down. As DH and I were waiting for them to get off the ride, we noticed that everyone that was getting in line was turned away, and the ones that were already in line came back down and the CMs closed off the entrance. My older DD called DH and said that they were the next ones to get on the train and that CMs are giving out anytime FPs to them and the other passengers that were waiting.

Also, our whole family got stuck on POTC. After the drop the boats started to go at a snails pace, we were all just floating along, literally. There was a CM that came over the PA (a few times) saying to just sit tight the ride will start to move soon. They even turned the music off and the lights turned on, which made the ride seem a bit creepy (watching animatronics moving their mouths and bodies without music or words, was eerie). I thought for sure we were going to be walked off the ride, but no they had us all floating along until the end. Let me just say that was the longest POTC ride that I had ever been on :rotfl:. What was even worse is that we went on it to waist some time before MNSSHP started. When we got to the ride it said it was a 5 minute wait, so we used that as a filler until we would get in line to M&G Captain Jack. Luckily when we got off the ride (finally), MNSSHP had just begun and we were the second in line to meet the Captain :goodvibes :cloud9:.

I was riding COP with my guy in January when we went to Disney World over the MLK weekend, and we got stuck for half an hour in the second to last room. The cast member did come over the loudspeaker for us to please remain in our seats, and that they would get the ride going again as soon as possible.

We also got stuck on Tower of Terror, and Tomorrowland Transit Authority. With the Tower of Terror they had to evacuate us off the ride. Since I am a wheelchair user. They had five firemen from the Reedy Creek Fire Department come to carry me off the ride.

At the Tomorrowland Transit Authority ride. It was the same long wait as it was with COP.

Back in December, DF and I got stuck a few times. Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth (on the backwards descent), and Pirates. Rides like Pirates, though, I don't consider to be "stuck" so much...it was more of a slow traffic jam of boats. Haunted Mansion was a fun one to get stuck on....the people with little ones behind us were not so thrilled. Those kids freaked out!

We were stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin during our last trip. It happened right as we were going up an incline so we were in a bit of an awkward position to sit in. We made the best of it and continued shooting. I think it was our highest score to date on that ride. :lmao:

Our last trip my husband and I were stuck on Spaceship Earth for 15-20 minutes. To pass the time we recited Jurassic Park quotes.

Got on POTC right at closing one time and got stuck. Waited a good while before someone finally came and had us get off the boats and walk out.

A few years back we were stuck on Maelstrom. After 20 minutes or so they drained the water and came and walked us out. I got good close up video of a lot of the back stage stuff.

I swear that HM gets stuck every time we are on it. Usually only for about 5 min or so, but I don't know if I've ever had an uninterrupted ride.

Got stuck on POTC in Disneyland for about 20 min in Feb when I was there. They finally got the boats moving, but I couldn't get phone/data service down there so it was extremely boring just sitting there waiting.

We were stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin during our last trip. It happened right as we were going up an incline so we were in a bit of an awkward position to sit in. We made the best of it and continued shooting. I think it was our highest score to date on that ride. :lmao:

In October we were stuck twice. The first time we were stopped in the first room and did the same, just continued shooting and had awesome scores. The second time was in the tunnel.. left the ride with a massive headache and nausea due to the lighting effect in there.

Carousel of Progress, yes. ...stuck in the 40's.....lol.

EE- That was really kinda scary, we were right where the ride stops to go backwards in 98° heat for forever. Then we had to walk off. .....that was also not fun as it is a looooooong walk off the tide.

We got stuck on Winnie the Pooh at the end of January. We were only stopped for a couple of minutes before a CM came through and said that they would be back to rescue us. It was neat to be able to take in all of the details of the ride on our way out. And, we received an old school paper fastpass (for almost any ride) as compensation!

My family has been stuck on Splash Mountain so many times that we have a rather extensive series of inside jokes surrounding the attraction. I think I've been stuck on that one maybe three times as many times as on all other rides combined.

We have been stuck on a few, but the most memorable one was in 2010 on Haunted Mansion. We were stopped exactly 42 minutes. And I must say I got one awesome nap!

A few weeks ago, we got stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean. The boats all just backed up against each other, and we didn't move at all for about 20 minutes. They turned the music off and lights on after a while. Eventually some CMs came out in waders and pushed the boat that was causing the problem out of the way, then we started back up. It was worth it though because we all got a fastpass that we could use on almost any ride any time for the next week.

We got stuck on Winnie the Pooh at the end of January. We were only stopped for a couple of minutes before a CM came through and said that they would be back to rescue us. It was neat to be able to take in all of the details of the ride on our way out. And, we received an old school paper fastpass (for almost any ride) as compensation!

Last November we got stuck on Pooh's ride too - in Tigger's jumping section. I had one of our "rescuer" CM's take a picture of us in our Honey Pot, lol. We also got a free fastpass :)

I got stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean once. I joked about that line from Jurassic Park that at least when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the attraction doesn't eat the guests. lol

Last year my son and I got stuck on Splash Mountain twice in the same ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter